Windows 10: Win10 PIN login option stoped working for no explainable reason

Discus and support Win10 PIN login option stoped working for no explainable reason in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have a Dell xps 15 laptop with up-to-date Win10. For the second time, but on a different computer, my PIN login option has stopped working for no... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ritchiealtamirano, Jul 20, 2018.

1. Win10 PIN login option stoped working for no explainable reason

I have a Dell xps 15 laptop with up-to-date Win10.

For the second time, but on a different computer, my PIN login option has stopped working for no explainable reason. After waking up from sleep, Win10 refuses to accept my PIN and says that the option is no longer available due to changes to the security system. This is really bad because its not accepting my thumb print either and my password wont work either. I was just using the computer last night and always use my thumb print or pin. I did nothing to the settings in the last few months. What do I do!?

:)

ritchiealtamirano, Jul 20, 2018
  2. SwiperSD Win User

Win10 PIN login option stops working for no explainable reason

I have a Lenovo Y700 laptop with up-to-date Win10.

For the second time in a week or so, my PIN login option has stopped working for no explainable reason. After waking up from sleep, Win10 refuses to accept my PIN and says that the option is no longer available
    due to changes to the security system. I end up having to login with my regular password, delete my PIN settings, and then set it back up again. It's annoying. Anyone know what's going? It never happened before.

SwiperSD, Jul 20, 2018
  3. Win10 PIN login option stops working for no explainable reason

Delete NGC folder and add a new PIN code

Go to C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC.

In NGC folder delete all the files. To do so you must be logged as Administrator.

delete the temp folder within the NGC folder

Now go to Settings > Accounts > Sign-in Options.

Click Add a PIN and add a new PIN code for your account.

Now the PIN login should be working again.

Switch to local account and add a PIN code

Option 2:

try to switch to local account, and the add a PIN code. Here’s how to do that:

Go to Settings > Accounts and locate your account.

Click Sign in with a Local Account instead.

Follow the instructions to set up a local account.

Sign out and sign in with your local account.

Now add a PIN code.

After you’ve added your PIN code you need to locate your account under the Accounts section in Settings.

Choose Sign in with a Microsoft Account instead.

That’s it, PIN login should be working now for your account

Andre Da Costa, Jul 20, 2018
  4. Win10 PIN login option stoped working for no explainable reason

PIN stoped working for no reason

Hi Anturaju,

You can use PIN to add more security to your account. If you forgot your PIN, you can change it by doing the steps below:

• Press Windows + I to open Windows Settings.
    • Click Accounts.
    • Click Sign-in options.
    • Click the link I forgot my PIN to prompt you to another window.
    • Click Continue to start resetting your forgotten PIN.
    • In Set up a PIN window, type your desired PIN in
      New PIN and Confirm PIN.
    • Click OK to finish.
    Please inform us if you have successfully established a new PIN in your account.

Johann Eva, Jul 20, 2018
Thema:

Win10 PIN login option stoped working for no explainable reason

1. Win10 PIN login option stoped working for no explainable reason - Similar Threads - Win10 PIN login

2. Can someone please explain the reason for this

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can someone please explain the reason for this: Now come on the MSN how does my comment NOT meet your guidelines, are you people seriously having a laugh, Talk about gagging normal words. Or is this just me not getting to grips with the English language even though I am 51 years old and pulled an A in English on my GSCE...
  3. Login pin not working

Login pin not working: Login pin not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/login-pin-not-working/f98ca5a4-9b8c-445f-944e-882f6bdd183e
  4. PIN Login not working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    PIN Login not working: Trying to log into windows. It is not accepting my PIN number - and it is not giving me an alternative to put in another password. I cannot find a place to change the PIN without being logged into the machine....
  5. PIN Login not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PIN Login not working: Trying to log into windows. It is not accepting my PIN number - and it is not giving me an alternative to put in another password. I cannot find a place to change the PIN without being logged into the machine....
  6. PIN Login not working

7. Login: no other option but PIN

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Login: no other option but PIN: Hi, I have a laptop in which I've never configured a PIN, I've been using only my microsoft account password to login. Today, I turned my laptop on, only to find that W10 only gave me the choice to login via PIN (even though I've never set one). I can't choose another login...
  8. Win10 Pin Login Option not visible

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Win10 Pin Login Option not visible: I earlier used to use an Acer laptop in which I had upgraded to Win10 from Win7. In that model, I had the option to use a pin to login. I recently bought a new HP laptop with preinstalled Win10. In this device, the option to set up a pin for login is not visible at all. I...
  9. lost option to login with PIN

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    lost option to login with PIN: Hi, with the latest update of version lost the option to login with PIN ... how I can activate again? not appear as before. 6731
  10. Reset win10 login pin

in Windows 10 Support
    Reset win10 login pin: Is it possible to reset the windows 10 login pin if you've forgotten what it was? I managed to get it changed (after *much* trial and error), but it appears to require the old pin to change the pin -- even if you know the password. That's just weird. You should be able to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win10 s your pin is no longer solution

2. win10 program no pin login option