Windows 10: Win10 Mail program - how to have unread emails highlighted?

Discus and support Win10 Mail program - how to have unread emails highlighted? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi, I'm trying to work out how to make unread emails more obvious in "Windows 10 Mail". Currently they show up in blue: [img] Is there a way... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by youradds, Nov 27, 2017.

1. youradds Win User

Win10 Mail program - how to have unread emails highlighted?

Hi,

I'm trying to work out how to make unread emails more obvious in "Windows 10 Mail". Currently they show up in blue:

Win10 Mail program - how to have unread emails highlighted? [​IMG]

Is there a way to make them more obvious? I can see it getting quite confusing as I get a LOT of emails every day. Ideally, I would like a different background colour on the unread emails. Is this possible?

TIA

Andy

:)

youradds, Nov 27, 2017

2. Taskbar Mail icon continues to show unread mail count after emails are read

The mail icon in the task bar continues to show unread mail when none present. I have my Hotmail and 2 other personal email accounts in Windows 10 mail app. Sometimes the unread count (number in a circle over the bottom right portion of the mail icon)
    does not clear. After reading unread emails (from the 3 accounts), the unread count over the icon remains. No unread emails are present in Mail. I log into each account via the respective web portal or via Outlook 2016 (for my Hotmail acct) and no unread
    mail is present. The number will remain even into starting Windows 10 the next day, not changing value even though new mail has been received, read and or deleted via other email access (mobile phone).

UPDATE: While typing this question, I received 1 new email (to my Hotmail acct). A "slide-in" message from the action center displayed a new email received and the number on the icon immediately changed from 5 to 1. Maybe that's the way to clear - leave
    Windows 10 running until a new email is received??? (at the time, the Mail app was NOT running).

Also, after reading the mail(s) received and shutting down Mail app, the unread count disappears momentarily then re-appears on the icon when the Mail app closes.

This is no longer a question but more an FYI. This is about how to resolve an apparent bug in the Mail app.

grasskutter, Nov 27, 2017
  3. daunove Win User
    Read emails on PC display as Unread on Exchange-Server synced Windows Mobile 6.1 device

I've got my WM6.1 device synchronized to my companys Exchange server, so when at my desk I receive a new mail alert on both my PC and my device.

If I read the email on my PC in Outlook 2003, the Read/Unread status of the same message remains Unread on my device.

How can I sync the Read/Unread status of the email to my device so that I don't have "unread" mail on my device that I have already read on my PC?

Thanks!

daunove, Nov 27, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

If the colour change is not sufficient the next best approach is to select only the unread emails by using the dropdown selector at the top of the Inbox. By default it is set to show all - you can change this to show unread or flagged.

philc43, Nov 27, 2017
  5. youradds Win User
    Mmm yeah I saw that, but it doesn't seem very intuitive :/ It seems like the app is still quite lacking (no HTML signatures for example). Maybe I will just have to keep to my GMail tabs open in Chrome (all 4 of them, which slows down the browser quite a bit)

Thanks anyway *Smile

Andy

youradds, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Win10 Mail program - how to have unread emails highlighted? - Similar Threads - Win10 Mail program

2. My Junk Mail folder says I have 344 unread emails, but they are all read

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Junk Mail folder says I have 344 unread emails, but they are all read: In the Windows Mail app, I have no unread emails in my Junk Mail folder, but it is labelled as having 344 unread emails. I've been looking around online for a solution and / or explanation but so far have found nothing. I would be very grateful for any help....
  3. win10 bsod. text unreadable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    win10 bsod. text unreadable: I've read a lot about blue screens but no one ever posted saying they couldn't read it.Sometimes the text is legible other times it appears to be a different language, it could be just gibberish. . But either way it always reboots. I've tried to disable the reboot feature but...
  4. Doing a COPY From A Line i Highlighted In A MAIL eMail: How ?

in Browsers and Email
    Doing a COPY From A Line i Highlighted In A MAIL eMail: How ?: Hello, I give up. Just can't figure it out. Using MAIL with W10. I received an eMail, highlighted a few lines of it that I want to place into Notepad. The lines I selected are highlighted. Great. Now what, please ? Right clicking does nothing. Can't find a COPY command...
  5. Doing a COPY From A Line i Highlighted In A MAIL eMail: How ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Doing a COPY From A Line i Highlighted In A MAIL eMail: How ?: Hello, I give up. Just can't figure it out. Using MAIL with W10. I received an eMail, highlighted a few lines of it that I want to place into Notepad. The lines I selected are highlighted. Great. Now what, please ? Right clicking does nothing. Can't find a COPY command...
  6. Taskbar Mail icon keeps showng unread email badge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar Mail icon keeps showng unread email badge: Hi! I got the email icon on my taskbar that keeps showing unread emails, even though I don't. I tried everything such as synicing but it doesn't go away. Do you have any solution? Thanks...
  7. How to set email sync frequency on Win10 Mail App

How to set email sync frequency on Win10 Mail App: First timer here saying hi to all! So I have the Mail App (build 16005.11231.20082.0) on Windows 10 (build 1809) and it is my default emailing app. This is not Outlook, just the Mail app. However, I see that the app, although automatically detect emails, often lags behind...
  8. Searching Mail app only returns unread email or email from contacts

Searching Mail app only returns unread email or email from contacts: Hi, How do I get searches in the mail app to return all results? It seems to only return results from unread emails (confession, I'm rubbish at deleting email so have a lot of those!) or from contacts. Which makes it nearly (or sometimes totally) impossible to find things...
  9. Highlighter program

Highlighter program: I wonder if anyone in the forum could advise me of a highlighter where the highlights are saved so that the next time you go back to a specific site/page, the highlights are still there. I do a tremendous amount of online ordering. I would like to be able to go to my CC...
  10. Select Unread Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Select Unread Mail: am i missing something or did we lose the ability to select all unread mail in the Mail app? seemd like a backward step if true. are thelNning to address this? i sent feedbback already. thanks. 8054

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to keep unread emails highlighted in win 10

2. taskbar mail icon continues to show unread mail count

3. how to make unread emails more obvious