Windows 10: Win10 Skipping disk check

Discus and support Win10 Skipping disk check in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I need help as I'm getting very frustrated. My D: drive (non system) keeps getting check on startup, I tried to use the 'chkntfs /x D:' to skip this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by nightgyr, Aug 11, 2015.

1. nightgyr Win User

Win10 Skipping disk check

I need help as I'm getting very frustrated.
    My D: drive (non system) keeps getting check on startup, I tried to use the 'chkntfs /x D:' to skip this but it doesn't work.

After a few forced resets, when I land the 'press any key to skip disk check in 8secs...' And when I do press a button, the countdown speeds up and goes straight to scanning and repairing. Wtf?

So frustrating! Now it's stuck at 4%. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

:)

nightgyr, Aug 11, 2015
  2. tonistein Win User

Sharing drives with Win7 & Win10

There's nothing wrong with the hard disks. If I use them with Win7 alone there's no boot scanning. The moment I share with Win10 & switch back to Win7 then the disks have to be scanned. I ever tried to skip the scan but after bootup the disks are not accessible
    in Win7. Those USB flashdrive that I created in Win7 & then used in Win10 which I transferred more data inside is not accessible in Win7 again. It say to format the flashdrive

tonistein, Aug 11, 2015
  3. BossDweeb Win User
    SECDRV.SYS Not Loading in Windows 10; this will break thousands of older games.

In relation to the topic of the OP ....Blocking SafeDisk DRM driver secdrv.sys.

Why go through the bother of dual booting, or virtual machine ?

It can also be difficult to get XP drivers for some current hardware too.

- Note that the commands to enable/disable DRM Blocking shown on several posts do not work on Win10.

They only work on Win7/8/8.1 as they disable the security update that gets installed to these versions of Windows.

Win10 has DRM Blocking built in, so these commands do not work.

For most disk based games, all that is required to circumvent DRM Blocking on Win10 is to use a noCD fix/hack.

No more stuffing around with the disk either.

Disabling DRM Blocking on Win10 to all the secdrv.sys driver to run does open Win10 to the potential of an attack via this

dated driver. Small as that may be.

- When using a noCD there is no disk check. You don't need to have the disk in the drive, so the secdrv.sys driver on the disk

never gets invoked.

The noCD fix skips the CD check, and tells the game the disk check has been successful, so there is no danger from that driver.

- imo - A noCD is the safest way to circumvent DRM Blocking. I have been using them (with legit disk based games) for over ten years.I have close to 80 noCD fixes and have downloaded many more for these forums (to verify they are safe) and none have had
    a malware

(note that some AV's flag these files simply because they are technically a hack).

- Seriously retro games may need Virtual Machines, DOS BOX etc. for early '90's games an older, but virtually all disk based games that

use SafeDisk would all run on Win10 if MS allowed Win10 users to switch the 'feature' off, as can be done on W7,8,8.1.

Basically. If a game ran on Win7 it will run the same on Win10. Some do require a bit of coaxing though.

BossDweeb, Aug 11, 2015
  4. Win10 Skipping disk check

What else do you have on the PC? Your System Specs tell us nothing useful.

Mark Phelps, Aug 11, 2015
  5. nightgyr Win User
    Hello

What details would you need?
    Currently upon startup, the main programs are:
    Avast (updated for win10)
    Cc cleaner
    Steam

Avast and cc cleaner are on my c drive (SSD)
    Steam program is on d drive (WD HDD 1TB)

So I let it run its course (disk check), went through ok. I restarted my computer and it still requires disk check ! No idea what to do next.

Any ideas or suggestions ?

nightgyr, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Win10 Skipping disk check

1. Win10 Skipping disk check - Similar Threads - Win10 Skipping disk

2. Windows booting up - Check disk, press any keys to skip

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows booting up - Check disk, press any keys to skip: I have no idea why does this appear, whenever I just boot up my laptop, it just always give me this and the checking mostly takes 40 minutes, why and any way to stop this?...
  3. Windows booting up - Check disk, press any keys to skip

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows booting up - Check disk, press any keys to skip: I have no idea why does this appear, whenever I just boot up my laptop, it just always give me this and the checking mostly takes 40 minutes, why and any way to stop this?...
  4. Windows booting up - Check disk, press any keys to skip

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. To skip disk checking happens after bsod win11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    To skip disk checking happens after bsod win11: My mom had this issue. So, she had to hard shutdown after a bsod cause: type wininit into powershell as admin then the disk check notice came up. So, i pressed a key. A little bit later it said it was fixing the disk. It was on windows 11 so it could happen at any time. Its...
  6. To skip disk checking happens after bsod win11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    To skip disk checking happens after bsod win11: My mom had this issue. So, she had to hard shutdown after a bsod cause: type wininit into powershell as admin then the disk check notice came up. So, i pressed a key. A little bit later it said it was fixing the disk. It was on windows 11 so it could happen at any time. Its...
  7. To skip disk checking press any key within 8 sec

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    To skip disk checking press any key within 8 sec: While starting windows i got above message everytime how to solve this/ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/to-skip-disk-checking-press-any-key-within-8-sec/3945e584-5cbe-4656-8d3a-3d69f9e02f53
  8. to skip disk checking press any key within 10 seconds

to skip disk checking press any key within 10 seconds: windowsu her başlattığımda to skip disk checking press any key within 10 seconds yazısı ekrana geliyor herhangi bir tuşa basmadan beklememe rağmen süre bitince windows otomatik açılıyor...
  9. To skip disk checking, press any key in # seconds

To skip disk checking, press any key in # seconds: I have been getting this on every start up. It checks my C drive which is an SSD. I let it run the check multiple times but it runs a few seconds and i get to log in screen. Also, checking disk and repair from properties>Tools>ErrorChecking says it found errors, but the...
  10. Windows 10 skips disk checking on startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 skips disk checking on startup: So when my computer starts up it says "Disk checking to skip press any key within 8 seconds" and then it turns black for a second then says it again. Then it goes to the lock screen. How do I make it so that it doesn't skip the disk checking? 59809