Windows 10: Win10 Outlook email link to browser

Discus and support Win10 Outlook email link to browser in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Every time i open an email and then click a link to go to a website Windows 10 pops up a question of which browser i want to use for that link. I... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Calabria, Aug 9, 2015.

1. Calabria Win User

Win10 Outlook email link to browser

Every time i open an email and then click a link to go to a website Windows 10 pops up a question of which browser i want to use for that link. I select the Always use this app option but it asks every time. I have set Chrome as my default browser but it still asks this question every time. How can this pop up stop asking?

Win10 Outlook email link to browser [​IMG]

:)

Calabria, Aug 9, 2015

2. How do I change the "From" Address in the Windows 10 Mail app?

Hi JB,

Yes, my Gmail and Outlook email accounts are linked; my Gmail messages are forwarded to my Outlook, all managed using the Win10 Mail app. With Outlook.com browser and the Win8.1 Mail app, I was able to choose which email account I would like to send the
    email from, by clicking the drop-down button located right by the email address. I can't do this with the Win10 Mail app, no matter if I'm writing a New Email or responding; the button is not there and I can't seem to find it anywhere.

P.Morley L, Aug 9, 2015
  3. Send Link By Email not working - IE - but NOT greyed out

So running Win10, and using Outlook 2016 as default Email program , from IE (ver 11) , you can actually click on the 'send link by email' option from the toolbar, but nothing happens.

There's been plenty of questions on here regarding it being 'greyed out', but not mine - it's still showing as an active command.

I've been through all the suggested fixes - set default email program to Outlook, disabled all browser extensions, even reset IE - but still the same.

Any ideas ?

RodWalmsley, Aug 9, 2015
  4. PJLLB Win User

This is a bug that is discussed in another thread about the same issue for IE.

PJLLB, Aug 17, 2015
Thema:

1. Win10 Outlook email link to browser - Similar Threads - Win10 Outlook email

2. Links will not open in email. Outlook 2007

in Windows 10 Customization
    Links will not open in email. Outlook 2007: Hi! I am lost. I have looked all over the web and tried the repairs for this problem but I have come to no avail. I cannot open links from my email. I have edge as my default browser. I am using outlook 2007 and I have the latest updates. I have tried using firefox as my...
  3. Browser link in Emails

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Browser link in Emails: Email links are becoming a major problem, through viruses and phishing. Why on earth hasn't Microsoft produced a simple switch to stop an email link opening a browser. I understand that outlook can do it, but we don't all have that, but we almost all have some version of...
  4. Outlook 2013. Following Win10 update, can't access link in email

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Outlook 2013. Following Win10 update, can't access link in email: Can't click to open a link in an email. Message is 'your organisation's policies are preventing us from completing this action' https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-2013-following-win10-update-cant-access/07479c73-fccd-4179-9db5-f947e88087f8
  5. Win10 1809 link to email account via Outlook will not open a web view

in Browsers and Email
    Win10 1809 link to email account via Outlook will not open a web view: I am running Win10 Pro 1809, outlook 2010 for emails. When I go to my service provider's email server by clicking on the email login, it no longer automatically opens a web view of my emails on the server which it used to, until I switch to the "Standard" HTML mode. This...
  6. Win10 1809 link to email account via Outlook will not open a web view

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 1809 link to email account via Outlook will not open a web view: I am running Win10 Pro 1809, outlook 2010 for emails. When I go to my service provider's email server by clicking on the email login, it no longer automatically opens a web view of my emails on the server which it used to, until I switch to the "Standard" HTML mode. This...
  7. Email Links on the web (in Chrome) will not open emails in Outlook.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Email Links on the web (in Chrome) will not open emails in Outlook.: First - I am a very NON-TECHNICAL user. But I have been frustrated because when I am on a website and it gives me an option to CLICK HERE to email someone, the link won't open my Outlook email (or any email). I gave checked my WIndows Settings Defaulkt Apps and it shows...
  8. email link browser selection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    email link browser selection: When I click on a link within an email message, I receive a screen asking which program to open the said link. I choose Internet Explorer and check the box to always use this program. IE is my default browser but this continues to pop up when I click on a link within any...
  9. emailing links

in Browsers and Email
    emailing links: When I try to add a You Tube link to an email it says "We couldn't add your attachments. Please try again." 112071
  10. Outlook 2013 and email links...

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2013 and email links...: This is my home system and I am admin on this PC; the standard user account that uses Outlook has no admin access... Clicking on a link in Outlook email pops up this window: [img] It's been going on for awhile, not sure when it started and got used of it, but its time...