Windows 10: win10 Network Adapter won't connect/ "No Internet, connected."

Discus and support win10 Network Adapter won't connect/ "No Internet, connected." in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello. Please excuse my newness and inexperience on these forums, as well as making this my first post, but I'm afraid I'm not sure where else to go.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by keithkogane123, Jul 26, 2018.

1. win10 Network Adapter won't connect/ "No Internet, connected."

Hello. Please excuse my newness and inexperience on these forums, as well as making this my first post, but I'm afraid I'm not sure where else to go.

My issue: the network adapter on my laptop will not connect to the wifi. On other devices, including my phone and other laptop, the wifi connects fine. It is only my windows 10 laptop that has this problem.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the network adapter ( it's a qualcom antheros AR9285 wireless network adapter.) I have gone into the CMD and done all series of prompts, resets, and restarts for netsh to clear the adapter of it's known information/settings. I have gone into network connects and made sure it obtains both the IP and DNS server address automatically, and set the DNS server address to 8 8 8 8 > 4 4 8 8 as a fix-- and no dice. I've disbaled/enabled it, restarted multiple times after every change, gone through tons of articles prior on similar users with this issue and tried their solutions and suggestions. Nothing helps. I'm at the end of my rope and I don't know what to do.

the laptop is a Toshiba Satellite, runs windows 10, updating it right now is impossible but typically I try to avoid updates anyways as they usually make the computer run worse, not better, and always end up uninstalling them later on.

Running the troubleshooter gives me ["wi-fi" doesnt have a valid IP configuration.] [unfixed] and in Network connections it frequently displays my wifi connection as "unidentified."

I'm not sure if I need to get the exact IP address and DNS address or what. I just know the issue has to be with my computer (although my internet provider, Spectrum, was having frequent power outages around this time too, which, did not help troubleshooting problem.)

The only network it receives is the wifi data hotspot from my phone, but aside from that, it will not take to our household internet connection no matter what.

Other online articles seem to pinpoint this as a windows ten problem, and if I could switch back to win7 i would but i currently dont have the time or storage devices needed to move all my files and work off the laptop for a new OS.

Please help. My situation is kind of dire and the internet is a resource I very much need right now.

:)

keithkogane123, Jul 26, 2018

2. Losing network connection

Hello Dear, if you have a laptop or a PC with a wireless network adapter, you can see a list of available wireless networks and then connect to one of those networks. The wireless networks will only appear if your PC has a wireless network adapter installed, the adapter is turned on, and the wireless access point is in range.

1. Click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Connections.

2. In the left pane, under Network Tasks, click View available wireless networks.
    In case, If you don't see the network you want to connect to, click Refresh network list. If you see the network but the signal is weak, move the PC closer to the wireless router.

3. Click the network you want to connect to, and then click Connect.

4. If you're connecting to a secure network, type the security key, and then click OK.

I Hope you solve out your query soon.

martinkaren77, Jul 26, 2018
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Connecting computer with no internet connection to network printer

@dk1971
    • Open Admin command and type: ipconfig

win10 Network Adapter won't connect/ "No Internet, connected." [​IMG]
    • Win+X->Control Panel->Netwok and Sharing Center
      Follow the screen shot. This should disable internet access from this PC but allows access to local device(s)
      NOTE: Use the IP & Subnet Mask from step 1. Leave Default gateway & DNS Server blank

win10 Network Adapter won't connect/ "No Internet, connected." [​IMG]

topgundcp, Jul 26, 2018
  4. Kem Mon Win User

win10 Network Adapter won't connect/ "No Internet, connected."

Set Broadband Internet Connection Network Configuration

Hi,

Upon analyzing the details you have provided, kindly run the
    Network and Internet Troubleshooter
    and check if there's any changes. To run the
    troubleshooter,
    follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting.

• Choose
      Network and Internet.

• Run the following
      Troubleshooter:

• Internet Connections.

• Network Adapter.

• Incoming Connections.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you try to
    renew
    your
    IP address. To do this, follow these steps:

• Open
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Type the following command:

• Ipconfig/release
        and hit
        Enter.

• Ipconfig/renew
        and hit
        Enter.

• Exit.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jul 26, 2018
Thema:

win10 Network Adapter won't connect/ "No Internet, connected."

1. win10 Network Adapter won't connect/ "No Internet, connected." - Similar Threads - win10 Network Adapter

2. My network adapter won't connect wirelessly to internet, but works when wired in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My network adapter won't connect wirelessly to internet, but works when wired in: My network adapter won't connect wirelessly to internet, but works when wired in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-network-adapter-wont-connect-wirelessly-to/7e9481b8-aeeb-4b93-bfef-2838e20cd0bf
  3. My network adapter won't connect wirelessly to internet, but works when wired in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My network adapter won't connect wirelessly to internet, but works when wired in: My network adapter won't connect wirelessly to internet, but works when wired in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-network-adapter-wont-connect-wirelessly-to/7e9481b8-aeeb-4b93-bfef-2838e20cd0bf
  4. Win10 USB network adapter will only connect at 802.11b, adapter is 802.11an

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 USB network adapter will only connect at 802.11b, adapter is 802.11an: Win10 USB network adapter will only connect at 802.11b, the adapter is 802.11anMy ethernet is only 100MBPS so I decided to install the wireless wifi mode 2.4 BGN disabled in device manager, 802.11 5G AN mode selected, but win10 keeps loading 802.11b thus limiting the...
  5. Win10 USB network adapter will only connect at 802.11b, adapter is 802.11an

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 USB network adapter will only connect at 802.11b, adapter is 802.11an: Win10 USB network adapter will only connect at 802.11b, the adapter is 802.11anMy ethernet is only 100MBPS so I decided to install the wireless wifi mode 2.4 BGN disabled in device manager, 802.11 5G AN mode selected, but win10 keeps loading 802.11b thus limiting the...
  6. Win10 USB network adapter will only connect at 802.11b, adapter is 802.11an

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Won't connect to internet, won't show available networks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Won't connect to internet, won't show available networks: I've had this problem occur periodically in the past two months or so: I open my computer, try to go online, and it says it can't connect to the internet. I click on "Available Networks" to try and manually connect, but it won't even show any. All I get is this: [ATTACH]...
  8. network adapter not connected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    network adapter not connected: how do you connect hardware/drivers to computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-adapter-not-connected/f8ef59ab-3645-414a-9823-27ce6e11a2cf
  9. no network connection but connected to internet

no network connection but connected to internet: Windows 10 Home Version 1803 I recently changed my ISP. Now I'm connected to the internet, but Microsoft apps/app store/updates and such say I'm not connected. I've searched the forums and tried every fix I can find. I've reset the network adapter and tried updating the...
  10. My computer won't connect to internet. No network adapter?

My computer won't connect to internet. No network adapter?: "Install a driver for your network adapter Windows did not detect a properly installed network adapter. If you have a network adapter, you will need to re-install the driver." I have no idea how to do that. If anyone has info about it, please let me know! (By the way,...