Windows 10: Win10 PC Won't load, Can't Login, Flashing Screen

Discus and support Win10 PC Won't load, Can't Login, Flashing Screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Desktop PC with Win10 was working fine until I received the anniversary update. Now, when I load the computer, it will go to the login screen but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by AYC00, Aug 23, 2016.

1. AYC00 Win User

Win10 PC Won't load, Can't Login, Flashing Screen

Desktop PC with Win10 was working fine until I received the anniversary update. Now, when I load the computer, it will go to the login screen but immediately either turn black, or flashing blue screen. No register of any keys, ctrl alt delete, etc. All attempts at repair have been fruitless. I've talked to 4 different reps through support, created multiple ISO bootups on my USB drive for Win10 AND 8.1, could not get them to work. Tried both Custom and Update installs. Custom install yields this message: "We couldn't install Windows in the location you chose. Please check your media drive. Here's more info about what happend: 0x80300024." Startup repair doesn't work. Windows 8.1 CD doesn't work. Sometimes when I load, my ASUS screen will say something like "repairing startup X%" but once at 100%, it just stops there and nothing else happened. I read on these forums it can take awhile so I left it on for 24 hours. Still at 100%, no changes, nothing fixed.

Had my case escalated to a level 2 tech, received the call a little over 2 hours later than the given window. They suggest I format my computer, and do a clean install. That is my last option as I have documents I need on the computer.

I appreciate any input and help anyone can provide. I'm extremely frustrated and exhausted at this entire situation. I'm combed the internet and these forums, tried multiple suggestions and am still at square one. Thank you for taking the time and any and all assistance is welcome!

:)

AYC00, Aug 23, 2016

2. ATi commutable graphics - Screen flicker at startup

Hi!

I can't even see the login screen...

I see the windows logo while windows 10 is loading and after that, black screen for like 10-20 seconds. After that, the blue flashing screen. Whatever I try (CTRL+ALT+DEL, Enter, mouse click whatever) the screen flash. The only time I can see the screen
    is when I unplug power cord. Then, I see the loading before the login screen appear, I log in and everything work fine.

trueno86power, Aug 23, 2016
  3. salkinxd Win User
    Windows 10 Stuck on the Loading Screen.

Hello everyone!

I have a big Problem with my Windows 10 PC. I upgraded my Win7 to Win10 a few weeks ago and now I have a Problem, that I'm stuck on the Startup Boot Loading Screen. White dots are moving and I can't go into the Login screen. I can press CTRL + ALT + DEL
    but I can't do anything useful with it.

salkinxd, Aug 23, 2016
  4. simrick Win User

Hi ACY00 and welcome to Tenforums.

Since this is a desktop, (and not a laptop), I suggest you pull the hard drive out and hook it up to another system with a SATA to USB adapter, to get your files backed up. That is the first order of business.

Example: SATA to USB adapter (this is what they look like)

Then you can look at a clean install and formatting your drive.

Another option would be to buy a new drive, clean install to that, and then use the SATA to USB adapter to copy your files from your old drive to your new drive.

Once that's complete and you're all up and running, you might want to consider putting the old drive in an external case, and use it as a backup, making system images with Macrium Reflect Free, so you don't have to go through this in the future. *Wink

simrick, Aug 24, 2016
  5. bro67 Win User
    A flashing screen is most likely a GPU issue. Have you tried a different monitor or checked to make sure that you have the proper resolution setup? Double check your display adapter properties. It could even be resolved if you can get into Device Manager and uninstall the driver and device then reboot and let Windows reinstall. If that does not work, try a different monitor and Graphics card.

bro67, Aug 24, 2016
  6. AYC00 Win User
    Thanks for your response and suggestions! So you're suspecting it is a hard drive issue? I was thinking that as well, possibly even a MOBO problem, though hopefully not. A friend told me he had similar sounding issues as I did and ended up having to get a new hard drive. Also, thanks for the tip on system image back ups, that sounds like a great idea.

AYC00, Aug 24, 2016
  7. AYC00 Win User
    Thanks for your response and suggestions Bro67. Unfortunately, I did try a different monitor for the desktop and that did not change anything. Both monitors function fine as secondary screens on my laptop as well. The issue is windows won't even reinstall due to the error I posted in the original message. Monitor seems to be fine as I can enter BIOS utility and Windows Recovery.

AYC00, Aug 24, 2016
  8. simrick Win User

I don't know for sure if it's a failing hard drive, but best to get your data backed right away before you do anything else.

