Windows 10: Win10 laptop auto reboots unexpected after wake up from sleep

Discus and support Win10 laptop auto reboots unexpected after wake up from sleep in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Recently, I met one auto reboot issue on my Dell latitude laptop. It's a Win 10 system. Each time, after I put it to sleep state and close the lid,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JustinWuB, Apr 22, 2017.

1. JustinWuB Win User

Win10 laptop auto reboots unexpected after wake up from sleep

Recently, I met one auto reboot issue on my Dell latitude laptop. It's a Win 10 system. Each time, after I put it to sleep state and close the lid, then after I open the lid, Win 10 would auto reboot.

I updated the system and some drivers. I guess it's the root cause. Anyone can help? Thanks!

Win10 laptop auto reboots unexpected after wake up from sleep [​IMG]

:)

JustinWuB, Apr 22, 2017

2. Win10 laptop auto reboots after wake up from sleep

Just found one new BIOS upgrade and after upgrading the BIOS, seems like the issue is gone.

Will keep monitoring it. I will mark it as fixed later if the issue doesn't happen again.

Checked and it's fixed by upgrading BIOS!

Justin Wu B, Apr 22, 2017
  3. Win10 laptop auto reboots after wake up from sleep

Sir,

When you say "it auto reboot", does taht mean it safely does the proper reboting process?

Could you check for me your Power Options Plan > Advanced Settings, and see any difference there?

Gina_on_the_thread, Apr 22, 2017
  4. mQ573 Win User

Restore a previous configuration when things were working. Start / Type system restore in Search box.

mQ573, Apr 22, 2017
  5. JustinWuB Win User
    Thanks! I found there's one BIOS upgrade and after I upgraded the BIOS, seems like the issue is gone.

Will keep monitoring it. If the auto reboot doesn't happen again, I will mark it as fixed.

JustinWuB, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Win10 laptop auto reboots unexpected after wake up from sleep - Similar Threads - Win10 laptop auto

2. Auto brightness doesn't adjust after waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto brightness doesn't adjust after waking up from sleep: I have a laptop Asus Vivobook K6602V that has an auto brightness feature. When the ambient light changes while the laptop is awake, the auto brightness works relatively fine I wish it was more responsive. But when waking up from sleep, the brightness is set to whatever it was...
  3. Auto brightness doesn't adjust after waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto brightness doesn't adjust after waking up from sleep: I have a laptop Asus Vivobook K6602V that has an auto brightness feature. When the ambient light changes while the laptop is awake, the auto brightness works relatively fine I wish it was more responsive. But when waking up from sleep, the brightness is set to whatever it was...
  4. Win10 IPv4 not working after waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win10 IPv4 not working after waking up from sleep: I have a few Win10 PC at home and they all start having network connection issue over WiFi since a few days ago, after Windows update. I did some troubleshooting and found the network issue happens when the PC wake up from sleep mode. And interesting enough only IPv4 is...
  5. Auto-restart after wake up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto-restart after wake up from sleep mode: My computer will 100% crash and restart after waking up from sleep mode. I have tried changing the PSU, set disk turnoff time to never and run sfc/ scannow. I am trying to access the minidump file, but there is none in the folder. Could anyone help me with this situation....
  6. Laptop waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop waking up from sleep: I'm using windows 10 pro on a gigabyte aero-15-x9. I checked whether there are any active wake timers in cmd using powercfg -waketimers and it says there are no active wake timers, and I also disabled wake timers in the power config. However, my laptop still turns on while...
  7. Laptop reboots instead of waking up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop reboots instead of waking up from sleep mode: I've seen lots of power/sleep problems discussed on forums, but nothing exactly like the problem I'm having since the latest Windows 10 update. The laptop seems to go to sleep fine. Then when I open the lid or press the power button to wake it up, it makes the unmistakable...
  8. After Win10, HP desktop will not wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    After Win10, HP desktop will not wake up from sleep: After an upgrade to Windows 10, my HP Compaq 6005 Pro Small Form Factor will not wake up properly from sleep. After sleep, if I press a key on the keyboard or press the power button, I hear the fan and hard drive start up, and the monitor goes from completely off to on yet...
  9. Wake from Sleep - Laptop Reboots itself

in Windows 10 Support
    Wake from Sleep - Laptop Reboots itself: Hi Guys, Please help me a little, I think I'm losing my mind. I have an Asus Ultrabook, UX302L. It came with windows 8 from the factory, I upgraded it to windows 10, all nice and wonderful. About a month ago, I replaced my HDD with an Samsung 850 Evo SSD and I installed...
  10. Laptop reboots after trying to wake it from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop reboots after trying to wake it from sleep: I have a huge problem with my ASUS laptop ( ROG G501JW ). I had unrelated problems with Windows 10 most likely caused by malware infection that had me use "Reset PC" option that basically performs fresh Windows 10 installation as far as settings go. After performing it I...