Windows 10: Win10. Seagate HDD not seen by Win10.

Discus and support Win10. Seagate HDD not seen by Win10. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have this Seagate SATA HDD that win10 doesn't see. Not anywhere. Device manager, disk management, nowhere. But run Seatools on the computer and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by abrogard, Mar 18, 2018.

1. abrogard Win User

Win10. Seagate HDD not seen by Win10.

I have this Seagate SATA HDD that win10 doesn't see. Not anywhere. Device manager, disk management, nowhere.

But run Seatools on the computer and it sees it okay and gives it a clean bill of health.

Except it doesn't list it as 'ready to test' like it does all the other drives.

I know it is a good drive because I can move it to another win10 computer and it shows up and works fine.

What can I do?

:)

abrogard, Mar 18, 2018
  2. Rafay106 Win User

Blue Screen error (winload.efi missing or contains error)

Hello,

This is my first time asking question here and sorry for bad english.

PC hardware: i5-7400, mb - Gigabyte H270M-D3H, HDDs - 1tb seagate barracuda and 500gb seagate hdd.

At that time i only had seagate 1tb hdd. I dont know why but my 1tb hdd somehow converted to dynamic disk and i cant install win10 in it, all options are disabled format, delete, next, extend etc. I was installing win10 beccause my old win10 got some error
    and cant be loaded and i formated drive C by cmd ( dont know why, i just thought that could enable next button). So i purchased new 500gb hdd and installed win10 successfully on it and backuped all my data from 1tb hdd to 500gb hdd then i deleted all partitions
    of 1tb and converted it to basic disk with gpt partition style. Then i installed win10 on 1tb hdd and when i tried to copy all data from hdd my pc very slowed down and all partitions of 500gb hdd gone from This pc. Then i tried to boot my pc with 500gb hdd
    and it showed winload.efi missing error and 500gb hdd started makeing clicking sound. Then i changed power cable connted to 500gb hdd (which is unable to load win10 and making clicking sound and can't be shown its partitions when i boot from 1tb hdd) and clicking
    sound is gone and then i booted my pc from 1tb hdd and all partitions are accessible by opening This Pc icon. So i copied all data from 500gb hdd to 1tb hdd. Then i thought i should also install win10 correctly in 500gb (which is showing winload.efi missing
    error) and when i did installed win10 in 500gb hdd i can't boot from 1tb hdd now (it is showing same error winload.efi missing).

I was installing win10 in 500gb hdd again bcz if 1tb hdd shows some error or again converts to dynamic disk so i change boot option and boot from 500gb hdd and backup all data from 1tb hdd and i could try to solve error.

And then i tried to install win10 in 1tb hdd again and it always shows some error, after finishing last step of installation and restarting, like winload.efi is missing and sometimes other files also. I have tried 7-8 times to install win10 in 1tb hdd and
    i can't it always endup in showing some error. But i can install and run window from 500gb hdd. I also deleted all partitions of 1tb hdd and created again after copying all data from 1tb hdd to 500gb hdd but nothing happens.

The reasion is C drive is of 50gb only of 500gb hdd and other left size is D drive in which all my data is currently present.

So please guys help me i want to install win10 in 1tb hdd and make it my primary hdd and i want to use 500gb hdd as secondary hdd for backing up etc.

My current conditiong is i am able to run win10 installed in 500gb hdd and i can't install windows in 1tb hdd

Rafay106, Mar 18, 2018
  3. MrXCOM Win User
    2nd Hard Drive not appering in Windows 10

Hi there.

I just finished building my new PC and did a clean Windows 10 install on my 240gb SSD, I loaded windows and noticed that my 2nd 1T HDD is not appearing. I can see that the drive is installed and working in Device Manager and also check and it's posted successfully
    in the Bios. And it also gave me the option to install windows onto in the Win10 install wizard.

Need advice on how to fix this?

---------------------------------------------------------------

i7 4790k

Asus z97-P mobo

240GB Scandisk SSD

1TB HDD Seagate Barracuda

Win10 Home

MrXCOM, Mar 18, 2018
  4. Win10. Seagate HDD not seen by Win10.

This wouldn't be a boot drive out of the other Windows 10 computer (The Win 10 computer that can see the drive.)

If it is please put it back into the Win 10 computer that can see it. Boot, hold the shift key and click shutdown. Then move it and see if you can see it.

Caledon Ken, Mar 18, 2018
  5. abrogard Win User
    No, it is not. It was a data drive on this computer and clearly visible. When it went missing I thought it must have died and took it to another computer to check - found it was clearly alive.

What is a shutdown with the shift key pressed?

