Windows 10: Win10 Update download and system shutdown?

Discus and support Win10 Update download and system shutdown? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; What if someone shut down the computer without khnowing the computer is downloading or installing updates ?? Will those updates resume download once... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by win10freak, Apr 8, 2017.

1. Win10 Update download and system shutdown?

What if someone shut down the computer without khnowing the computer is downloading or installing updates ?? Will those updates resume download once the system is powered back on?

Or, should I just go to group policy and select notify for download and notify for install?

:)

win10freak, Apr 8, 2017
  2. u00rmm4 Win User

Where is Solitaire in Windows 10

I spent hours updating win10 after updating

and just lost solitaire games for my time. Do not update win10 do not download win10. Microsoft has no regard for it's users. Let's hope the Chinese get their operating system released here.

u00rmm4, Apr 8, 2017
  3. error 0x800705b4 and unable to download apps from store on lumia 535 win 10

hey there,

I am unable to download system updates on lumia 535 win10 also there is error in sstore no app is downloading...sort thiss out

shubhampatni, Apr 8, 2017
  4. Edwin New Member

Win10 Update download and system shutdown?

The download will resume on restart/power on,
    the only way to shutdown during install is 'hard shutdown'.

Edwin, Apr 8, 2017
  5. Mystere Win User
    If it's downloading, then there is no issue and the download will resume. If it's actually in the process of installing those updates, such as when it says "Don't shut down your computer", then any number of things can happen. Sometimes it may just revert back to the original state, sometimes it may brick the system.

Mystere, Apr 8, 2017
  6. But you don't check to see if windows is downloading or installing updates every time you turn off your computer right ?
    because during that time windows will not alert you to not turn off pc

win10freak, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Win10 Update download and system shutdown?

1. Win10 Update download and system shutdown? - Similar Threads - Win10 Update download

2. System Shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Shutdown: How many seconds does it take for your windows to shut down ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-shutdown/b0d8f50e-4851-438d-8632-4e1fac47e320
  3. System Shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System Shutdown: How many seconds does it take for your Windows system to shut down ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-shutdown/772ce09c-22ee-43a9-9537-4ae05522befa
  4. System Shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Shutdown: How many seconds does it take for your Windows system to shut down ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-shutdown/772ce09c-22ee-43a9-9537-4ae05522befa
  5. System Shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Shutdown: Hello friends I am Amir Ali My system has an SSD. And it usually takes about 45 seconds to turn off. Is this normal ?? How many seconds does the process of shutting down the system take for you ??...
  6. Win10 keeps on downloading update ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win10 keeps on downloading update ?: Was on 1903 for a while and had problems, went back to 1809. Now Win10 keeps on adding 3GB to my C drive . I assume it is 1903 update. I delayed feature updates in 1809 for 365 days I their a way I can delete the file that they loaded? Thanks Gary *Mad 138784
  7. Win10 keeps on downloading update ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 keeps on downloading update ?: Was on 1903 for a while and had problems, went back to 1809. Now Win10 keeps on adding 3GB to my C drive . I assume it is 1903 update. I delayed feature updates in 1809 for 365 days I their a way I can delete the file that they loaded? Thanks Gary *Mad 138784
  8. Choosing updates to download in Win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Choosing updates to download in Win10: Is it possible to choose which updates to download and which to refuse? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/choosing-updates-to-download-in-win10/91642cab-f2d4-4536-8aad-d6fbc87c5599
  9. Win10 Updates stuck downloading

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win10 Updates stuck downloading: My Windows 10 version 1511 is set to download and install updates automatically but this morning, the updates download got stuck at 0% for a long time. Even after a reboot, it would not budge. Do you guys have the same problem here? Maybe during the downloading of the...
  10. Problem downloading Win10 Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem downloading Win10 Updates: I am trying to update my Laptop which has Windows 7 Home Premium 32 Bit with SP1, to Windows 10. I have downloaded the Windows 10 ISO files and successfully burned a DVD. During the burning process the integrity of the burn process was checked and was confirmed as OK. I...