Windows 10: Win10 tries to sign in to a deleted account

Discus and support Win10 tries to sign in to a deleted account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I'm on a work computer that had been set up for an employee who retired. When the computer first booted up it always wanted to sign into Emily's... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Joe Weinmunson, Nov 1, 2016.

1. Win10 tries to sign in to a deleted account

I'm on a work computer that had been set up for an employee who retired. When the computer first booted up it always wanted to sign into Emily's account. After poking around I was unable to change this sign-in behavior--when Win10 booted it always automatically signed in there. I decided to go ahead and delete that user account. To my astonishment the behavior didn't change. I've deleted the user account for Emily but every time when Win10 starts it gives me a sign-in error to Emily's account and I have to manually choose my own account to sign in to. What gives?

:)

Joe Weinmunson, Nov 1, 2016

2. Windows 10 tries to sign into already deleted account

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to ask if you are able to view the account by following the steps provided below:

1. Right click on Start button and select Command Prompt (Admin).

2. Type the command line below and press Enter:

net user

3. Check if the account is listed in the list of accounts displayed.

OR

Enable the built-in Administrator account and check if you are able to view the account which is deleted. Follow the steps below:

1. Right click on Start button and select Command Prompt (Admin).

2. Type the command line below and press Enter:

net user administrator /active:yes

3. Login to the built-in administrator account.

4. Press Windows + R keys, type netplwiz and press Enter.

5. Check if the user account is listed.

If the account is listed in the Administrator account, you can delete the same and check.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 1, 2016
  3. Windows 10 tries to sign into already deleted account

I started to add an account named anonymous reviewer so I could review articles for journals anonymously. I started to set up an outlook.com email as demanded by the "add family or other user" process, but the process was intrusive and coercive and the
    amount of information required would have made the account anything but anonymous. So I abandoned the attempt and deleted the account without ever having signed into the outlook.com email.

Now, however, whenever I reboot my computer, an account named anony tries to sign in and I am told the password is incorrect.

Anony appears on no user list so I cannot use the procedures to highlight it and then press a button removing it.

How do I get rid of this crazy deleted account automatic sign in? Again, remember, an account "anony" does NOT show up on any user lists in the system so please don't offer advice that shows how to delete an account from a list of users. I need to know
    how to delete an account that DOES NOT shown up on a list of users. .

Many Thanks.

Frazzled1472, Nov 1, 2016
  4. RolandJS Win User

Win10 tries to sign in to a deleted account

I'm a Windows 7 Pro user, so I'm guessing about W10: is there a control panel that will you adjust login behavior? If not, Windows Club has an Ultimate Windows Tweaker just for W10 that will let you adjust the login behavior. Be warned! UWT used willy-nilly, used non-cautiously, could have you reaching for your restorable backup of OS partition, or, your Windows install DVD.

RolandJS, Nov 1, 2016
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello Joe, *Smile

No need to use any 3rd party program.

This sounds like netplwiz is still set to have his account automatically signed in to at startup. You should be able to use OPTION ONE in the tutorial below to check the Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer box in netplwiz to fix this.

Sign in User Account Automatically at Windows 10 Startup

Brink, Nov 1, 2016
  6. Thanks kindly Brink, that did the trick.

Joe Weinmunson, Nov 6, 2016
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Win10 tries to sign in to a deleted account

1. Win10 tries to sign in to a deleted account - Similar Threads - Win10 tries sign

2. Trying to delete my account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to delete my account: Trying to delete my account - Cannot leave my work organization because I cannot delete my TenantI have been asked to leave my work organization.I am getting the error message:"Because you are the last admin in this organization tenant, you’re not allowed to leave it. You’ll...
  3. Trying to delete my account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to delete my account: Trying to delete my account - Cannot leave my work organization because I cannot delete my TenantI have been asked to leave my work organization.I am getting the error message:"Because you are the last admin in this organization tenant, you’re not allowed to leave it. You’ll...
  4. Work or School Account Trying to Sign In

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Work or School Account Trying to Sign In: I connected my school Microsoft Account on the Microsoft Office app. I have removed my school account, however, when I use the app, Microsoft 365 tries to have me sign in with my school account. Funny thing is... I'm already signed in with my personal 365 account. I would...
  5. Work or School Account Trying to Sign In

in Windows 10 Customization
    Work or School Account Trying to Sign In: I connected my school Microsoft Account on the Microsoft Office app. I have removed my school account, however, when I use the app, Microsoft 365 tries to have me sign in with my school account. Funny thing is... I'm already signed in with my personal 365 account. I would...
  6. Work or School Account Trying to Sign In

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Win10 sign in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Win10 sign in: Hello, so my problem is: I installed an update and after restart I tried to sign in to one of the user accounts And I got an error message: the user profile service service failed the sign-in, user profile cannot be loaded. And I tried to go back and choose another user but...
  8. Tried to sign into my account?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Tried to sign into my account?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/iBagelHole [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hs0blv/tried_to_sign_into_my_account/
  9. Local to Microsoft Account for Win10 sign in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Local to Microsoft Account for Win10 sign in: I'm currently using a local sign in for my Win 10 Home computer. I've gone the "netplwiz.exe" route to eliminate having to sign in as I'm the only user in the home using that PC. I have several questions involving what happens if I switch and start using my Microsoft account...
  10. Trying to delete an old account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Trying to delete an old account: I decided to check out one note to see how it compared to google docs. However when I went to make an account it said the email I was attempting to use was already attached to another account. So I recovered my username and attempted to also get my password back so I could...