Windows 10: Win10 Mail sometimes notifies and sometimes doesn't of new email

Discus and support Win10 Mail sometimes notifies and sometimes doesn't of new email in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Does anyone have any idea why it might be the case that Mail, seemingly at random, sometimes notifies me and it sometimes doesn't of newly arrived... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Alfred001, Dec 3, 2017.

1. Alfred001 Win User

Win10 Mail sometimes notifies and sometimes doesn't of new email

Does anyone have any idea why it might be the case that Mail, seemingly at random, sometimes notifies me and it sometimes doesn't of newly arrived emails.

It doesn't seem to vary based on individual emails, but individual bootups. In other words, sometimes when I turn the computer on it notifies of every email for the duration of that session (until I turn the computer off). And then the next time I turn the computer on it won't notify of any emails for the duration of that session.

:)

Alfred001, Dec 3, 2017
  2. GraemeR01 Win User

Multiple issues with Windows 10 mobile

1) Lumia 640

2) Mail now has a linked inbox - but not automatically downloading emails - have to manually refresh (regardless of settings) New email indicator on live tile V erratic - sometimes shows sometimes not - even with new mail in the folder

3) All was fine prior to Win10

GraemeR01, Dec 3, 2017
  3. sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't

I have a new Nokea 5230 Nuron phone that I love. I also have Windows vista on a computer less than 2 years old. Everything I plug into this computer with a USB seems to work, except my new phone - which works on some days and not on others. On certain
    days I get an error message stating that the computer does not recognize the divice. I then hae to uninstall and reinstall the program to get it to work.

Any suggestions on why this only works intermittently?

zephyr66---01, Dec 3, 2017
  4. Win10 Mail sometimes notifies and sometimes doesn't of new email

worth removing the account and re adding to test. If its Windows Mail the program best remove that also and reinstall with reboots inbetween. If it the app then removing and re adding should be fine. Check the settings dont default to check every 30mins or so also.

kingtez1984, Dec 3, 2017
  5. Helmut Win User
    I use Windows 10 Mail on 6 Mail Accounts.
    Use 3 notifications, Live Tiles(individual and combined), Notification Centre, Task Bar badges on the Mail Icon.
    There is quite often a discrepancy between those 3, always it's the last two not the Live Tiles.

I'm sure it is all tied up with syncing and what it thinks you have read (Settings > Reading) and what time you have selected for read indication, stuff like that.

I have done things like re-installing the App and Deleting/Adding accounts again. It makes no difference. There are other oddities that occasionally appear as well.

Helmut, Dec 3, 2017
  6. Alfred001 Win User
    I also use multiple accounts on Mail, but, in my case at least, the problem is not due to what it thinks I've read. For ex. in the last few days I've not started Mail at all, so it couldn't think I've seen anything, and it still notified me of email sporadically (some bootups it did, others not).

Alfred001, Dec 4, 2017
  7. Helmut Win User
    You have not said what notifications you use or which are sporadic, nor your read settings.
    Windows 10 Mail runs in the background, or it should be.

Settings > System > Notifications & Actions > Notifications check what you need there. Mail needs to be on and maybe others depending on what notifications you use.

Settings > Privacy > Background apps > Mail, People should be On.

Some Anti-virus applications also monitor Emails, you may need to look at settings there.

Helmut, Dec 4, 2017
  8. Alfred001 Win User

Mail is on in all of those

Alfred001, Dec 19, 2017
  9. MrHudson Win User
    I have two accounts, Hotmail and outlook, outlook is the only one I get notified of. Hotmail is the main one I use and registered OS with.

MrHudson, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Win10 Mail sometimes notifies and sometimes doesn't of new email - Similar Threads - Win10 Mail sometimes

2. Sometimes bluetooth works and sometimes doesn't

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sometimes bluetooth works and sometimes doesn't: Sometimes bluetooth stop working. And i have to restart the pc many times but still it doesn't work. I also tried to install bluetooth driver but things didn't work out....
  3. Sometimes bluetooth works and sometimes doesn't

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sometimes bluetooth works and sometimes doesn't: Sometimes bluetooth stop working. And i have to restart the pc many times but still it doesn't work. I also tried to install bluetooth driver but things didn't work out....
  4. Sometimes bluetooth works and sometimes doesn't

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Touchpad Doesn't work sometimes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad Doesn't work sometimes: Hi, Lately i ve been facing an issue with my touchpad. When i turn on the laptop the touchpad doesn't works, when i check in Device manager under synaptics driver it says it is not present. But when i restart my laptop for times it starts working. And sometimes it stops...
  6. Bluetooth sometimes works and sometimes doesn't on startup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth sometimes works and sometimes doesn't on startup: Hi, my bluetooth has been acting very weird. When bluetooth works, it shows up in the notification bar and as expected, it works when paired. But when it doesn't, it disappears from the bar and I have no way to turn it back on unless if i probably do a restart. I have tried...
  7. Windows sometimes doesn't boot.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows sometimes doesn't boot.: I'm greeted by a black screen after I restart my machine or after I log out. I am able to boot into windows when I turn of my pc and then start it up again. I'm running a completely new installation of windows....
  8. Picture Application sometimes works , sometimes doesn't

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Picture Application sometimes works , sometimes doesn't: Hi sometimes when I open an image (.jpg or .png) with the picture application I either got : Picture application open but doesn't show the image (white picture) Picture application doesn't open and 10 sec/15 sec after windows say "the application has not started within the...
  9. Win10 Mail - can it notify me of emails in junk folder?

in Browsers and Email
    Win10 Mail - can it notify me of emails in junk folder?: In the Windows 10 Mail program I get notifications when I get an e-mail in the notifications section of the tray except when an e-mail goes to the junk folder. Is it possible to have it notify me even when a mail goes to the junk folder? 77646
  10. Win10 with new SSD freezing hard sometimes

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 with new SSD freezing hard sometimes: I decided to upgrade my computer with a SSD (Samsung 850 Evo 250GB) to speed things up a bit. I did this when I upgraded from win7 to win10. I wanted my computer clean and "new" which meant that after the initial upgrade I removed everything from the old hardware and...