Windows 10: Win10 Mail App Put PW on PC

Discus and support Win10 Mail App Put PW on PC in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Woke up this morning to find the PC was updating... a process that took 45+ minutes. I assume this is what's called the Anniversary update. Since over... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by elt, Sep 22, 2016.

1. ELT
    elt Win User

Win10 Mail App Put PW on PC

Woke up this morning to find the PC was updating... a process that took 45+ minutes. I assume this is what's called the Anniversary update. Since over the past few days Windows 2012 mail finally stopped working I finally signed up with the Win10 mail app. Entering the PW it said something about the PC but I didn't quite understand it. That was dumb because there's now a PW on the PC itself and I don't want one.

In account settings I told it to never ask me for a PW when I come back from being away... but that setting does nothing.

Any ideas how I can get rid of that PW on the PC?

Thanks

(if the suggestion is to jump through the on-line MS security hoops... AHHHHH!!! I tried getting on line to see if I could make any changes but MS's security check system seems to be broken. 15 years ago I had MSN internet with a number of accounts. I picked the C user account to be the backup should something happen to the E user. The C email account shows up to send a security code to... but after 4 tries... no mail is sent there because it no longer seems to be associated with the E user which once was the admin for all the MSN users. I can't reset the security info because I only have one phone... and it says that number is already in the system... and on and on it goes... but my main question is how do I remove the PW from the PC itself?)

:)

2. RonGawel Win User

Sync problems with AOL account on Windows 10 Mail app

this only happens with aol... gmail is ok..

i have all current windows updates...

no error message..

the problem is when i try to use wind 10 mail app, it will not synch with aol acct.. it syncs with gmail.

i tried deleting aol acct using the wind 10 mail app and it deletes.. then when i add it back, the sign in dropdown has a password that is wrong.. ( too many characters). i delete that pw and put in correct one but it defers to incorrect stored pw. it
    wont accept another pw...

i tried reinstalling wind 10, deleting aol acct, to no avail

RonGawel, Sep 22, 2016
  3. DBairddb Win User
    WIN10 password lost but logged in with picture pw

I log into WIN10 using the picture pw. I have forgotten the other pw. How can I reset the forgotten pw to allow me to make a pw recovery disc and avoid future pw problems?

Thanks

DB

DBairddb, Sep 22, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

For anyone puzzled by the above it seems PW = password.

- that setting works for me, and applies to resuming from sleep. Could you try that explicitly?

If you are logging in as a local user (which I assume you are) please see
    Password of User Account - Remove in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

from the Tutorial section which is full of clear guides, and which it's often worth searching and worth being aware of.

dalchina, Sep 22, 2016
  5. ELT
    elt Win User
    Thanks for the speedy reply dalchina. Yup... that's how I found out I suddenly needed a password after 15 years of not having one. Image my surprise. Luckily I guessed which one of the 100+ I must have. I'll give your suggestion a try. Win10 Anniversary threw me for a loop. I had been using Classic Shell (a win7 substitute for the lost start menu on Win8) and now even Control Panel and the search/run box was gone. >>>>>>>UPDATE: I did get rid of the user PW by signing in with the "local account". I don't even know when MS added the network password as an option. I only found out by accident when I started using the Win10 mail app. Thanks again!!

6. dalchina New Member
    Strange- I was using C Shell before the AU, and still am- no issues. Have you tried reinstalling it?

dalchina, Sep 22, 2016
  7. ELT
    elt Win User
    I did install the newest version and it doesn't work. The version that Anniversary said was incompatible was over a year old... when I first got Win8 after using Vista... and spent the first week swearing at it. UPDATE: I feel my PC is gaslighting me. When I got rid of my password, the PC logged me out and when I went back in... Classic Shell was back... and with it my option to hibernate which was missing from the Win10 Anniversary powers options.

8. dalchina New Member

I must admit to being somewhat confused about what you're experiencing.

I'm wondering if you're actually logging in as a different user?

I'm using the latest Classic Shell -4.3 - no problems.

dalchina, Sep 23, 2016
  9. ELT
    elt Win User
    As I noted above, I got classic shell running... but it only happened after I was able to get rid of the PW on my account. At that point, Windows logged me out, and when I went back to desktop (there's only one account on the machine), classic shell was running. Don't ask me why. It may have needed for me to log out of my account to become active.

Thema:

1. Win10 Mail App Put PW on PC - Similar Threads - Win10 Mail App

2. Outlook's sign-in to the Win10 mail app.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook's sign-in to the Win10 mail app.: My outlook can't be signed in on the win10 mail app. I'm here two places in the circle [ATTACH] That's it if you log in. [ATTACH] Chinese meaning: this account is already assisted It's available to log in with IMAP, but you can't get mail. [ATTACH]This means:...
  3. Run pc but protect with pw?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Run pc but protect with pw?: I want to leave my pc.über after downloadem but if you want to touch it again you have to enter a pw so it runs but if jmd wants to access it you have to use pw (Windows10) but how? Pc laufen lassen aber mit pw schützen?
  4. Win10 Mail App Attachment issues

Win10 Mail App Attachment issues: Hello, This problem only started recently. I am unable to download attachments in emails - the loading circle turns forever. Things I have tested: 1. The problem is only with the company exchange email; outlook account bound to the Mail App doesn't have this problem...
  5. internet connection & Win10 Mail App

internet connection & Win10 Mail App: Mail in Win10 said it couldn't connect to my account, as I was offline. I checked the network setting and it says there is no connection, nor is an Ethernet cable plugged in. Obviously it is and there is a connection as I am signed into my account and typing this message....
  6. sync aliyun mail in win10 mail app

sync aliyun mail in win10 mail app: How to sync aliyun mail successfully in window 10 mail app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sync-aliyun-mail-in-win10-mail-app/f75170db-6146-450a-bd31-d20b333a34b1
  7. forgot pc's pw and cannot open after changing microsoft' pw

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    forgot pc's pw and cannot open after changing microsoft' pw: i cannot open my pc1 for i forgot my pw. got directed to change(microsoft pw), so i changed several times, still pc won't open. used the other pc2 and changed again. still pc1 won't open...??? am totally confused....
  8. Win10 Mail app not showing notifications

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win10 Mail app not showing notifications: The notifications have stopped on my Win10 mail app. It used to show up as a number on the icon in my taskbar when an email from one of the linked accounts showed up. It has stopped doing that. Every linked account is set to DOWNLOAD NEW CONTENT AS ITEMS ARRIVE. Sync...
  9. Win10 Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Win10 Mail: I used Win Live Mail 2012 but now have to use Win 10 Mail. Is it possible to make a group of contacts? I could do this with Win Live Mail 2012. I have read some where that Win 10 Mail can not make groups of contacts. 76087
  10. Win10 Mail app hanging?

in Browsers and Email
    Win10 Mail app hanging?: Trying to setup Mail app, and it won't let me past the "Add account" screen ... I added a hotmail account, it indicated that was successful. I added a Yahoo mail account, again indicated success ... but it keeps returning to the "Add account" screen, and the "Ready to go"...