Windows 10: Win10 keeps changing name of my sound device!!

Discus and support Win10 keeps changing name of my sound device!! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; PC momentarilly allows me to change a device name in the Sound Properties dialogue....but then insists on changing it back to someting meaningless.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by misterkevster, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Win10 keeps changing name of my sound device!!

PC momentarilly allows me to change a device name in the Sound Properties dialogue....but then insists on changing it back to someting meaningless.

Trying to have 'SONY 65XE9305'.......but reverts back to 'SONY TV *00'.....which I have not entered at any point!!!

Ideas please!

:)

misterkevster, Apr 16, 2018
  2. Jarmysc14 Win User

No Audio after Windows10 update

I also have no audio after a Win10 update! ARRGHH. Windows 10: the gift that keeps on frustrating! I went to Device Manager: Sound...and deleted the MS sound device that was there above my Realtek sound device. My sound icon on my desktop now shows
    that I have sound, but I don't. My tablet actually hasn't had any problems for the past four weeks, except for this one. WOW, that's a record since installing Win10 back at the first of December 2015. I hate that Microsoft just installs their software (in
    this case, for sound) on my computer--and the "update" software wreaks havoc. I don't want to write lines of code to recover my sound...this is ridiculous. Any helpful and non-code suggestions are welcome.

Jarmysc14, Apr 16, 2018
  3. Problem with the sound settings

I have to keep changing my default device in Sound settings whenever I want to use a headphone or speaker. For eg: I have used my speaker to play some song and then if plug in my headphones, there is no sound, i have to go to the sound settings and change
    the default device to Headphone. Please someone help me solve this problem

strikersap, Apr 16, 2018
Thema:

Win10 keeps changing name of my sound device!!

1. Win10 keeps changing name of my sound device!! - Similar Threads - Win10 keeps changing

2. Something keeps changing my computer name to Administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    Something keeps changing my computer name to Administrator: One of the pc's in my network keeps changing it's name to Administrator. If I change it back to what I need it to be and restart, it works but only until the next restart where something changes it back to Administrator. None of my other computers are affected by this. It...
  3. Can I change my user name as used by WIN10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can I change my user name as used by WIN10: A while back I bought a Surface pro and set it up to start, using my Hotmail.com account. Foolishly, with hindsight, I called myself iande (instead of ian) when setting up. For security the surface pro looks at me (my eyes?), recognises me as the administrator and welcomes me...
  4. Editing the device names in the sound window

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Editing the device names in the sound window: Hi guys, This may be something so easy, but I cannot figure out if it is possible. Under my sound output I have two devices: Headset (5- USB Audio Device) and LEN Left Monitor (NVIDIA High Definition Audio). Pic: https://snipboard.io/CGNl23.jpg I can edit "Headset" and...
  5. How to stop Windows from changing the name of the sound output device?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to stop Windows from changing the name of the sound output device?: I am on Windows 10 Version10.0.18363 Build 18363. My PC is connected to my Yamaha TSR-700 AVR via HDMI. From the AVR, I connect to the TV. When my TV is off, and I play a CD on my PC, then I can upmix it to the surround decoder. And all my speakers are used. When my TV...
  6. My PC's name keeps changing in my router.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My PC's name keeps changing in my router.: I named my computer, lets say its "XYZ". However recently my family has decided to change the wifi settings to prevent any unauthorized devices from connecting. This is all fine and good, however out of nowhere my computer has started to change its name to "XYZ 1", "XYZ 2"...
  7. How do I change the name of my device?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I change the name of my device?: I'm re-installing Windows 10 on my PC. The device name that was automatically assigned is quite obscure. I'm afraid I won't be able to recognize it in a list of family devices. Is there a way to change the name? Thanks, DebFisher1...
  8. How to change device name

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change device name: I got a new laptop and the device name is a cryptic thing I'd like to change to something I immediately understand. How do I do that Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-device-name/605a7f2f-93e2-490b-a74f-8ada2e367170
  9. Win10 Mail: Can't change my mailing name

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win10 Mail: Can't change my mailing name: Hi, I need some help with changing my mailing name. So around 2 weeks ago everything was fine, I could send an email and the recipient would see my name and surname. Now whenever I send an email it displays my nickname that I use for other mailboxes. I can see how this could...
  10. UNWANTED FOLDER NAME CHANGE IN WIN10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    UNWANTED FOLDER NAME CHANGE IN WIN10: My Win10 Desktop Documents shortcut points to D:\Pete. Every so often the folder name changes to Documents with a corresponding change of icon. My wife's account also points to a folder on D: and also suffers the name change which means two folders with the same name and icon...