Windows 10: WIN10 No Longer Remembers SubWindow Size

Discus and support WIN10 No Longer Remembers SubWindow Size in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Example... using E:\Download\Birds in earlier Win 10, I could open both Download and Birds to the same configuration. After Win 10's massive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Florida Rene, Dec 18, 2015.

1. WIN10 No Longer Remembers SubWindow Size

Example...
    using E:\Download\Birds in earlier Win 10, I could open both Download and Birds to the same configuration.

After Win 10's massive update, going from E:\ to \Download sometimes gets that folder right, but then going to \Birds never does. I've changed the specification under View to apply to all folders. But that doesn't work either.

Anyone with any bright ideas?

And how do I get rid of that stupid Picture Tools on the Title Bar?

:)

Florida Rene, Dec 18, 2015
  2. Erika Aro Win User

Navigation pane no longer remembers expanded folders

Hi Tim,

The behavior of the navigation pane depends on what the update adds, removes, and changes on the computer. Does this happen in a specific update that rolls out? You can try switching your default save location by following the steps on this
    link. Additionally, we encourage you to send this to us a feedback using the Feedback Hub.

We'll gather additional details and information about your concern that will help determine the cause and address it. The feedback items regularly receive Microsoft responses to see what we're doing about your submission. Revisit frequently for status updates.

For more information on Feedback Hub, see our support
    article
    and YouTube video. In order to submit a new feedback, please
    follow the steps below:

• Type Feedback Hub in the Cortana search and press Enter.
    • Navigate to Feedback in the left menu, click + Add new feedback tab.
    • Select the Problem, and share the details you want to us to know, and choose the appropriate category and subcategory.

Note: Reproduce your concern if possible while is monitoring is enabled. To do this, click Begin monitoring or Start Capture to start recording and Stop monitoring when
      you’re done.
    • Once you've completed the form and monitoring, click Submit.
    • Click My feedback at the top, then find the item you submitted.
    • Open the item you submitted, then click Share.
    • Click Copy link, then paste the link here in your response (It will look like https://aka.ms/<unique link>).

Post back anytime at your convenience.

Erika Aro, Dec 18, 2015
  3. TimField Win User
    Navigation pane no longer remembers expanded folders

Ever since one of the 10th of the month Windows 10 updates earlier this year, "Save" and "Insert" and similar windows don't remember anything about what folders I had previously expanded in the navigation pane on the left.

After every start up, I'm back to square one in an almost random way. Instead of remembering the last file I saved an item to was the "Current" subfolder in my "Pictures" folder, the default might be "Desktop." Weird.

I called tech support several months ago as soon as I noticed this, but the "tech" I talked with didn't know what the "navigation pane" is or what "expansion" is; he didn't have any idea what I was talking about, so I've given up
    on this until I'm asking again now. Is there a Windows setting I've missed? Or why is this?

TimField, Dec 18, 2015
Thema:

WIN10 No Longer Remembers SubWindow Size

1. WIN10 No Longer Remembers SubWindow Size - Similar Threads - WIN10 Longer Remembers

2. Remembering Window Size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remembering Window Size: I've noticed certain "built-in" apps - the Win+Shift+S Snipping Tool, Windows Explorer are two examples - that don't remember that I like them Maximized.Most Office Programs and most software, I can right-click when it's in the bottom toolbar, select "Properties", and then...
  3. Remembering Window Size

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remembering Window Size: I've noticed certain "built-in" apps - the Win+Shift+S Snipping Tool, Windows Explorer are two examples - that don't remember that I like them Maximized.Most Office Programs and most software, I can right-click when it's in the bottom toolbar, select "Properties", and then...
  4. Windows 7 - Subwindows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 - Subwindows: Hi, I am still using Windows 10. I have a question. Why the subwindows have the basic theme if the primary windows have Aero? This does the same in Windows Vista, 8, 8.1, 10 and 11....
  5. Windows 7 - Subwindows

Windows 7 - Subwindows: Hi, I am still using Windows 10. I have a question. Why the subwindows have the basic theme if the primary windows have Aero? This does the same in Windows Vista, 8, 8.1, 10 and 11....
  6. Win10 update size.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win10 update size.: Hi Folks, is there any way I can see the size of the updates before starting to download or during download? 154327
  7. ShellfolderFix not remembering windows size/position

ShellfolderFix not remembering windows size/position: Recently started having problems with the fantastic little utility written by a member of the Windows 7 forums, whom I'm hoping now frequents these forums too. For some reason, shellfolderfix 1.1.15 is no longer remembering windows sizes/positions. I've removed it, deleted...
  8. Quick Access Subwindow

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick Access Subwindow: Does anyone know why the Quick Access bar is always scrolled down to the bottom when you open a window? It is incredibly annoying. See picture. Thank you! Anyone know how to fix it?[ATTACH]...
  9. Remember Window Size

in Browsers and Email
    Remember Window Size: Is there no way to remember a window size with Windows 10? I remember in previous versions you could set the window size and position. When I open Chrome, generally the first session will open (usually) correctly. Sometimes I have to slide the title bar off the screen in...
  10. Win10 Does Not Remember Window Sizes on Reboot or Restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 Does Not Remember Window Sizes on Reboot or Restart: After latest Win10 updates, it does not remember the sizes or locations of windows that I intentionally left open when shutting down or restarting. Does anyone know how this non-techie can make it remember? 68231