Windows 10: Win10 PERFECT WORLD--Optimal Environment?

Discus and support Win10 PERFECT WORLD--Optimal Environment? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Ok, so I'm one of the lucky ones. Got the upgrade 12 hours early on the 28th, and unlike the last few Preview Builds, it installed without a hitch. So... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SmartGuyDumbPC, Aug 10, 2015.

1. Win10 PERFECT WORLD--Optimal Environment?

Ok, so I'm one of the lucky ones. Got the upgrade 12 hours early on the 28th, and unlike the last few Preview Builds, it installed without a hitch. So naturally I've spent the last week and a half royally screwing everything up! *Mad At this point it's so far gone that NOTHING is working in the way of a recovery environment. Can't use the Media Creation to "Install to this PC" and have had to get everything going on a DVD from which I'll do a clean install/format/nuke it all.

SO...as long as I'm here...and in light of my recent experiences with the Insider builds, I've learned first we disconnect from the motherboard, absolutely every HDD except the one from which I plan to boot. Check. Disconnect all external USB HDD's. Check. I'm ready. Well wait...not quite! Every time I do this, once I hood up all the drives that have been disconnected, I have to go through a bunch of crap with file ownership. I always install the reg tweak to take ownership but even that doesn't always work. So I've hooked all the drives back up---since I've got owner/admin rights to them all at this stage and would like to know what I should do to make the transition to the next install as smooth as possible as far as the security and permissions are concerned?

Also, should I delete previous $Recycle.bin files from these drive before placing them into the new install?

Lastly....just chime in with anything else you think I might ought to do to end up with the cleanest, easiest, smoothest, most trouble-free install of them all...Any hints are greatly appreciated!!

:)

SmartGuyDumbPC, Aug 10, 2015

2. deleting "recent people contacts" from the people "tile"

In a perfect world, with a perfect partner, there would be no need for concealment of recent contacts. Get real ! The phone isn't for a perfect customer with a perfect relationship.

Lawrence Armour, Aug 10, 2015
  3. lcj9612 Win User
    Optimization not available on SSD after WIN10 upgrade

I upgraded a laptop from WIN7 Home to WIN10. WIN10 recognizes the SSD on the laptop but it will not allow me to optimize it using the optimize tool. The message is "Optimization not available". I checked and TRIM is running. The SSD is a Samsung EVO
    250G drive. Is anyone else having this problem.

lcj9612, Aug 10, 2015
  4. batlhilz Win User

Win10 PERFECT WORLD--Optimal Environment?

id go back to the 7 or 8 that you had as a clean install, then do all the updates and all the stuff you want and then upgrade win 10, after youre running win10, then start to push back your normal and most commonly used applications and software etc.

thats atleast what im gonna do this week

batlhilz, Aug 10, 2015
  5. MickD Win User
    If Win10 was activated after upgrading you now can perform a direct clean install. You can create/burn an ISO bootableUSB or DVD from any pc using the Media Creation Tool. If Win10 was activated after the initial 'upgrade' you can skip the license entry at clean install and it will be auto activated. I had no problems with this method.

MickD, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Win10 PERFECT WORLD--Optimal Environment?

1. Win10 PERFECT WORLD--Optimal Environment? - Similar Threads - Win10 PERFECT WORLD

2. I TRY TO REPLACE MY WORLD IN A REALM AND IT EXPORTS PERFECTLY BUT AT THE MOMENT OF LOADING...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I TRY TO REPLACE MY WORLD IN A REALM AND IT EXPORTS PERFECTLY BUT AT THE MOMENT OF LOADING...: I TRY TO REPLACE MY WORLD IN A REALM AND IT EXPORTS PERFECTLY BUT AT THE MOMENT OF LOADING THE MB WHEN THE UPLOAD IS FINISHED I THINK THE MESSAGE AN ERROR HAS OCCURRED...
  3. I TRY TO REPLACE MY WORLD IN A REALM AND IT EXPORTS PERFECTLY BUT AT THE MOMENT OF LOADING...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I TRY TO REPLACE MY WORLD IN A REALM AND IT EXPORTS PERFECTLY BUT AT THE MOMENT OF LOADING...: I TRY TO REPLACE MY WORLD IN A REALM AND IT EXPORTS PERFECTLY BUT AT THE MOMENT OF LOADING THE MB WHEN THE UPLOAD IS FINISHED I THINK THE MESSAGE AN ERROR HAS OCCURRED...
  4. Minecraft Win10: Can't access worlds for purchased templates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Minecraft Win10: Can't access worlds for purchased templates: All of a sudden, started getting the following error message when trying to log into my Minecraft worlds in Win 10:“this world was created using a template that you have not unlocked"I am logged into the correct account. I purchased these worlds. I can even see my charges...
  5. Unable to Connect to World Minecraft Win10 Edition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to Connect to World Minecraft Win10 Edition: My siblings are trying to connect to my world through xbox live and it wont work. They can connect through LAN, and I/my friends are able to connect to my world through xbox livenot on the same network. My siblings are not able to connect to my world through xbox live while...
  6. Windows Recovery Environment unable to enable Win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Recovery Environment unable to enable Win10: Hello, I've moved my recovery partition away from C: so I can expend it more. I have successfully moved my WinRE.wim to the new recovery partition too, so the REAGENTC.exe can actually set the path to the new partition. But somehow, setting the REAGENTC.exe /enable...
  7. Win10 sees SSD as HDD in the Drive Optimizer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win10 sees SSD as HDD in the Drive Optimizer: I heard that defragmenting an SSD is a bad thing, as there is no benifit to it and it just stresses the Flash. but as it seems the drive optimizer doesn't defrag an SSD, which would be good if it would actually correctly detect an SSD. my System has technically 1 SSD. the...
  8. Real-world practices to optimize Windows 10 update deployments

in Windows 10 News
    Real-world practices to optimize Windows 10 update deployments: Since the initial launch of Windows 10 in 2015, many of you have sought release-over-release efficiencies to ensure that the devices and users in your environments remain protected and productive. Based on discussions with, and feedback received from enterprise customers...
  9. World Of Warcraft BSOD Win10 64bit.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    World Of Warcraft BSOD Win10 64bit.: I've been having a lot of random game crashes, and now BSOD but only when playing world of warcraft. A lot of troubleshooting has been done already, uninstall+ re-install, removing "addons" etc. I have also done extended memory diagnostic tests repeatedly, sfc/scannow,...
  10. Win10 Upgrade or Restore Rights in Business Environment

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win10 Upgrade or Restore Rights in Business Environment: Do Windows 7 or How can I audit the workstations in my environment (on or off a domain) to know if they qualify for a free upgrade to Windows 10? I understand that, generally speaking the following applies: Eligible for free upgrade: Windows 7 Professional, Windows 7...