Windows 10: Win10 thinks my wife is a child

Discus and support Win10 thinks my wife is a child in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I can't change her from child to adult. I have tried to create a new account as an adult, with a different email address, but in the end it changes her... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by drpeppercan, Aug 25, 2018.

1. Win10 thinks my wife is a child

I can't change her from child to adult.
    I have tried to create a new account as an adult, with a different email address, but in the end it changes her account type to a child again.

Any ideas?

Thanks

:)

drpeppercan, Aug 25, 2018

2. Child account

I did set up a Child account, I did fallow all the steps window ask, the account say that the child is in the family, when I tried to log, give me the message "The Profile Service service Failed The Sign-in. User Profile cannot be loaded".

Answering your questions:

• Did you make any changes to the child account prior to the issue? No, I did not make any changes.
    • Since when you are facing this issue? Right from the start. I never got to login.
    • Are you able to login with other child accounts on the computer? No
    I suggest you to restart the computer once and check if you are able to login to the computer. I did, the same problem, I do not have any problem with my account or my wife.

Thank you for your help.

David.

David EDongo Sr, Aug 25, 2018
  3. Jan123 Win User
    Child Account Get Greyed Out

Thanks for the suggestion, but I did the following instead.

I have another laptop, 2 weeks old, with Windows 10 Home on it.

On that one, I tried the same steps with the child account, and got the exact same results.

Jan123, Aug 25, 2018
  4. Win10 thinks my wife is a child

Child option not present in Windows 10 Family Safety

Hi George,

Thank you for your response.

• Are you trying these steps in admin account or a local account?
    The steps given in the link ahs to be performed in the Website and a invite has to sent from the web and check if it helps.

I suggest you to refer the link and check the Add a child account to your family and check
    if it helps.

Hope this information helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Aug 25, 2018
Thema:

Win10 thinks my wife is a child

1. Win10 thinks my wife is a child - Similar Threads - Win10 thinks wife

2. how is my wife?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how is my wife?: Nice experience when i using to this personally i was learned lot of knowledge. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-is-my-wife/a52711c3-c08a-4cfb-a555-99eafa310481
  3. how is my wife?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how is my wife?: Nice experience when i using to this personally i was learned lot of knowledge. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-is-my-wife/a52711c3-c08a-4cfb-a555-99eafa310481
  4. My Windows 10 installation thinks it belongs to my wife

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Windows 10 installation thinks it belongs to my wife: It's got her email address in user info, and there seems no way to change it, or sign out and sign in again with my own account. What do I do to correct this situation?...
  5. need to change my family members account from child to wife

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    need to change my family members account from child to wife: i just need help changhingmy wife from child on my family https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-to-change-my-family-members-account-from/5f7e5530-41fc-48f8-b21a-2cedacf93794
  6. My wife name?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My wife name?: Elizabeth https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-wife-name/3f415dc3-898b-48d0-b557-54057cdcdafa
  7. My account thinks I am a child

My account thinks I am a child: Hi! Recently I installed Windows 10 on my pc. I tried to sync my accounts and created my own sesion using one of them. When I tried to install a program, Windows asked me to type an ''administrator password''. When I went to see if I could turn my own sesion into an...
  8. How to Change Wife's Family Profile from Child to Parent

How to Change Wife's Family Profile from Child to Parent: I added my wife to my Microsoft family account, but she was added as a child rather than a parent. Is there a way to easily change her account to being a parent? Thanks, Keith...
  9. Win10 thinks my wife is a child

Win10 thinks my wife is a child: I can't change her from child to adult. I have tried to create a new account as an adult, with a different email address, but in the end it changes her account type to a child again. Any ideas? Thanks 116624
  10. My Wife's Win7 Macine Cannot Access my Win10 Machine.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Wife's Win7 Macine Cannot Access my Win10 Machine.: I HATE modern networking with every fiber of my being. Once upon a time, networking was simple. To support huge corporate networks Microsoft has made it into a nightmare for home users. Last week I upgraded to Win10. My wife backs up here win7 data on my backup drive. She...