Windows 10: Win10 taskbar

Discus and support Win10 taskbar in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I hope this is just a setting, but I have a very lazy taskbar (bottom) that will not become visible unless I keep moving the mouse up and down or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by meebers, Dec 22, 2014.

1. meebers Win User

Win10 taskbar

I hope this is just a setting, but I have a very lazy taskbar (bottom) that will not become visible unless I keep moving the mouse up and down or sometimes sideways to get it to appear. Lock is not on, auto-hide is checked when this happens. Is this a 9879 problem? Till I figure it out, I have the task bar locked (visible) Tx

:)

meebers, Dec 22, 2014
  2. BossDweeb Win User

Volume control in Task area not showing - Win 10

System > Notifications & Icons ? Maybe that's on a different version of Win10 than Home.

On my Win10 1703 the volume is found in Settings >
    Personalization > Taskbar > Turn System icons on or off.

( Quicker way - R/click on the Taskbar and select Taskbar Settings )

- No promise this will make the icon appear in your Taskbar notification area, but it works for me.

System has - Notifications and Actions. Not the same thing.

BossDweeb, Dec 22, 2014
  3. win10 taskbar

Is there a way to customize the length of the taskbar in win10? I prefer it to autohide on the bottom of the screen but I am constantly accidentally revealing it when I am hitting a scroll down button on the right side of most websites. I have been trying
    it out on the left side of the screen as a remedy for that problem but just as frequently accidentally unhide it when hitting the back button on any given webpage. the right side position of the taskbar is even worse than the other two spots and while I havent
    tried putting it up top, i suspect there will be something not right there as well. If only the length could be adjusted to keep it from being so near the buttons I mentioned in those respective positions... Any advice?

Thanks,

jack

jack aaronnanigian, Dec 22, 2014
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Win10 taskbar

Brink, Dec 22, 2014
  5. meebers Win User
    Tx Brink, I like to move the mouse down, have the TB come up and make my selection, then have it hide away. But is that normal behavior for the task bar to be "lazy". Annoying waiting for it to respond. :-(.

meebers, Dec 22, 2014
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    It sounds like the "fade" visual effects settings causing this delay. Most likely the "Fade or slide menus into view" effect. As a test, turn them off (uncheck) to see if that helps.

Visual Effects - Adjust in Windows 8

Brink, Dec 22, 2014
  7. meebers Win User
    I unchecked them all and now the TB is "instant", meaning it seems like it jumps up immediately. I will go back and slowly add the visual effects back in and see if any one in particular causes/caused this problem. Tx Brink...

meebers, Dec 22, 2014
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Win10 taskbar

You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Win10 taskbar

1. Win10 taskbar - Similar Threads - Win10 taskbar

2. Win10: Is there any way for the mouse cursor NOT to activate the auto hidden Taskbar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10: Is there any way for the mouse cursor NOT to activate the auto hidden Taskbar?: I find the Taskbar that I have most definitely auto-hidden is often in the way, blocking stuff when I'm working with my cursor near the top of the screen. It's popping up all the time. All I need is to stop the cursor from activating the Taskbar. If I want to see the Taskbar...
  3. Win10: Is there any way for the mouse cursor NOT to activate the auto hidden Taskbar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10: Is there any way for the mouse cursor NOT to activate the auto hidden Taskbar?: I find the Taskbar that I have most definitely auto-hidden is often in the way, blocking stuff when I'm working with my cursor near the top of the screen. It's popping up all the time. All I need is to stop the cursor from activating the Taskbar. If I want to see the Taskbar...
  4. Win10: Is there any way for the mouse cursor NOT to activate the auto hidden Taskbar?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How do I remove shortcuts or links in the taskbar desktop in Win10?

How do I remove shortcuts or links in the taskbar desktop in Win10?: Somehow the toolbar "Desktop" that you can display on the taskbar has become populated with shortcuts that I did not add, and that don't actually appear on my desktop - I've spent hours searching for where the "Desktop Toolbar" stores it's data and cannot find the real...
  6. How do I remove shortcuts or links in the taskbar desktop in Win10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I remove shortcuts or links in the taskbar desktop in Win10?: Somehow the toolbar "Desktop" that you can display on the taskbar has become populated with shortcuts that I did not add, and that don't actually appear on my desktop - I've spent hours searching for where the "Desktop Toolbar" stores it's data and cannot find the real...
  7. How do I remove shortcuts or links in the taskbar desktop in Win10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Win10 Icons Are Displaying In Quick Launch Toolbar instead of the taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 Icons Are Displaying In Quick Launch Toolbar instead of the taskbar: System: Win10 Pro with all current updates. I have two Win10 PCs....a desktop running Win10 Home and a laptop running Win10 Pro. The following problem refers to the laptop only.I have a Quick Launch Tool Bar enabled on the Win10 laptop. When I launch an app from the home...
  9. Win10 Icons Are Displaying In Quick Launch Toolbar instead of the taskbar

Win10 Icons Are Displaying In Quick Launch Toolbar instead of the taskbar: System: Win10 Pro with all current updates. I have two Win10 PCs....a desktop running Win10 Home and a laptop running Win10 Pro. The following problem refers to the laptop only.I have a Quick Launch Tool Bar enabled on the Win10 laptop. When I launch an app from the home...
  10. Estranho Bug na barra de tarefas do win10 Strange bug in the win10 taskbar

Estranho Bug na barra de tarefas do win10 Strange bug in the win10 taskbar: isso começou a acontecer algum tempo atrás, simplesmente quando início o windows ou estou na área de trabalho a barra de tarefas apresenta um comportamento estranho de travar e fazer a tela piscar por alguns segundos, já tentei várias mas não sei o que fazer.this started...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win10 1809 taskbar notification area off the screen