Windows 10: Win10 Redstone Update

Discus and support Win10 Redstone Update in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have my updates set to defer upgrades and I am wondering as to how long would it delay a feature update like the Redstone update? Is there like a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by win10freak, Aug 28, 2016.

1. Win10 Redstone Update

I have my updates set to defer upgrades and I am wondering as to how long would it delay a feature update like the Redstone update?

Is there like a certain timeframe to this by having that setting checked?

And what if I decide I want this Redstone update now?
    Should I then uncheck Defer updates and run the Check for Updates manually?

Thanks

:)

win10freak, Aug 28, 2016
  2. Dal_lu Win User

The permissions of "\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\BCD00000000\Description" is changed in RS1?

I found the permissions for Administrators of "\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\BCD00000000\Description" is changed from "Read" to "Full Control" in Win10 RedStone update. Is this an expected change?

Dal_lu, Aug 28, 2016
  3. after downgrading from win10(insider) to 8.1(denim) i not getting update for win10(insider)

Recently I downgrade my Lumia 920 from win10 insider to windows 8.1 denim. Because of too much battery drain, again I tried getting back to windows insider for win10 Redstone but when i click check update it shows "you're phone is up to date" (selected release
    ring because i know Lumia 920 doesn't support above version than Redstone 1") please give me update quickly, I'm trying this for 3 days.. Thanks you... plz help me I like w10

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

lokesh_803, Aug 28, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

Win10 Redstone Update

It would help if we knew which version of Win10 you are asking about, the RTM/Release to Merchandising/Manufacturing or the Technical Preview/Insider Preview. I have both versions and only my Insider Preview has rs in the build name, believe that stands for Redstone. The TP/IP version is pretty much a BETA or Test version, may have issues in it which is why I have it on a separate computer from my main/production machines.

Berton, Aug 28, 2016
  5. My apologies here, MS has these releases, builds, or whatever VERY confusing for people like me...
    Why cant they just stick with something like Windows 10 SP1, SP2, or SP3 and etc. like they did back in the good old days?

I am referring to the general Redstone final releases. Either Redstone 1 or Redstone 2. Whichever.
    But my general question is, how long does the Defer Upgrade will delay all the new major release upgrades such as Redstone (or any other upgrades). Generally speaking.

And suppose I do want to install Redstone, (Non-Insider Preview), Or the FINAL releases of Redstone, then unchecking Defer Upgrade will install it if I click on Check for Updates manually.

win10freak, Aug 28, 2016
  6. If you want the latest general release 14393.xx .rs1 Windows 10 A.U. (right away) just go to the MS link below and you can just click on update now and download the WU .exe stub and open that and it will download and install the correct Windows 10 A.U. for your PC via W.U.

There are options to download an A.U. ISO file or the MCT with all the options those present on the MS web page or if you want some Back up media or media for another PC if you don't ordinarily save the .ESD from the W.U. download from the > hidden $WINDOWS.~BT >source folder on C:\ instead.

note : do that save before the W.U. re start execution if you want the ESD for media creation otherwise at some point very soon it disappears or gets moved to a hiding place like maybe a recovery partition or something *really

I rolled the AU in this brand new Windows 10 PC in my specs last week on the OEM spindle HDD using the update now button at the link below and it worked fine and triggered the normal A.U. - W.U. install from the downloaded W.U. exe stub .

This 14905.rs W 10 test build OS is on my internal SSD on a dual boot UFEI configuration . I added it in and it's the daily driver as is usual here for test builds .*Smile

link : https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...oad/windows10/

electronuser, Aug 28, 2016
  7. I don't want to reinstall Win10 from the very beginning just because of Redstone.

My question was, if I uncheck Defer Upgrades, and run the Check for Updates manually, will it then download Redstone?

And how long will Defer Upgrades delay upgrades or feature updates?

That's basically what my question is.

Now regarding the Media Creation Tool, when will that have Redstone (final release) included?

win10freak, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Win10 Redstone Update

1. Win10 Redstone Update - Similar Threads - Win10 Redstone Update

2. Recovery drive failed after the redstone 5 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recovery drive failed after the redstone 5 update: I updated my windows on 3rd Oct and was quite happy because I wasn't facing the BSOD problem but it doesn't last 1 week. My system became very slow. It is taking at least 50 sec to open any browser (Chrome, Edge, and Firefox). 5 days back it ran into BSOD, anyhow I recovered...
  3. Several Issues after updating to RedStone 5

in Windows 10 Customization
    Several Issues after updating to RedStone 5: My PC has several issues after I update it to Windows 10's latest RedStone5 update through insider program. They are making my life a hell- Cortana is starting to listen me when I say "Hey Cortana" but cannot respond to what I am saying. [I have already done many tasks...
  4. oct 2018 redstone, 1809 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    oct 2018 redstone, 1809 update: I really don't want to be forced to update, when just 2 days ago there were still major flaws. how can I avoid?just put to sleep, instead of shutting down? thanks...
  5. Updating Win10 to Redstone with BitLocker Enabled?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Updating Win10 to Redstone with BitLocker Enabled?: With the new major release of Windows 10 AU (Redstone) or even the upcoming Redstone 2 update planned somewhere around beginning of 2017, will I have to temporarily disable BitLocker in the process of updating to Redstone? Since this is a major update to Windows 10, can it...
  6. Questions about the planned "Redstone" update roll-out

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Questions about the planned "Redstone" update roll-out: I don't know when MS plans out rolling out the Redstone update, but will Redstone be pushed out from the built-in Windows 10 Updates or will I have to re-download the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool again in order to have the Redstone update installed? Please explain how to...
  7. Project Redstone- the NEXT big (pair of) updates for 2016

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Project Redstone- the NEXT big (pair of) updates for 2016: Hi, the next major update next year will apparently arrive in two phases. Redstone Arrives In Two Waves, June And October 2016 30773
  8. samsung usb monitor incompability with win10 redstone?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    samsung usb monitor incompability with win10 redstone?: yo guys i have a samsung usb LD190G (LS19LFUGF/EN) and it worked just fine with the previous "normal" windows 10 but i recently installed the new aniversary edition, redstone i believe its called and i cant for the life of me to get the monitor working now i tried...
  9. Win10 Redstone and Redstone 1 License Key?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 Redstone and Redstone 1 License Key?: I am still running Win10 Pro (November Update 1511), and I am waiting for Redstone 1 (stable release) to roll out. I think its planned in January of 2017, I am not sure. Anyways, I did a clean install of Win10 Pro version 1511 using by license key for that version from the...
  10. Creators Update Event ID Errors (Redstone 2?)

in Windows 10 Support
    Creators Update Event ID Errors (Redstone 2?): After the ''Creators Update'' (Redstone 2?) noticed in Event Viewer that the tiledatamodelsvc with error 1115 is showing under Event ID Error 10005, whereas it did not log errors prior to this update. Got this from TechNet: ''As for the "Tile Data model server", it is a...