Windows 10: win10 unstable bsod win7 same machine never

Discus and support win10 unstable bsod win7 same machine never in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; i7 4930k 16 mem samsung pro xfx video (3 identical machines) machines year and half old win 7 never a problem, never a crash, never an event in event... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by rboris, Oct 16, 2015.

1. rboris Win User

win10 unstable bsod win7 same machine never

i7 4930k 16 mem samsung pro xfx video (3 identical machines)
    machines year and half old
    win 7 never a problem, never a crash, never an event in event viewer
    win 10 over 7, perfect.
    until look under the sheets with all sorts of recurring errors that this forum has documented multiple times

last night machine blew up and blue screened.
    i downloaded the dump and everything else with your program.

very frustrated. please your collective wisdom

:)

rboris, Oct 16, 2015

2. Other internet security

I have been using Defender since Win10 came out and MSE, which was basically the same, on my Win7 machines. Never had a problem.

Bruce Hagen, Oct 16, 2015
  3. Mallette Win User
    Windows 10 "This computer cannot join/create a homegroup:

It's still basically the same but it's moved. Did a clean reinstall and was able to create a homegroup on the Win10 machine. But now I get the same message on the Win7 machine I am trying to get in touch with.

I was finally able to map an NAS and drives from my Win7 machine to the Win10 station, but the Win7 machine denies access to the shared drives on the Win10 machine.

Dave

Mallette, Oct 16, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi boris,

The crash is a 0x1A(MEMORY_MANAGEMENT) which is related to the memory of course.
    As you only had once a BSOD it is not something to worry about.
    If you however would like to do something, MemTest86+ is available to test your memory.
    Please keep in mind that with 16GB it could take almost a day before MemTest86+ is finished with the minimum requirements of 8 passes. If however there is at least 1 error, you can of course stop MemTest86+ as it is then necessary to determine what stick/slot is faulty.

win10 unstable bsod win7 same machine never [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

5. rboris Win User
    I have three identical machines that have been plagued--as have many of your viewers--by many recurrent errors lurking underneath the pretty face of windows 10. The event viewer never is clean: i'll spare the details but there are numerous posts here about the same issues experienced by many, many users. Sure if you never look at the event viewer or the reliability monitor you might conclude that windows 10 is a success. I suspect, however, that we have the same misfeasance just experienced at VW: a cover-up of major dimensions where the basic structure is flawed even though the "public" presentation is great.

To be very clear: the machines plagued by errors, and now bsods, are exactly the same (with each other) and ran windows 7 with hardly an error for years.

So I can only conclude it is the software because the hardware was rock solid.

I am going to wait for the November super upgrade to decide whether I go back to win 7 (a shame because i like the added functionality in windows 10) or pay through the nose to buy Imacs where, at least, things always work correctly.

Thank you.

rboris, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. win10 unstable bsod win7 same machine never - Similar Threads - win10 unstable bsod

2. Can I dual-boot Win10/Win10 on the same machine with the same Windows License?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I dual-boot Win10/Win10 on the same machine with the same Windows License?: A few years ago I built a Ryzen 7 1700/Asus Rog mATX system. I decided to upgrade to a B550/Ryzen 5600X just swapping out the Motherboard/CPU and adding a new GEN4 m.2SSD. I want to dual-boot Win10/Win10, with my current system m.2 SSD, with all my software and clean Windows...
  3. Can I dual-boot Win10/Win10 on the same machine with the same Windows License?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I dual-boot Win10/Win10 on the same machine with the same Windows License?: A few years ago I built a Ryzen 7 1700/Asus Rog mATX system. I decided to upgrade to a B550/Ryzen 5600X just swapping out the Motherboard/CPU and adding a new GEN4 m.2SSD. I want to dual-boot Win10/Win10, with my current system m.2 SSD, with all my software and clean Windows...
  4. Single Win10 machine unable to map to a Win7 Shared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Single Win10 machine unable to map to a Win7 Shared: 2 Win10 both on build 19042. 1 has no issues with mapping to a shared folder on a shared folder on a Win7 machine\\10.1.1.100\Shared, while the other is getting "file and print sharing resource 10.1.1.100 is online but isn't responding to connection attempts." And details...
  5. Win7 on Win10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win7 on Win10?: Hey, When i boot up my windows 10 machine i get a classic windows 7 start up menu i believe it is when i made a win7 bootable but now i have this permanently. i went so far as to reset my pc nothing works. Please help! Link to video of what happens:...
  6. Dual Boot Win7 and Win10: Both existent on current machine

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dual Boot Win7 and Win10: Both existent on current machine: Hello Folks. I am sure this has been asked before but I can't find an answer despite having spent ages trawling the threads. Feel free to point me to an earlier answer if appropriate. So here goes: I have two nvme drives on my machine. One has an up to date Win10Pro 1909 -...
  7. Very slow intranet file transfer on win10, fine on win7 (same machine)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Very slow intranet file transfer on win10, fine on win7 (same machine): Hey, i have been searching all over the web on how to solve this, which is simply ridiculous, when transfering a file between two windows 7 pcs using LAN (i'm using exacly the same machine models, the X510UAR, running with dual boot) the transfer speed is around 10-12 mega...
  8. Onedrive issues with win7 and win10 on same account

in Windows 10 Support
    Onedrive issues with win7 and win10 on same account: I seem to have run into a problem. I have a Win7 machine that uses Onedrive to keep Desktop, Documents etc safe on cloud. This is tied to my MS account. I added a Win10 machine using same MS account. There appears to be a problem in including Desktop in Onedrive. There are...
  9. wifi on win10 is slower than win7 on same computer and adapter (settings are the same)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wifi on win10 is slower than win7 on same computer and adapter (settings are the same): wifi on win10 is slower than win7 on same computer and adapter (settings are the same) setup is dlink dwa 160 adapter using windows driver 5g, 2.4 is turned off from device manager. I get about 140mbs on win7 but only 100mbs on win10, no sharing for the adapter or...
  10. Dual boot Win7 & Win10 on same HDD - How to eliminate Win7?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual boot Win7 & Win10 on same HDD - How to eliminate Win7?: I had a single hard drive with Windows 7 on it and then created another partition and loaded Windows 10 on that resulting in a dual boot setup.I want to eliminate the dual boot setup and delete the partition with windows 7 on it leaving a single partition with only Windows...