Windows 10: win10 not responding & loading issues

Discus and support win10 not responding & loading issues in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hey, i'm new here (literally just found this site on google, haha...), so first off, sorry if im doing something wrong in terms of site usage. i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Foxwells, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Foxwells Win User

win10 not responding & loading issues

hey, i'm new here (literally just found this site on google, haha...), so first off, sorry if im doing something wrong in terms of site usage. i normally wouldnt come to sites like this, but im getting a bit desperate. im a bit noobish with windows 10, so if you need me to check stuff/get info/etc, please explain how to do it.

so i guess i'll just go right into what's wrong. windows 10 is continually not responding. i prefer to use that term over freezing, because it acts like a program that isn't responding-- i can still move my mouse around and such, but attempting to interact with the program goes no where. "windows 10" in this case refers to the taskbar and everything attached to it and all of my programs i have open. i dont know about the desktop; i usually have chrome open and fully expanded, and i cant minimize it when this happens...

i dont quite know how the issue is triggered. i'll be going about my normal business and it'll suddenly just lock up. i've noticed that it does seem to happen more if i have chrome open. when win10 starts not responding, it sometimes comes back (though it can take a good 10+ minutes). other times, i give up and just turn off the laptop via the power button.

which brings me to the other half of this problem: booting up my computer. it used to be really fast, but now, it's suddenly taking a really, really long time. specifically, my computer shows me a screen which has the logo for "dell". this loads up fine. it then shows me the windows logo and a loading circle beneath it: this part takes a very long time, if it loads at all. i often have to do 2-3 reboots and get a repair menu just to be able to get to the login screen.

the login screen also takes a long time. once i advance past the windows logo & circle menu, my screen will go black. if i move my mouse, it shows up. attempting to type or otherwise interact with the screen does nothing. after a while, either the login page (or rather, the picture they show that you have to click on to sign in), or i get another loading screen (red coloured-- presumably pulled from my computer's theme --with a circle of dots) that will eventually load the login page.

once in, i often get the not responding issue i mentioned above.

this issue has been going on for a few days (since nov 15 if i had to guess, but i have lost my sense of date and time, so that may not be completely correct). im not aware of any updates done before this all started. i was just using my computer as normal when windows 10 suddenly started not responding.

some misc notes you might want:

• my windows version is 10586.11
    • i say computer out of habit, but its actually a laptop. it's a dell.
    • i upgraded to win10 back in september
    • my computer is only nearing a couple of years old and has not presented issues like this in the past
    • win10 is up to date with the latest updates.
    • i do not have a virus. i did a full scan with the free version of avast, and the only "infected" file was just a program that isn't well known-- no one else with the program has this issue and we all got the program from the same location, so its definitely not that.
    • i tried to use ccleaner to see if that would help. it didnt.
    • sfc /scannow did not help
    • i dont usually have a lot of programs/internet tabs open
    • when chrome is open, my computer seems to not respond more often. however, it has shown capable of being fine for several hours with chrome open, so it may just be that i think it does because i practically always have chrome open and my computer just so happens to not pitch a fit when i close it for a bit.

im sure you probably need info related to what versions of stuff i have, but i dont know how to get them or what in specific you'll need, so please tell me if you do.

:)

Foxwells, Nov 19, 2015

2. win 10 upgrade no internet

I would like to thank dave on windows ten forum site as he had same issues as me quote:

had what seems to be a common issue after upgrading from Win 7 to Win 10, where the PC (desktop) could not see the network/router. I do not have any VPN client installed and it was not a WiFi issue so most of the post going around were not helpful.

I did notice that the upgrade had "disabled" my install of Zone Alarm Pro firewall, it seemed to have just randomly stuffed about with it by deleting the exe file but leaving all the folders etc in the programs folder.

So, I found a post on a Lenovo forum that pointed to a MS article that said to check for third party network services:

After seeing above I checked and found same syptoms removed all traces of zonealarm in win 7 then re installed win 10 again this morning and it works so delete zonealarm before upgrading and save 20 hours of pulling hair
    out

win10 issues, Nov 19, 2015
  3. win 10 upgrade no internet

Thanks for reply done all this twice and have now re installed win 10 for the 3rd time after returning to win 7 ultimate and no issues with internet / driver . Even downloaded the new win 10 drive from realtek. still no good when up loaded

Network is realtek PCle GBE family controller.

as soon as I reload win 10 there is no internet connect. I get this error windows could not automatically bind the IP protocol stack to network.

I have also removed programmes which Microsoft state might have caused problem, but still got this problem.

win10 issues, Nov 19, 2015
  4. win10 not responding & loading issues

Hi 2 questons
    1 Have you updated your drivers
    2 Have you run sfc /scannow
    note the space between the c and the /
    Post back once you have done that

hTconeM9user, Nov 19, 2015
  5. davidhk Win User
    Are you still on Windows 10 104565 or 10576 ?
    Have you upgraded to the current threshold 2 10586 ?

quote " this issue has been going on for a few days (since nov 15 if i had to guess........"

