Windows 10: Win10 not asking for admin permissions and locking files in read-only.

Discus and support Win10 not asking for admin permissions and locking files in read-only. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Installing update for warframe, when it tell's me "missing file permissions" Look around and Win 10 is locking my folders in read-only. Try to change... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DarkLordRuined, Jul 18, 2017.

1. Win10 not asking for admin permissions and locking files in read-only.

Installing update for warframe, when it tell's me "missing file permissions" Look around and Win 10 is locking my folders in read-only. Try to change that and it says I need admin privileges. I click continue and the admin verification don't pop up. It does when I install games but not to make games playable or update-able. It has happened on other games, and when Steam was in another location. Restarting used to fix it temporarily but has stopped as of late. Any ideas why WIN 10 is messing with files and preventing me changing them, even as an admin. And i did change the security options like people said. No luck.

:)

DarkLordRuined, Jul 18, 2017

2. Cannot edit and save photos in win 10

Cannot save edited pictures on MS OIS or Elements 9. It says cannot overwrite because it is in a Read Only Folder( The file is not Read Only). I recently upgraded to win10 from win7. also needs admin. permission. I'm the only user and I am the admin.

dickwright, Jul 18, 2017
  3. Hiramaky Win User
    Slow login and Start Menu not responding

Quick amendment: it seems whenever I try to move any files it asks for admin permission. This worries me.

Additionally right clicking on users to check permissions locks up Explorer and leaves it unresponsive.

Hiramaky, Jul 18, 2017
Thema:

Win10 not asking for admin permissions and locking files in read-only.

1. Win10 not asking for admin permissions and locking files in read-only. - Similar Threads - Win10 asking admin

2. No prompt for "File is locked" and opens in read only

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No prompt for "File is locked" and opens in read only: Odd one. Can find plenty of solutions for files that are coming up as locked for no reason, but when opening files there is no prompt for "this file is locked by user xxxxxx" Users are not getting prompted to say who has a file open! Its causing issues.HELP!!!Thanks :...
  3. No prompt for "File is locked" and opens in read only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No prompt for "File is locked" and opens in read only: Odd one. Can find plenty of solutions for files that are coming up as locked for no reason, but when opening files there is no prompt for "this file is locked by user xxxxxx" Users are not getting prompted to say who has a file open! Its causing issues.HELP!!!Thanks :...
  4. No prompt for "File is locked" and opens in read only

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Asking admin permission even for Desktop files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asking admin permission even for Desktop files: Hi All,I am logged in as jashobanta-hewl\jasho and I have the admin access available. However, when I try to say update any file created in desktop or any user directory like Documents, it says "You need permissions from jasho". I am not able to edit or modify any files...
  6. Asking admin permission even for Desktop files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Asking admin permission even for Desktop files: Hi All,I am logged in as jashobanta-hewl\jasho and I have the admin access available. However, when I try to say update any file created in desktop or any user directory like Documents, it says "You need permissions from jasho". I am not able to edit or modify any files...
  7. Permission in changing read only

Permission in changing read only: So, I just got xbox game pass and I want to install a mod in one of the games, but the directory of the game is in WindowsApps. Because of this, I have gone through and changed ownership permission so my user account has full control over all files and folders in WindowsApps....
  8. Continually being asked for Admin permission in Win10 online account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Continually being asked for Admin permission in Win10 online account: Hi, I have just set up a new Win10 laptop, and signed in with my Microsoft Hotmail account. I am set up as an administrator. However, every time I copy files, or start up a program I am asked for admin permission to complete the task. This is a bit annoying but not a...
  9. Unable to Change Permissions Locked out of Admin Permissions

Unable to Change Permissions Locked out of Admin Permissions: Hi, So my problem is on the windows C: properties I'm locked out of editing permissions. The permissions I have ticked our Read & execute List Folder contents Read All other permissions are un ticked. All the solutions I've seen have said just click Edit to change...
  10. Read-only file permissions forced in Windows 10

Read-only file permissions forced in Windows 10: My C: drive is a SSD and my main data drive is D: and is a 1 TB disk drive. Windows 10 forces read-only permissions on the folders in my D: drive, and I cannot change that. What the heck is going on, and how do I turn my data drive into a useful storage locations?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows not asking for permissions