Windows 10: Win10 Pro intermittently just stops working

Discus and support Win10 Pro intermittently just stops working in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have three machines with Win10 Pro. Two behaving quite well, however one machine ABit IP35 Pro, 256 SSD, 1 TB hard drive, Nvidia 750 ti, 8 GB ram... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by WPaGuy7, Oct 16, 2015.

1. WPaGuy7 Win User

Win10 Pro intermittently just stops working

I have three machines with Win10 Pro. Two behaving quite well, however one machine ABit IP35 Pro, 256 SSD, 1 TB hard drive, Nvidia 750 ti, 8 GB ram just intermittently just hangs up during operation. This is a very fast machine with a quad Intel Processor. I need some help from anyone out there that can help me diagnose what is happening. I am really puzzled. This machine ran perfectly with all of same hardware on Win7 Pro. Any help would be appreciated. You can just move the cursor to send an email and we get the little blue circle and the machine is hung. *Rolleyes It is not program dependant! Same thing can happen working in any browser.

:)

WPaGuy7, Oct 16, 2015

2. Windows10 internet disconnect

Win10 just installed 30 7 16. intermittent internet disconnect.

Solutions please

DixieDeanYB, Oct 16, 2015
  3. 7thSense Win User
    WIFI stops working intermittently

This has been acknowledged and fixed by Microsoft for a future update. The problem has been extensively discussed in this thread:

WP7.5 chooses Data connection over Wifi

7thSense, Oct 16, 2015
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, you could try looking to see what's recorded in the event viewer. (E.g. Win key + X, Event Viewer).
    But there's a lot there... and we don't know what we're looking for.

There are many threads in the forum on 'freeze' 'random freeze' and so on - you may well find some more hints there.

Ideas:
    Basics: run chkdsk on your hard drives.

Safe Mode:
    Check there's no hang in this mode.

Diagnose conflicting startups.
    Try working from a clean boot and doing sthg you've observed hangs. If all is well, allow more programs to run, and try again.
    If still no success, continue by:

Diagnose conflicting shell add-ons.
    Download and install 'shellexview' (freeware).
    Click on options and then tick "Hide all Microsoft Extensions". That should get rid of most. (Pink just means not Microsoft btw).

Then select all, right click and disable. See if the problem is fixed. If so then enable them one by one (or half at a time if you've lots) until you find the one causing the issue.

Driver issues:
    Download and install 'Whocrashed' and run it. See if any driver issues are reported.
    You may find you need to use an earlier version of a driver - e.g. graphics card.

Hardware: perhaps a particular device or card is incompatible. What can you remove?

Good luck!

dalchina, Oct 16, 2015
  5. WPaGuy7 Win User
    Thanks for the leads. I did one thing after the original post and that was to clone my Crucial 256 GB SSD and put that on a Seagate 1 TB 7500 rpm drive (new one I had as a spare), after swapping the drives the problem went away. Takes a few seconds longer to boot up but no other issues. I left all the settings in bios alone (there were two entries for AHCI and I had both one with the SSD). I will look into the programs and methods you mentioned. Sorry but I was waiting a while to see if all was well. It has been a week and a half since I did the swap and all is well. I will report back after getting the utilities that you mentioned and have them on that machine. Thanks much.

WPaGuy7, Oct 24, 2015
  6. WPaGuy7 Win User
    BTW, I forgot to mention there was an update to the Nvidia graphics card. I updated that driver--may also have cured the problem. If all stays stable I may reclone the SSD and stick it back in just for grins. Sure didn't take long before to screw up!! LOL

WPaGuy7, Oct 24, 2015
  7. HungryMan Win User
    I had the same problem few days back and i had to install the windows again and when installing there were other problems like the drive was not formatting and when deleted the drive the BIOS wasn't able to create another drive , then i had to connect the hard drive to another pc and clean it from there and then connect again with mine and install :/ i think i will go back to windows 7 .

HungryMan, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Win10 Pro intermittently just stops working - Similar Threads - Win10 Pro intermittently

2. Just Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Just Stopped Working: After using them with no problems, my wireless printers and wireless plugs are suddenly no longer working from any phone or desktop or laptop. Wondering what happened and how I fix it. Thanks....
  3. Just Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Just Stopped Working: After using them with no problems, my wireless printers and wireless plugs are suddenly no longer working from any phone or desktop or laptop. Wondering what happened and how I fix it. Thanks....
  4. Keyboard and mouse intermittently stop working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard and mouse intermittently stop working: I have an ASUS UX430UAR I purchased in 2018. I'm having issues with the keyboard and mouse randomly bugging. When the problem occurs: neither my wireless keyboard, my laptop's physical keyboard or the windows virtual keyboard function. Also, the problem forces my wireless...
  5. Alt-tab switching intermittently stops working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Alt-tab switching intermittently stops working: Hi All, I have what looks like a weird driver issue with my keyboard. Alt-tab switching intermittently stops working in Windows 10. Sometimes this happens after the computer wakes up from sleep, but sometimes simply after some time has passed. The keyboard keeps working...
  6. Windows 10 keyboard stops working intermittently

Windows 10 keyboard stops working intermittently: It is 2020 and Microsoft keeps copy pasting the same text that helps nobody, I have not found a single response "it helped". ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Method 1: I...
  7. keyboard intermittently stops working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    keyboard intermittently stops working: Can you tell me why the keyboard stops typing just out of the blue. It is very annoying. After we restart the computer, it works fine for awhile. Then back to not working....
  8. Surface book keyboard intermittently stops working

Surface book keyboard intermittently stops working: My surface book keyboard intermittently stops working. I have tried updating and rebooting, cleaning the connectors, charging up the battery, and nothing seems to fix the issue. The only button that always works is the button that allows me to disconnect the surface from the...
  9. Just bought upgrade from win10 home to win10 pro.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Just bought upgrade from win10 home to win10 pro.: Just bought upgrade from win10 home to win10 pro. I followed the directions and reinstalled but now I still have Win10 Home (and a bunch of missing drivers). How do I find my product key to redo the install of Win 10 Pro. I bought from within my Microsoft account that I have...
  10. Mouse left button stops working intermittently

Mouse left button stops working intermittently: I have seen several posts with similar problems, but none of them provide any useful answers. Basically, my left mouse button stops working intermittently. I can "fix" it by double clicking the scroll button, but it soon returns. This is the third mouse I tried so please...