Windows 10: Win10 Tablet Networking Problem

Discus and support Win10 Tablet Networking Problem in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Totally new to Win10 (and still prefer Win7). Recently purchased an Acer Win10 Tablet and wanted to connect to my existing network of two Win7... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by desertjim, Jan 12, 2016.

1. desertjim Win User

Win10 Tablet Networking Problem

Totally new to Win10 (and still prefer Win7).

Recently purchased an Acer Win10 Tablet and wanted to connect to my existing network of two Win7 Desktops and two Win Vista Laptops.

I just CANNOT get the Tablet to corporate! Sometimes it shows up on the network "map" and sometimes it doesn't. Then sometimes when it does, I get the error saying that "this computer cannot be assigned to the network", or something similar. Sometimes when I click on the Tablet I can see its files, but most of the time I/we get the error that we don't have the ability to connect to it.

Win10 Tablet Networking Problem [​IMG]

I just accessed the network on this computer (Win7 Desktop) and was able to view the files, even though it was showing the above message. As a matter of fact, I don't even know how to access the "map" on the tablet.

Win10 Tablet Networking Problem [​IMG]

Whatever else you might need to help, please let me know.

Thanks a lot.

Jim

:)

desertjim, Jan 12, 2016
  2. earl1812 Win User

how to determine the name of my cpu network

someone set up my windows10 PC to be a network. My wife's windows 10 tablet connects to my computer's wireless network and prints to a hard wired printer. While away, her tablet forgot? the connection and only remembers the ATT wireless network. How do
    I find the network name of my computer's so I can set up a new connection on her tablet? Actually, when MSFT offered help on converting to win10, one of their employees did it. It was originally set up on win7. thanks

earl1812, Jan 12, 2016
  3. Error "One or more network protocols are missing on this computer" on Windows 10

The device is a Samsung Tablet, model XE700T1A-A06US. It was running Windows 8.1 and was working fine until I tried installing the free Windows 10 upgrade. After win10 installed, the tablet has no internet accessibility.

In Control Panel, Network & Internet, it show my Wi-Fi name, as before, but reports "No Internet, secured".

I tried going to "Network and Sharing Center" and running "Troubleshoot problems".

Running "Find and Fix" on Internet Connections, it said "one or more network protocols are missing on this computer."

Clicked "Run repairs as Administrator". It tried to resolve the problem and came back with "Troubleshooting was unable to automatically fix all of the issues found..." and "One or more network protocols are missing ... Not Fixed"

So, is there a fix for this or should I return to windows 8.1?

Original title: No Internet with upgrade from win8.1 to windows 10 on Samsung Tablet

Richard in Michigan, Jan 12, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User
  5. desertjim Win User
    Thanks a lot. The link sure is a great one.

A couple or so things I might mention that could be messing me up:
    1. There is only ONE Link Layer to check on my tablet
    2. I have no idea about LLD
    3. My computer (Dads) connects to VZs JetPack via a USB networking drive, rather than with my build in LAN card (I changed it because I was loosing connections to the internet a lot and my wife's computer wasn't). I noticed when I clicked to the network and then properties, it was the USB LAN that was shown, and no option for whatever else there might be. I suspect that is a problem, yes? Didn't see any way to change it. I could disable it, but then I'd have to go back and go through the whole thing with my installed LAN card.

To be perfectly honest, having LAN on my Tablet is very minor. I just make an issue of it because I like things to WORK as they should *Smile.

Thanks again, and if you think something I have said here is part of the problem (other that the operator *Wink ) let me know.

Regards,

Jim

desertjim, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Win10 Tablet Networking Problem

1. Win10 Tablet Networking Problem - Similar Threads - Win10 Tablet Networking

2. Win10/Win7 Print Networking Problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win10/Win7 Print Networking Problem: I have a home network that was set up with all win7 machines and a HP LaserJet 4050 lpt printer attached to one of them. All machines had access thru the network to this one printer. I recently purchased a new win10 computer (Dell Precision 3630) to which I have attached the...
  3. network problems with win10 dual ethernet device.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    network problems with win10 dual ethernet device.: iam using miniPC (http://www.gole.tech/product/rma-232g-win10-2017-mini-pc-box-dual-ethernet-box-computer/) with win10 to host one of my apps and i need it to have static adress. Problem is, it has two ethernets and they act a little bit strange. I configure correct Ip...
  4. Network problems with Win10 Pro

Network problems with Win10 Pro: Hi, experts of MS! I suffer! Since two or three months I try to detect why my home-network is unstable. I am operating three computers in a home-network. From time to time the connection between all of them is working well. But suddenly one or all of the connections get...
  5. Fusion5 Win10 tablet recovery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fusion5 Win10 tablet recovery: I have a Fusion5 Win10 tablet that I want to reset but the recovery says I need to free up 2gb of space and the only thing I have on there is the OS. The drive is a 32gb SD card I want to reset it so I can sell the tablet....
  6. Tablet problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Tablet problem: During an update, the spring update, the tablet ran out of battery power and shut down. The update was not finished and when It turned it on after recharging it goes into a loop that says it is trying to reinstall an previous version of win10. The tablet is an HP stream 8....
  7. Email in Win10 Tablet

in Browsers and Email
    Email in Win10 Tablet: I am trying to get email from my Cloud server but can not find any way of doing it in the mail app. Urgent advice needed Thanks 64094
  8. Win10 Network Problem... I think?

Win10 Network Problem... I think?: Hi guys, so I freshly installed win 10 home, all the drivers and so on... the problem is when I watch a youtube video, a stream or just navigate between 3 pages, chrome just buffers and my internet crashes and then comes back after like 5-10 sec... when there is high traffic...
  9. Surface Tablet- Win10

in Windows 10 Support
    Surface Tablet- Win10: I have a Surface Tablet Running Win10. Problem Is, I must Find the MODEL NUMBER! Everybody I ask says everthing you need is under the "KICKSTAND"! It IS NOT! The only thing there is the windows Logo & under it is 128GB the serial number 022838544753! How do I find...
  10. Tablet Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Tablet Problem: My Windows 10 tablet randomly freezes and brings me to a blue screen saying something along the lines of this pc ran into problems and will restart in 30 seconds or so. Has anybody else experienced this and is there a way to remody it? 26127