Do a system restore. Pick a date BEFORE Nov 15th as your restore point.
    System Restore Windows 10

IF all attempts fail to solve the problem, run a Reset option.
    Left click at Start button > left side, click Settings > select Update and Security > left side, click Recovery > right side, under Reset this PC, click the get Started button.

davidhk, Nov 19, 2015
  6. Foxwells Win User
    1. im... not sure how to do that, but my computer doesn't say i need any updates (as checked in the system & security menu), so i would assume that they're updated. if its worth noting, earlier i did do an update which installed some new drivers, so i would assume that existing ones would've been updated in the process if needed... but im not sure how it works. but anyways. if you mean something else, please explain.

2. had no idea that was even a thing. @__@ yes, i did it. it said "windows resource protection did not find any integrity violations".

i literally have no idea what those first two questions mean... but i'll try the system restore thing.

Foxwells, Nov 19, 2015
  7. davidhk Win User
    OK. Right click at the Start button > select Run from the popup box > in the box, type winver > click OK

The next window will show you which Windows 10 version do you have. See screenshot below............
    Note : the description inside the red box tells you which Win 10 version you have.

win10 not responding & loading issues [​IMG]

davidhk, Nov 19, 2015
  8. Foxwells Win User

Update on the system restore thing: I don't seem to have an option to do it any date before earlier today... I followed the tutorial, but it's giving me this: Screenshot

Also it says my version is 10586.11

Foxwells, Nov 19, 2015
  9. davidhk Win User
    That was why I started asking which Windows version do you have.
    You have the latest version.

The reason you do not see any restore points except today's date is because you never create any restore point manually.
    In this case, system restore option is out of the question.

Please do the Reset option and see if that will solve the issues.

davidhk, Nov 19, 2015
  10. Foxwells Win User
    is there anything i can do besides resetting my pc? i would prefer not to lose all my files and programs...

Foxwells, Nov 19, 2015
  11. davidhk Win User
    I am sure there is. There are many members in this forum who have far more superior knowledge. They should be able to help you without using the Reset option.

I have only one suggestion :
    If you have created a bootable Windows 10 10586 media ( DVD or USB ), you can use it to do a Repair.
    If you don't have a bootable media created, use the link below to download the Media Creation Tool.
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/softw...load/windows10
    after downloaded, run the Tool and select Create installation media for another PC.
    That will begin downloading the Win 10 ISO to your computer.
    Burn the ISO to a bootable DVD or USB and use the media to do a Repair.

davidhk, Nov 19, 2015
  12. Hi!
    Before resetting the PC try this:
    In the command prompt, type the command below, and press Enter.
    sfc /scannow

Cluster Head, Nov 19, 2015
  13. Foxwells Win User

i'll look into it. thank you.

this was already done... check like, my second post.

Foxwells, Nov 19, 2015
  14. Foxwells Win User
    i'll see what i can do... it looks like it requires things i dont have, but i'll check. thank you.

Foxwells, Nov 19, 2015
Thema:

1. win10 not responding & loading issues - Similar Threads - win10 responding loading

2. Computer not responding/not loading.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer not responding/not loading.: It’s been a couple days now and my computer will not respond/load applications or programs. When I boot up my computer it appears fine, but when I sign in, I cannot access or use anything except for my file explorer. Although I cannot load any files. I cannot restart or...
  3. Computer not responding/not loading.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer not responding/not loading.: It’s been a couple days now and my computer will not respond/load applications or programs. When I boot up my computer it appears fine, but when I sign in, I cannot access or use anything except for my file explorer. Although I cannot load any files. I cannot restart or...
  4. Computer not responding/not loading.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Win10 this pc not responding

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win10 this pc not responding: unable to access this pc from explorer, shown as not responding. The only one frozen is explorer. Anything else can still running without any issue. I'm still able to access all drives including C: and folders and files. The explorer will back to normal after about 10...
  6. Win10 this pc not responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 this pc not responding: unable to access this pc from explorer, shown as not responding. The only one frozen is explorer. Anything else can still running without any issue. I'm still able to access all drives including C: and folders and files. The explorer will back to normal after about 10...
  7. Win10 this pc not responding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. LOADS of issues after Win10 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    LOADS of issues after Win10 update: I have two accounts on my laptop and normally use a school designated one without administrative privileges. The otheradmin account isn't used but is there just in case I need to log in and download/update/whatever. After the latest series of Windows 10 updates Sept 2020, I...
  9. Not responding issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Not responding issue: hi, I've been using XP, windows 7,8,8.1 and 10 for the past 8 years. With each OS, I have been getting the same message of "not responding" I am so sick of it that i feel like leaving windows all together. I can not figure out what is causing it. I have not used much...
  10. win10 will not load

in Windows 10 Support
    win10 will not load: I have had no problems with win10 for 3 months, then 3 days ago I could not get to the start page, I can only go to "desktop" I can use some of the apps on the taskbar, but the internet is disconnected, but under "wifi" I am connected to the router? I was on the chat line...