Windows 10: Win10 Pro does not see installed programs on second HD drive?

Discus and support Win10 Pro does not see installed programs on second HD drive? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Got a perfect upgrade from Win7 Pro to Win10 Pro for any programs that were on the boot disk. However any programs that were loaded on a second... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by WPaGuy7, Sep 18, 2015.

1. WPaGuy7 Win User

Win10 Pro does not see installed programs on second HD drive?

Got a perfect upgrade from Win7 Pro to Win10 Pro for any programs that were on the boot disk. However any programs that were loaded on a second (non-bootable) disk were not recognized at all. Is there any way, other than reloading all those programs, to get Win10 Pro to know they are there? I thought this would be caught when the system upgraded but this did not happen. I was trying to keep my boot drive lean and mean. *092 Otherwise I am one happy camper.

:)

WPaGuy7, Sep 18, 2015
  2. newluigi Win User

install error message 0xC1900101 - 0x30018

install error message 0xC1900101, how to find program/app which is the cause

For testing purposes I installed a Win7 Ultimate on a new HD with few essential programs and update to win10 Pro works fine.

But on my working environment with Win7 Ultim, Intel Rapid Storage technology and appr. 40 apps the above failure applies.

I tried to uninstall a few not extensively older (2010-2012) used programs, but not difference at all.

It stops with the error message at 32% during "installing features...".

I had already updated WIN10 Pro from Win7 Ultimate on my different Notebooks without problems.

Thanks for help.

newluigi, Sep 18, 2015
  3. Cannot Duplicate displays after Windows 10 upgrade

Seems that this Problem is not resolved until yet. I have an Asus N76VZ with Intel HD 4000 and Nvidia 650M.

After one of the last Updates of Win10 (now it´s 10.0.16299) no second Screen was possible and I got sometimes Bluescreens (Video_Scheduler_....Error)

After deinstallation of HD 4000 and NVidia Driver with deleting the Drivers and new Installation of HD 4000 10.18.10.4653 and NVidia 23.21.13.8800 I have following situation

• With [Win+p] I see all modes (Single, Duplicate, Expand, Extern)
    • With Displaysettings I see only the modes Single, Expand, Extern
    • The function of Single, Expand, Extern is OK
    • Dublicate is only possible if I deactivate HD 4000. If not deactivated Display is switching in 1024 x 768 mode, but nothing on the second screen

Norwegen60, Sep 18, 2015
  4. edwar Win User

If these program were installed in Windows 7 they should of been carried over to the Win 10 upgrade. If they are portable programs, self contained and no install needed (you just create your own shortcut and or run the .exe file for them) then the shortcuts for them should of also shown up.

What programs are they?

When I did the upgrade every program installed on my system was carried over. 99% of the program I have are installed on my D drive, not the OS system drive.

edwar, Sep 19, 2015
  5. WPaGuy7 Win User
    I have many programs on that D: drive. AutoCad, ImgBurn, Roxio Creator NXT, Nuance Natural Speaking 13 and many others. I just thought (maybe silly of me) that they would all appear in the APPS listings, but they are not there. I will try your suggestion to create a shortcut and see if that works. I was just puzzled. Thanks for answering my question.

WPaGuy7, Sep 19, 2015
  6. WPaGuy7 Win User
    Tried creating shortcuts for AutoCAD and Nuance Naturally Speaking 13 (professional) both told me to reinstall the programs. SO I guess I will have to reinstall all of them again. Not a really big deal, just threw me for a curve.

WPaGuy7, Sep 19, 2015
  7. edwar Win User
    They might not be compatible with Win 10. Don't know for sure, just a guess.

edwar, Sep 19, 2015
  8. WPaGuy7 Win User

Reinstalled AutoCAD and that works fine now. So just reinstalling each as I get time. Win10 Pro does not see installed programs on second HD drive? :) I knew there would be a few things that did not make it in the upgrade, but I am very happy with Win10 Pro.

WPaGuy7, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Win10 Pro does not see installed programs on second HD drive? - Similar Threads - Win10 Pro does

2. Bitlocker fails with second installation of Win10 Pro

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bitlocker fails with second installation of Win10 Pro: I am attempting to set up a separate partition on my SSD for software development. I have Windows 10 Pro and wish to have Bitlocker enabled for all drives. Bitlocker operates properly on my first installation. I successfully installed the second installation of Windows 10 Pro...
  3. "Seeing" and sometimes "Not-Seeing" a secondary HD installed in a PC.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Seeing" and sometimes "Not-Seeing" a secondary HD installed in a PC.: I am having concerns about "Seeing" and sometimes "Not-Seeing" a secondary HD installed in a PC. I have a Lenovo ThinkCentre PC Tower w/ 1TB SSD as the Primary (Used for programs, etc.), then a Secondary Seagate 5TB HD used only for data and syncing of Five (5) One-Drive...
  4. Installing Win10 on SSD only and using HD for other programs.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Installing Win10 on SSD only and using HD for other programs.: I upgraded from Win7 Pro to Win10. I have Win7 Pro product key. I want to install Win10 using ISO on SSD and use SSD to boot only and Dard Drive for other programs. I have downloaded "MediaCreationTool 1809" to create ISO. What proble will I have with Digital Key? Will...
  5. Win10 PRO new installation does not see GeForcce video card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win10 PRO new installation does not see GeForcce video card: Windows 10 Pro v1511 (currently downloading v1809) 64 bit Intel core i5-2500k@3.3ghz Ram 16 GB I have been reworking this tower after the then 1tb hardrive windows installation corrupted and would not boot. It said bad hardware. Ultimately I replaced it with an Asus P8Z68-V...
  6. Win10 1809 second HD D: not recognized.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win10 1809 second HD D: not recognized.: Help. I have a machine that wouldn't update past 1607. I did a clean install of 1809 and seems to run OK. I unplugged my second hard drive D: where I keep all my documents and file during the install. Once I got Win10 1809 up and running and updated I plugged in my second...
  7. Win10 1809 second HD D: not recognized.

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 1809 second HD D: not recognized.: Help. I have a machine that wouldn't update past 1607. I did a clean install of 1809 and seems to run OK. I unplugged my second hard drive D: where I keep all my documents and file during the install. Once I got Win10 1809 up and running and updated I plugged in my second...
  8. Installing program drive from one Win10 pro computer into another

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing program drive from one Win10 pro computer into another: Following up on another question, I have 2 computers, one with a 480gb SSD for the OS (Win10 pro) and programs, and the other, much newer one that is running Win10 Home off a 128gb SSD. I would like to move the 480gb SSD into the newer computer which is running an LGA1156, i3...
  9. win10 64..second drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win10 64..second drive: I just got 2 HP590s with win10-1803. They provide a second sata port and in previous PCs I installed 2 SSD-cloned to second drive-set up EasyBCD and could dual boot with no problem. Now they have UEFI and I can only boot from the second drive if I disconnect the other. I also...
  10. win10 64..second drive

in Windows 10 Support
    win10 64..second drive: I just got 2 HP590s with win10-1803. They provide a second sata port and in previous PCs I installed 2 SSD-cloned to second drive-set up EasyBCD and could dual boot with no problem. Now they have UEFI and I can only boot from the second drive if I disconnect the other. I also...