Windows 10: Win10 Mail - can it notify me of emails in junk folder?

Discus and support Win10 Mail - can it notify me of emails in junk folder? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; In the Windows 10 Mail program I get notifications when I get an e-mail in the notifications section of the tray except when an e-mail goes to the junk... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Alfred001, Feb 19, 2017.

1. Alfred001 Win User

Win10 Mail - can it notify me of emails in junk folder?

In the Windows 10 Mail program I get notifications when I get an e-mail in the notifications section of the tray except when an e-mail goes to the junk folder. Is it possible to have it notify me even when a mail goes to the junk folder?

:)

Alfred001, Feb 19, 2017

2. Notifications of mail received in "junk" folder in Win10 Mail

I'm using the Windows 10 program "Mail" for my e-mails and I have it set to notify me any time new e-mails are received, the trouble is it doesn't notify me of mail that goes to my junk folder. I'm wondering if there's any way to make it notify me of that,
    too.

This is a hotmail/outlook account that has the junk folder by default.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

AlfredPeterson, Feb 19, 2017
  3. Toby_R Win User
    Junk Mails received in mail app

Before upgrading to Win10, I used Windows Live Mail 2011 and never had any issue with junk mail in my inbox (maybe the odd email here and there) but ever since installing Win10 and using the Mail app, I have about 10+ junk emails per day in my inbox and

Maybe a coincidence, but strange over the last how many years of win7+Live Mail I never had this problem.

Is the mail app setup for junk mail different then Live Mail??

I didn't see any settings in the mail app change or did I overlook something??

Thanks

Toby_R, Feb 19, 2017
Thema:

Win10 Mail - can it notify me of emails in junk folder?

1. Win10 Mail - can it notify me of emails in junk folder? - Similar Threads - Win10 Mail notify

2. Junk email folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Junk email folder: Have windows 8.1 os. Can't get into the junk email folder. When I click on it, it just keeps "going" or stays busy. Nothing shows up. I believe it's because I have way too many emails in it. I can't get into it to delete them. Suggestions?...
  3. Junk email folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Junk email folder: Have windows 8.1 os. Can't get into the junk email folder. When I click on it, it just keeps "going" or stays busy. Nothing shows up. I believe it's because I have way too many emails in it. I can't get into it to delete them. Suggestions?...
  4. Accidentally moved email folder into junk mail; now all emails in folder automaticall deleted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accidentally moved email folder into junk mail; now all emails in folder automaticall deleted: Hello,Yesterday I noticed all of the emails in a folder was deleted and then I realized this folder had been moved as a sub-folder of my junk mail! I believe the folder was purged of all emails that were older than 10 days, which was all of the emails except for a few from...
  5. Emails routed to junk folder

Emails routed to junk folder: Some incoming emails are being routed to the Junk folder in the Windows 10 Mail app. Since the Mail app has no rule creation capability and emails cannot be marked as junk, how is this happening ?...
  6. MAIL - junk mail sperating from real email

in Windows 10 Customization
    MAIL - junk mail sperating from real email: Just upgraded Windows 10. Email changed for Live Mail to MAIL. I do not like the new format, but have no idea how to change it. In Live Mail - I could block senders emails do they appear in my junk mail box spam notifications and newsletters etc so my inbox was not full of...
  7. Email Junk mail folder

Email Junk mail folder: Since setting up my email on my laptop Windows 10 I am unable to sync the Junk folder, incoming and out going email is fine, just an empty Junk folder, I can see all content of junk folder on my iphone and Tablet, any ideas mario...
  8. junk folder in email

junk folder in email: How do I access junk mail on Windows 10. It does not appear under 'more items https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/junk-folder-in-email/2ec88a3e-d863-48f1-9ee5-5f58e245c85f
  9. Junk Email Folder in Windows Mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Junk Email Folder in Windows Mail: How do I set parameters for Junk Email in Windows Mail? I am getting a lot of wanted emails arbitrarily directed to my Junk folder and there seems to be no rationale whatsoever, because email from most of the same senders is arriving in my normal Inbox. This is causing me...
  10. Win10 Mail sometimes notifies and sometimes doesn't of new email

in Browsers and Email
    Win10 Mail sometimes notifies and sometimes doesn't of new email: Does anyone have any idea why it might be the case that Mail, seemingly at random, sometimes notifies me and it sometimes doesn't of newly arrived emails. It doesn't seem to vary based on individual emails, but individual bootups. In other words, sometimes when I turn the...