Windows 10: Win10 Mail won't display msg body w/ pop3 acct, but fine w/Gmail acct

Discus and support Win10 Mail won't display msg body w/ pop3 acct, but fine w/Gmail acct in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; All; Thank you in advance for your help. I have an unusual problem. I have a PC with Windows 10, and I'm using the stock mail application. I have... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by jraines, Mar 17, 2016.

1. jraines Win User

Win10 Mail won't display msg body w/ pop3 acct, but fine w/Gmail acct

All;
    Thank you in advance for your help.
    I have an unusual problem.
    I have a PC with Windows 10, and I'm using the stock mail application.
    I have added 2 accounts, a pop3 account and a Gmail account.
    The Gmail account works fine, but the pop 3 account will only display the message header, and not the body of the email. when you click on "download message and pictures", nothing happens.
    I've found other people online that have similar problems, but what I have not come across is an answer...
    I'm hoping someone here can help.

Windows 10 Mail, version 17.6308.42271.0
    Dell OptiPlex 7010, 3.86 GHz processor, 8 GB RAM,
    this is the first program installed off of a clean installation of Windows 10.

the pop 3 account was set up as follows:
    outgoing server - auth.myhosting.com, requires authentication
    incoming server - ex.myhosting.com
    ...and of course my email address & pw
    It did not, however, give me a chance to identify the port, (995 in my case) if that matters.

(As a side note, when I attempted to go back and review the settings for that pop3 account, I could not find where to make changes once you've got the account set up... I wonder if in order to change your settings, do you have to delete the entire account?)

:)

jraines, Mar 17, 2016

2. Win10 Mail won't display msg body w/ pop3 acct, but fine w/Gmail acct

Hi Julie,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We understand the inconvenience caused and we will try our best to resolve the issue.

To assist you better, I like to know; when you say
    stock mail application, are you referring to default Windows 10 Mail app?

If you are referring to Windows 10 mail app, I suggest you to remove the account for Windows 10 mail app and then try adding it again and check if it helps.

I suggest you to remove the email address form the Windows 10 mail app and then try adding it again and check if it helps.

Refer to the below link:

Mail and Calendar for Windows 10 FAQ

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Mar 17, 2016
  3. Win10 Mail won't display msg body w/ pop3 acct, but fine w/Gmail acct

All;

Thank you in advance for your help.

I have an unusual problem.

I have a PC with Windows 10, and I'm using the stock mail application.

I have added 2 accounts, a pop3 account and a Gmail account.

The Gmail account works fine, but the pop 3 account will only display the message header, and not the body of the email. when you click on "download message and pictures", nothing happens.

I've found other people online that have similar problems, but what I have not come across is an answer...

I'm hoping someone here can help.

Windows 10 Mail, version 17.6308.42271.0

Dell OptiPlex 7010, 3.86 GHz processor, 8 GB RAM,

this is the first program installed off of a clean installation of Windows 10.

the pop 3 account was set up as follows:

outgoing server - auth.myhosting.com, requires authentication

incoming server - ex.myhosting.com

...and of course my email address & pw

It did not, however, give me a chance to identify the port, (995 in my case) if that matters.

(As a side note, when I attempted to go back and review the settings for that pop3 account, I could not find where to make changes once you've got the account set up... I wonder if in order to change your settings, do you have to delete the entire account?)

JulieRaines, Mar 17, 2016
Thema:

Win10 Mail won't display msg body w/ pop3 acct, but fine w/Gmail acct

1. Win10 Mail won't display msg body w/ pop3 acct, but fine w/Gmail acct - Similar Threads - Win10 Mail won't

2. On my Mail and Calendar Acct.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    On my Mail and Calendar Acct.: On my Mail and Calendar Acct., When I go to manage accounts and click on my acct. I just a window that flashes for a split second, therefore I cant open it to delete this account and try a new one. How do I fix this??...
  3. Notification Error Msg: User Acct. Security Problem You won't be able?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Notification Error Msg: User Acct. Security Problem You won't be able?: version #1909 This is a laptop showing two user accounts, one of them is listed as being an Administrator, the other is just listed as a Microsoft Acct. However if the pc is off and you turn it on there is only one acct listed to sign in. One acct is my wife's (and her...
  4. e-mail accts

in Windows 10 Customization
    e-mail accts: how to unlink or unsync msn acct from gmail acct https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/e-mail-accts/56a11c91-d1ad-4461-b364-a398eb53338b
  5. gmail acct

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    gmail acct: cannot access - tried recovery and when verifying I get no message to my recovery email? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/gmail-acct/fff40107-ec55-4ff4-931c-ebdb2656925a
  6. GMAIL ACCT SETTINGS OUT OF DATE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    GMAIL ACCT SETTINGS OUT OF DATE: Hello, Right now I'm very confused and need some very serious help and support, instructions, directions. I keep getting "Your Gmail Settings are "Out Of Date Two options are shown. "Fix or Dismiss" Of course I want to "Fix" even though I can't understand why my settings...
  7. Can't add Gmail Acct to Windows 10 Mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't add Gmail Acct to Windows 10 Mail: Microsoft recently pushed a couple of updates to my machine and I'm now in Windows 10 Pro Ver. 1803 (17134.167) and Mail (ver. 16005.10228.20127.0). All of a sudden, mail no longer shows my two gmail accounts. I tried removing and readding them but nothing comes back....
  8. New Dell Computer - how to choose type of acct w/ first turn on

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    New Dell Computer - how to choose type of acct w/ first turn on: May I ask, how is the Administrator of a computer determined? Am I, as a new owner of this computer, automatically made the administrator? Computer: Dell XPS 8920, Windows 10Pro, two drives (SSD with OS and hard drive for storage) If so, how does the system identify...
  9. System Restore won't open with MS Acct p/w

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore won't open with MS Acct p/w: Thanks for the input. I solved the problem by using an OLD MS Account p/w. I don't understand why using System Restore to restore would not have the same MS Acct. p/w that is used to sign in with.
  10. MS Acct vs Local acct

in Windows 10 Support
    MS Acct vs Local acct: I see posts referencing local account and can't wrap my head around why users are opting for a local acct. *Huh I have several machines running on a home network, all with an MS account, and all log in without a password. What's not to like *Huh Why is a local...