Windows 10: Win10 Outlook email link to browser

Discus and support Win10 Outlook email link to browser in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Every time i open an email and then click a link to go to a website Windows 10 pops up a question of which browser i want to use for that link. I... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Calabria, Aug 9, 2015.

1. Calabria Win User

Win10 Outlook email link to browser

Every time i open an email and then click a link to go to a website Windows 10 pops up a question of which browser i want to use for that link. I select the Always use this app option but it asks every time. I have set Chrome as my default browser but it still asks this question every time. How can this pop up stop asking?

Win10 Outlook email link to browser [​IMG]

:)

Calabria, Aug 9, 2015

2. How do I change the "From" Address in the Windows 10 Mail app?

Hi JB,

Yes, my Gmail and Outlook email accounts are linked; my Gmail messages are forwarded to my Outlook, all managed using the Win10 Mail app. With Outlook.com browser and the Win8.1 Mail app, I was able to choose which email account I would like to send the
    email from, by clicking the drop-down button located right by the email address. I can't do this with the Win10 Mail app, no matter if I'm writing a New Email or responding; the button is not there and I can't seem to find it anywhere.

P.Morley L, Aug 9, 2015
  3. Send Link By Email not working - IE - but NOT greyed out

So running Win10, and using Outlook 2016 as default Email program , from IE (ver 11) , you can actually click on the 'send link by email' option from the toolbar, but nothing happens.

There's been plenty of questions on here regarding it being 'greyed out', but not mine - it's still showing as an active command.

I've been through all the suggested fixes - set default email program to Outlook, disabled all browser extensions, even reset IE - but still the same.

Any ideas ?

RodWalmsley, Aug 9, 2015
  4. PJLLB Win User

This is a bug that is discussed in another thread about the same issue for IE.

PJLLB, Aug 17, 2015
Thema:

1. Win10 Outlook email link to browser - Similar Threads - Win10 Outlook email

2. Link in internet browser will not open outlook

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Link in internet browser will not open outlook: I'm in Microsoft Edge. I'm clicking on a site that says email us. I get no response when I click on the icon. Outlook should open but it doesn't. Anyhelp is appreciated....
  3. Link in internet browser will not open outlook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Link in internet browser will not open outlook: I'm in Microsoft Edge. I'm clicking on a site that says email us. I get no response when I click on the icon. Outlook should open but it doesn't. Anyhelp is appreciated....
  4. Link in internet browser will not open outlook

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Outlook links to browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Outlook links to browser: After the last update, I can no longer open outlook hyper links to a browser used to be edge.Cannot seem to find a solution in control panel.Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-links-to-browser/eda35a1b-e12a-4232-a907-900b2fbbe3d3
  6. Outlook links to browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook links to browser: After the last update, I can no longer open outlook hyper links to a browser used to be edge.Cannot seem to find a solution in control panel.Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-links-to-browser/eda35a1b-e12a-4232-a907-900b2fbbe3d3
  7. Outlook links to browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Browser link in Emails

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Browser link in Emails: Email links are becoming a major problem, through viruses and phishing. Why on earth hasn't Microsoft produced a simple switch to stop an email link opening a browser. I understand that outlook can do it, but we don't all have that, but we almost all have some version of...
  9. email link browser selection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    email link browser selection: When I click on a link within an email message, I receive a screen asking which program to open the said link. I choose Internet Explorer and check the box to always use this program. IE is my default browser but this continues to pop up when I click on a link within any...
  10. Outlook 2013 and email links...

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2013 and email links...: This is my home system and I am admin on this PC; the standard user account that uses Outlook has no admin access... Clicking on a link in Outlook email pops up this window: [img] It's been going on for awhile, not sure when it started and got used of it, but its time...