Windows 10: Win10 says I have no network? How to resolve and see map?

Discus and support Win10 says I have no network? How to resolve and see map? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I went to Network & Sharing expecting to get a network map, but Windows 10 says I have no internet connection [img] Attachment 72918 "You are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SOHO1, Apr 2, 2016.

1. SOHO1 Win User

Win10 says I have no network? How to resolve and see map?

I went to Network & Sharing expecting to get a network map, but Windows 10 says I have no internet connection

Win10 says I have no network? How to resolve and see map? [​IMG]

Attachment 72918
    "You are not connected to any networks"
    *Eek How can that be? *Confused

Note, my original network connection was modified by the installation of Hyper-V, in ways I may not fully understand, but the internet works (using it now).

Whilst it would be nice for Windows to report that I have and am using one, it's more important to me that I get a network map.

:)

SOHO1, Apr 2, 2016

2. How to resolve WindowsUpdate_C1900101-20004 error?

My problem is two fold

A) The version of my LenovoT500 will not accept any installation of the Windows10

B) I have tried countless "fixes" from all kinds of communities that were suppose to simply block Win10 from even downloading and or trying to install.

Every time I start my PC the initial Win10 files download and try to install - and every time I turn off my computer it tries to install the update.

SteenskiNo1, Apr 2, 2016
  3. Windows 10 says I have no internet connection although I have got internet connection in non-windows-store apps.

Hi,

Sorry for the delay.

You may follow the steps below and check if it helps;

• Network Troubleshooter
    • Open a CMD window as Administrator:
      • netsh winsock reset
    • Then test to see if the issue is resolved.
    • Try a different network adapter/connection type if possible.
    • Check for Windows Updates
    • Check for drivers for the network adapter
    • Open a CMD window as Administrator:
      • dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
      • sfc /scannow
      • set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1
      • start devmgmt.msc
    • This last command should open Device Manager in a way that will enable us to see previously-connected devices.
      • View, Show Hidden Devices
      • Check the Network adapters category for grayed-out network devices.
      • For any that relate to a physical network adapter, right-click and Uninstall.
      • Also look to see if you have any third-party VPN components in this list. If you do, try uninstalling that software from Programs and Features.
    • Restart at this point and test for resolution.
    • Try in a new user account (the likelihood of us needing to Go Back in this scenario is low, so the risk of losing this is low)
    • Check to be sure the Network Location Awareness service is running.
    • Check the System log for Error and Warning events related to Networking.
    Let us know if you find more information on these issues.

Uttam Yadav, Apr 2, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

The map went away with Windows 8. They found that no one was really using it.

If you have devices on the network, they should show in Devices and Printers if DLNA. If anything else, there are third party tools out there for network admin LAN mapping.

bro67, Apr 3, 2016
  5. bro67 Win User
    Also Hyper-V can screw up your network connections, so you have to be careful.

bro67, Apr 3, 2016
  6. SOHO1 Win User
    So, I cannot get a network map from Windows 10. It's a commonly used Windows feature, somewhat essential, but now deprecated in WIndows 10. Understood.

Upon further review and experimentation, it seems that Windows 10 only "sees" computers when they are part of the same A) Domain or B) Workgroup, but not necessarily Homegroup or none of the above.

SOHO1, May 31, 2016
  7. SOHO1 Win User
    Follow up:

Found when having trouble with shares between Windows 7 and Windows 10 that adding the following key and value resolved not seeing shares:

HKLM>System>CurrentControlSet>Services>NetBT>Parameters>
    DWORD LmhostsTimeout set to (1000 decimal)

SOHO1, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Win10 says I have no network? How to resolve and see map? - Similar Threads - Win10 says network

2. I have mapped

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have mapped: I have a PC and a media server, both using Windows 11. I have the media server as a network location and also as a mapped network drive on the PC. If I click on it, it works absolutely fine without issue. However, if I turn off or restart my PC, the icon gets an X over it and...
  3. How do I see a keyboard character map?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I see a keyboard character map?: I switch default languages from English to French to German, and I can't always remember how to get the special characters on the keyboard when I do so. Is there a way to see a character map for my keyboard when I have changed to a different language keyboard? 182130
  4. my laptop keeps on saying I have a malware problem how do I resolve this

in Windows 10 Customization
    my laptop keeps on saying I have a malware problem how do I resolve this: my laptop keeps on saying I have a malware problem how do I resolve this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-keeps-on-saying-i-have-a-malware-problem/b804a33d-fb98-46c6-b4d9-3649d412d3c1
  5. How do I map to a shared network file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I map to a shared network file: How do I map to a network file if my surface says can't find the netwirk https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-map-to-a-shared-network-file/3e689d21-e7f8-4720-aa8d-ad975a67ca0f"
  6. network mapping

network mapping: How can I see device connections via routers and switches in Win10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-mapping/a0a09ab4-3d73-4824-b9fb-75140cfd7992
  7. map networking

map networking: how do I map network my music folder it says I don't have permission when I set it up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/map-networking/e24cbbc4-1c76-43dc-b225-072d4e0e682e
  8. can't not see the map network drive in computer

can't not see the map network drive in computer: I have the problem with network drive appearing in the computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-not-see-the-map-network-drive-in-computer/83ea0731-2190-4513-9b57-3b9820e1c6b5
  9. Can't see W10 machine in networking view but *can* map a network drive

Can't see W10 machine in networking view but *can* map a network drive: Hello! I've got two Windows 10(home) machines on the same LAN at my house. The NAS machine has a large HDD which I'd like to use a part of to relocate my Google Drive folder to(50GB!). Anyway, I have sharing turned on for the folder on the NAS machine, but that machine does...
  10. have to map network shares but another win10 sees the network fine

have to map network shares but another win10 sees the network fine: can we fix this win 10 pc to simply see network shares. both win 10 pc are plugged into same lan router. Example here are the shares appearing on a win10 pc called boat2pc, that sees the network fine. The other win 10 pc called LRPC sees none of these shares. 97369