Windows 10: Win10 latest update

Discus and support Win10 latest update in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; We have three computers in our house two laptops one pc. On my laptop that has a ssd the new anniversary update loaded straight away but on the other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by lawnmower60, Aug 12, 2016.

1. Win10 latest update

We have three computers in our house two laptops one pc. On my laptop that has a ssd the new anniversary update loaded straight away but on the other two when I check for latest updates it said there were not any I tried to load from Microsoft site but after a while it said there was an error and stopped the download on both machines the next day there was an update for the last autumn update on all three computers though one had the anniversary update on it what is going on. Also I use Yahoo mail and internet explorer 11 on my laptop that has update yahoo mail will only now open up in the basic mode with a message saying that the web browser is not supported by Microsoft any more it also says this on yahoos compatible browsers when checking with Microsoft they say they are continuing support for IE11 can anyone give me a reason for this as it is only happening on my laptop with the update not the other two

:)

lawnmower60, Aug 12, 2016
  2. vitachick Win User

win10 and latest update

Notice help page was for microsoft games.. I play online first person shooter...Mouse used to fire weapon etc.

Froze up in game yesterday....Plus lag..

Seems to be working ok now..

vitachick, Aug 12, 2016
  3. vitachick Win User
    win10 and latest update

Seems like with Win10 update my mouse freezes up when I'm playing online game...\It's happening on both my desktop computers..

Very annoying and do not know how to fix. Mouse is Razer Diamondback..

Help!

Anyone else?

vitachick, Aug 12, 2016
  4. swarfega Win User

Win10 latest update

Hi and welcome. You will have to update manually using the Media Creation Tool. Click on the Download Tool button. I've had to do that on two of our machines.

swarfega, Aug 12, 2016
  5. Spike999 Win User
    I read somewhere (here maybe?) that the anniversary update was being doled out based on the age of the computer. Older computers would get it last. If this is true, it explains why my laptop is updated, but my 2 Dell GX-620 OptiPlex units haven't gotten it yet. Given that they are circa 2006-7, It might be awhile <grin>. Perhaps MS is putting off the "worst for last" regarding installation issues?
    Regarding the other issue, I (again remembering poorly) believe that there was an issue wherein Yahoo was seeing IE11 as IE7. thus not supported. Hope this helps steer you to a solution.

Spike999, Aug 12, 2016
  6. CmmTch Win User
    I had the same problem, see this thread for a fix, I found it on a Yahoo message board and posted here. I knew more than just me had to be running into this problem.

Those that use IE11 on Yahoo and have updated to the AU

CmmTch, Aug 13, 2016
  7. Thanks for the info it has solved my problems

lawnmower60, Aug 13, 2016
  8. fotyc Win User

Win10 latest update

I actually don't know if I got it - I don't think so. My daughter's laptop obviously got it, but I don't think mine did, it still says it's running Build 10586 - that's not it, right? I have a Samsung laptop and it worked great with Win10 when I upgraded last year, but Windows Update tells me I have no pending updates. Could it have been so seamless I wouldn't notice?? I think I have a very ordinary SATA disk drive so I should not have the issues with SSD drives that I'm hearing about.

fotyc, Aug 15, 2016
  9. Thank you for the information. It solved my problem.

thewrightclick, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Win10 latest update

1. Win10 latest update - Similar Threads - Win10 latest update

2. Latest Win10 update shortcut arrows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Latest Win10 update shortcut arrows: The latest update added symbols or arrows to all of my desktop shortcuts.How do I get rid of them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/latest-win10-update-shortcut-arrows/0e3972d3-d9c0-467c-9dcf-b4634f420879
  3. Latest Win10 update shortcut arrows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Latest Win10 update shortcut arrows: The latest update added symbols or arrows to all of my desktop shortcuts.How do I get rid of them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/latest-win10-update-shortcut-arrows/0e3972d3-d9c0-467c-9dcf-b4634f420879
  4. Latest Win10 update shortcut arrows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Latest Version Win10 Update

Latest Version Win10 Update: This a.m. I was asked to begin loading the latest update on Win10. I clicked to begin the up date. That was just about 8 hours ago. It's still just little wheel spinning merrily on my screen. Can I interrupt the process and start again? Must I wait as long as it takes?...
  6. Latest win10 update (2004)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Latest win10 update (2004): So just finished downloading the update through windows website cuz I disabled automatic updates a while ago and couldn't remember how to restore it since I need to use Adobe software and it won't work without a newer windows version but I just found my very first bug (which...
  7. Latest win10 update

Latest win10 update: Ok so ONCE AGAIN an update was FORCED on me against my consent. I want to know how i can keep you from doing this, switch ALL UPDATES OFF. How DARE you IMPOSE on me how my internet is used, you DO NOT PAY MY BILL. Now my laptop wants to scan my fingerprint, which gets...
  8. win10 dead end, on latest update ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    win10 dead end, on latest update ?: Hi All. Trying to install the latest update. Ok going through the pages, I get the following.. Select or connect an external storage drive with at least 10 Gb free: Next page says .. External storage device ( D : ) 26.2 Gb Free... Also, at the bottom of the same page it...
  9. Latest Win10 Updates

Latest Win10 Updates: I got KB3176936 [14393.82] on 8/24 and the Regedit edit to PaintDesktop quit working even though it was correctly set. I got KB3176938 [14393.105] today [while I was out shopping] and PaintDesktop also will not work even though set as directed. I have a reason to have it...
  10. Latest Win10 update

Latest Win10 update: [img] I have just finished downloading & installing the above update.. Took an age on my "up to" 4Mbps ADSL connection 71998