I'm in correspondence with ASUS and I'm going to update the BIOS - just a glitch right now where I don't find in BIOS what they're telling me to find.

But I can't see how that'd really be the problem, given it was visible. Unless BIOS allows for SATA ports to come and go of their own accord.

abrogard, Mar 18, 2018
  6. Shift and shutdown does a complete shutdown.

Depending on board some sata ports don't work if you have m.2 drive. Please check documentation.

Caledon Ken, Mar 19, 2018
  7. abrogard Win User
    The board is an ASUS H170 Pro Gamer.

The Seagate HDD is not an M.2 device, I think. It used to work on this machine. For quite some time.

abrogard, Mar 19, 2018
  8. Win10. Seagate HDD not seen by Win10.

Thanks for board number.

Wasn't saying your HDD was an M.2. Was saying if you have an M.2 then in some Asus boards certain Sata ports are disabled.

I assume you tried a different port and cable.

Caledon Ken, Mar 19, 2018
  9. abrogard Win User
    Yep. Shouldn't have posted the question without putting details of board and whatever I guess. Ah well.

Yes, I've tried different cables and different ports. I've been corresponding with ASUS and I'm going to update the BIOS today, I hope. That might help. Mine is version 0703, their latest is something like 3000. Been a lot of updates.

*Smile

abrogard, Mar 19, 2018
  10. Eagle51 Win User
    Hey abrogard,
    Probably a long shot, but when you checked Device Manager did you Show Hidden Devices (View > Show Hidden Devices) to see if that might shed some light on on your missing drive?

Eagle51, Mar 19, 2018
  11. abrogard Win User
    Good thought but I'd already tried that one. Didn't work. Too bad *Sad

abrogard, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Win10. Seagate HDD not seen by Win10.

1. Win10. Seagate HDD not seen by Win10. - Similar Threads - Win10 Seagate HDD

2. Win10 ISO USB IS NOT seen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 ISO USB IS NOT seen?: I work for a local charity and we are gradually going up to Windows 11 on new hardware inorder to meet MS intel processor greater than 8th generation. Quite a cost to us with our 50+ laptops and desktops as a charity. I am now as a volunteer rebuilding them with Win10 before...
  3. Win10 ISO USB IS NOT seen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 ISO USB IS NOT seen?: I work for a local charity and we are gradually going up to Windows 11 on new hardware inorder to meet MS intel processor greater than 8th generation. Quite a cost to us with our 50+ laptops and desktops as a charity. I am now as a volunteer rebuilding them with Win10 before...
  4. Win10 ISO USB IS NOT seen?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Dynamode HDD enclosure not recognised by Win10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dynamode HDD enclosure not recognised by Win10: Hi, Jon here. (First post. Running Win10 Pro X64, version 1909, on a Fujitsu desktop which originally ran Win8 - I wiped/reformatted the HDD and did a clean install of W10 from an official ISO). Several years ago I bought a Dynamode HDD enclosure and I connected a 320Gb HDD...
  6. win10 most fashistoid os ever seen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    win10 most fashistoid os ever seen: If fascism is the ruthless enforcement of group interests, then Microsoft Win10 is the mostly spy-up and private data breeding, user hostile OS ever seen:how to prevent Win10 to collect all Data,Url,Openfiles, collect insyde the Webcache without my personakl NOR user...
  7. Seagate Freeagent HDD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Seagate Freeagent HDD: I have a Seagate Freeagent Desktop HDD that is not being picked up by Windows 10. I have been on to the internet several times looking up options to get over this problem but, as of now, none of these options work. I have bee to the Seagate website but again I have not...
  8. Unable to Install Win10 on New HDD

Unable to Install Win10 on New HDD: I have a Lenova laptop with a new HDD. I had hoped to install Win10Pro from a CD but it runs into a problem and shows the 3 partitions. One has 931GB tot space with 931 avail and 2 other small partitions when I say Next, I get a message saying "could not create a new Part...
  9. Weirdest fucking bug I've seen on Win10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weirdest fucking bug I've seen on Win10: 1909, latest update. Starting my laptop without the mouse plugged in doesn't cause any issues. Plugging my mouse in neither. Using the trackpad with the mouse plugged in is fine. BUT, after the very first mouse click, my taskbar becomes completely unresponsive, can only...
  10. hdd not seen

hdd not seen: I am trying to load win 10 but when I get to the screen "where do you want to install windows" the message "we couldn't find any drives........." and only the "refresh and load driver" buttons are enabled. The load driver button points in the direction of the installation...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win10 does not see new seagate disk

2. usb hdd is not seen by win 10