You haven't filled in your system specs, so I don't know what kind of system you have, but I'll tell you a little story:

Three days ago, I had someone's HP Ultrabook laptop - wouldn't boot into Windows; gave me a blank light-blue screen. Nothing I did would work. I created several Windows boot media and Macrium Rescue media - of which, the Macrium would boot to the Macrium environment, and that's how I managed to backup the user data without tearing the laptop apart to get to the hard drive. I ran tests on the drive, and memory - everything checked out healthy. I and a friend spent an entire day trying to figure out what the heck was going on!

Finally, I managed to get into the HP Tools environment and elected to perform a factory restore, now that the data was backed up. When looking at the partitions in the Macrium program after the restore, I noticed a second drive of 4GB which was previously unformatted, and now showed formatted as a hibernation partition. This turned out to be a 32GB mSATA (flash memory) which had failed, and was the reason the computer would not boot. Not saying this is your problem though....

simrick, Aug 24, 2016
  9. AYC00 Win User
    Thank you for sharing! I have ordered SATA to USB cable I need so will be backing up asap, then will try formatting and see what happens. For now, I've left the desktop with a local computer tech for diagnosis. I'll report back once the verdict is in. He did say he always checks hard drives first because they tend to give a lot of random issues like the one you experienced so it may very well be the underlying problem.

AYC00, Aug 25, 2016
  10. bro67 Win User
    There is the Windows 10 Refresh ISO. You would run it and it would either do a Clean install as if no OS, or just clear out an existing profile. Try popping out the CMOS battery after unplugging from power. Then go through and check all cards for properly seating, no dust between the fingers on the cards and slots, all cables are firmly plugged in. All it takes is one minor issue to cause bigger ones.

To rule out bad hardware, boot up with a Linux Live DVD like Linux Mint 17.3 LTS.

bro67, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Win10 PC Won't load, Can't Login, Flashing Screen - Similar Threads - Win10 Won't load

2. My pc won't load on black screen with cursor before login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc won't load on black screen with cursor before login: So, yesterday I restarted my pc and all of the sudden I was welcomed by black screen with cursor before login I left it for 2 hours and it was still on a black screen with cursor loading cursorI left it for a day it didn't work. I went into safe mode and it did the same...
  3. My pc won't load on black screen with cursor before login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My pc won't load on black screen with cursor before login: So, yesterday I restarted my pc and all of the sudden I was welcomed by black screen with cursor before login I left it for 2 hours and it was still on a black screen with cursor loading cursorI left it for a day it didn't work. I went into safe mode and it did the same...
  4. Screen Flashing - Can't login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Screen Flashing - Can't login: My screen keeps flashing after an update and won't let me do anything, including powering it off. Computer also won't let me put it in safe mode. Can't click anything, what can I do to resolve this issue?...
  5. Windows 10 won't load the login screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 won't load the login screen: When I turned on my laptop this morning, the login screen was not loading. Instead, it shows the spinning circle in the middle of the screen, and changes from this to a black screen infinitely. I tried the advanced repair settings, but none seem to work; I can't even reset...
  6. Windows 10 won't load the login screen

Windows 10 won't load the login screen: When I turned on my laptop this morning, the login screen was not loading. Instead, it shows the spinning circle in the middle of the screen, and changes from this to a black screen infinitely. I tried the advanced repair settings, but none seem to work; I can't even reset...
  7. Windows 10 won't load the login screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Login Screen Flashing

Login Screen Flashing: Hello! So today i logged in to my computer and i noticed the login screen was flashing black and i tried unplugging my computer but that did not work.So i did not know what happend with this because yesterday i installed a theme onto my computer.Kindness,Divi...
  9. Flashing screen on login.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Flashing screen on login.: So I was playing a game, I exited like normal. I tried to open the start menu, when I did that, the start menu kept closing instantly. Sooo I hit restart, and it kept going and going so I pressed and held the power button. Now when I sign in my desktop flashes the taskbar...
  10. PC boot but won't load to login screen.

PC boot but won't load to login screen.: [IMG]I've been having this problem for a while now looking for ways to fix but I can't find anything to work. This all happened after an AMD update that should have deleted my old drive but it didn't all my resolution was messed up I couldn't play any games or anything and my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 login screen wont load

2. windows 10 screen flashing on login

3. windows 10 flashing login screen

4. drop box log in screen flashing,
  5. windows 10 flashing login screen cant login,
  6. windows 10 logon screen flashing cant login