Windows 10: win10 New Notifications icon not working any ideas ?

Discus and support win10 New Notifications icon not working any ideas ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello folks..when i click on certain icons in this win10 they dont work.. for example my New notifications icon next to my clock. i click it and cursor... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by schuey, Aug 7, 2015.

1. schuey Win User

win10 New Notifications icon not working any ideas ?

Hello folks..when i click on certain icons in this win10 they dont work.. for example my New notifications icon next to my clock. i click it and cursor spins but nothing and it says, i have new notifications.. also i went to shut down my pc and click shutdown like 6 times it never shut down. it honestly didnt do anything, i had to hard reboot my machine . anything i could post to see if something else is preventing them from working or this is just part of the new os growing pains ? unless theres another way to look at notifications.. UPDATED Let me add to this.. now the start button isnt working either .. i have basically a paper weight at this point and i just rebooted to try to fix it //

Thanks,

:)

schuey, Aug 7, 2015
  2. Pavel A Win User

What setting can prevent all toast notifications from showing up automatically?

I have two machines with Win10 1709 x64 (different sequences of updates).

One of them never pops up the Action Center or toast notifications when new notifications arrive. Only the badge on the taskbar AC icon indicates that notifications are waiting.

On other machine, notifications work as they should.

I cannot find any control panel setting that affects this.

Any ideas? How to make toasts to pop up? If there's a way to make the AC to expand automatically, it's acceptable too.

-- pa

Pavel A, Aug 7, 2015
  3. 8Ball01 Win User
    Notifications No Longer Showing up in the Action Center Notification List

Hello,

I have the Production Release of Windows 10. When I upgraded yesterday the Action Center, with regards to notifications, was working fine. Today the icon changes from dark to light to indicate new notifications (and if the cursor is hovered over the icon
    it will say there are new notifications) but when I click on the icon it opens to a blank list and says "No New Notifications". The icon will then "go dark". This has happened all day today; icon says there's new notifications, list is blank, wash... rinse...
    repeat. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Nick

8Ball01, Aug 7, 2015
Thema:

win10 New Notifications icon not working any ideas ?

1. win10 New Notifications icon not working any ideas ? - Similar Threads - win10 Notifications icon

2. any ideas

in Windows 10 Gaming
    any ideas: and still nothing but it seems to work with my phone’s hotspot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/any-ideas/cf4d3957-9805-4919-bc0a-de57203282b2
  3. any ideas

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    any ideas: and still nothing but it seems to work with my phone’s hotspot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/any-ideas/cf4d3957-9805-4919-bc0a-de57203282b2
  4. Icons not showing in taskbar or notification area. Any idea what happened here?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Icons not showing in taskbar or notification area. Any idea what happened here?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/outtathere_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/vh9l4r/icons_not_showing_in_taskbar_or_notification_area/
  5. Discord app notifications for overlay in-game not working, any ideas?

Discord app notifications for overlay in-game not working, any ideas?: Asked this already in the past on /r/discord and a few other reddits, so I'm wondering if this is perhaps due to something BDO-related since nobody is able to help me out yet, but for the life of me I cannot get discord (the windows app) overlay notifications to work for me....
  6. Win10 security notification icon

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Win10 security notification icon: I have the subject shield icon "on." It seems it always appears in my taskbar, whether or not any action is needed. I've been noticing a check mark in its corner. I'm guessing that the check mark disappears when action is needed. Is my guess correct?...
  7. Notification Area Icons - not showing any icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Notification Area Icons - not showing any icons: [img] [img] [img] I tried some .bat files from this forum, but nothing changed Windows 10 version: 190318 Please help me to solve this...thanks 151929
  8. Any idea what this icon is?

Any idea what this icon is?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Speedy_Panda [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ds1ypg/any_idea_what_this_icon_is/
  9. Notifications icon shows 1 but there are no new notifications.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Notifications icon shows 1 but there are no new notifications.: [IMG] This has been bugging me for a few months now, I have searched a few times but haven't found a fix for these false notifications. Restarting seems to get rid of them but it soon comes back again, can we please get a fix for this....
  10. No icons in any new Win10 user account

in Windows 10 Support
    No icons in any new Win10 user account: I added another account to Windows 10 today (Version 1607 Build 14393.321) and there are NO icons on the desktop or in any folders. Task bar and notification area icons are fine. Right-click context selection icons are fine. This started when previously, I had an account...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win10 Notifications No Longer Showing up in the Action Center