Windows 10: Win10 Updates stuck downloading

Discus and support Win10 Updates stuck downloading in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My Windows 10 version 1511 is set to download and install updates automatically but this morning, the updates download got stuck at 0% for a long time.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by win10freak, Sep 14, 2016.

1. Win10 Updates stuck downloading

My Windows 10 version 1511 is set to download and install updates automatically but this morning, the updates download got stuck at 0% for a long time. Even after a reboot, it would not budge.
    Do you guys have the same problem here?

Maybe during the downloading of the updates, I had turned off my notebook, so would that have a negative effect on the way the updates are downloaded or in process of downloading?
    So for example, next time if there is a Windows Update and the downloads are in progress, is it OK to turn off my machine while Windows 10 is downloading the patches or security updates?

The only way I could recover from this mess, is that I read these steps from the below link.
    »www.thewindowsclub.com/w ··· -updates

But overall in general, the way Win10 handles these updates is a PURE MESS, and I hope in Redstone, this will be fixed.
    I never had these issues in Win7...

:)

win10freak, Sep 14, 2016

2. Windows update stuck

Yesterday I downloaded the latest updates on win10, and restarted my pc as it asked. First it stucked at 70% at working on updates, after several hours it has finished, and stucked at the getting windows ready stage whole night. Tried to restart but stucks
    again.

bardosmarton, Sep 14, 2016
  3. Caesarik Win User
    Windows 10 update stuck at 81% during installation everytime for a year!

Hello,

i have problem with updating nad here is my story. Any sollution will be salvation for me.

I was using WIN10 for a year, but one day system install Windows 10 Update Assistant and forced me to download updates. Everytime when i restart PC this stupid updates was running and stuck at 81% - that was epic wast of time ... wait for 1 hour update to
    stuck and than wait for restoration.

Then I decided to make a clean installation WIN10. I download from mediatoll creation system for my PC. I was made bootable dvd and run new installation. After installation when is system preparing "moment" system stuck and i see black screen. Reset dont
    work, system is ruined coz he dont finished. Than I try to find my old copy WIN10 ver 10240. This is unique copy that i can install on my PC. So i use this install to made clean installation WIN10, after install i try to update my WIN10 again wait for download
    and again wait for a year to see that stupid update will stuck at 81%.

Windows 10 Update Assistant - not solution for me - download - OK / install - OK ... after restart when is configuring and installing is stuck at 81%

Windows Update Troubleshooter - not solution for me - waste of time - nothing to find

Clean install WIN10 - dont work when i download system from official site!

WIN10 v10240 - i can install but cant update coz is everytime stuck at 81%.

system configuration:

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770 @ 3.40GHz Haswell

RAM: 24 GB

Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. G10AC (SOCKET 1150)

Graphics : NVIDIA GEFORCE 1060

Storage: 1863GB TOSHIBA (SATA)

Thanks for any tips.

Caesarik, Sep 14, 2016
  4. Grizzly Win User

Win10 Updates stuck downloading

I had a hard time updating my 10586 (1511) Version so I let it update and download over night. DON'T !! it also downloaded the "Feature update", meaning the anniversary update and tried to install that. I interrupted the update so Windows will be forced to go back to the 1511 Version.
    Whenever a new cumulative update is available, I made it a habit to download it from the catalog:
    Microsoft Update Catalog

that way I do not rely on the Windows update and can do that even disconnected from the web.. Has always worked for me...

Grizzly, Sep 14, 2016
  5. I did set it now to have me notified of a download, but the issue with that is that Windows Defender keeps notifying me whenever new malware definitions are ready to download. This is annoying.

win10freak, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Win10 Updates stuck downloading

1. Win10 Updates stuck downloading - Similar Threads - Win10 Updates stuck

2. Stuck on Downloading Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck on Downloading Updates: Hello Microsoft, My Windows 10 PC has been stuck on downloading 20HZ at 100% how can I fix this?[ATTACH]edit okay it is installing now https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stuck-on-downloading-updates/1bf5d3f1-2f56-4919-a8d0-ae2e29284633
  3. Win10 update stuck

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win10 update stuck: Have a win10 home PC My Win10 build is 17763.1098 Ver 1809 I cant seem get the update 2019-12 update KB4023057 to install . It keeps saying it will try again later . Error 0x80070002 I have looked on the MS catalog site but the file is not their at all , so i cant install...
  4. Win10 Update Stuck

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win10 Update Stuck: Hi Folks, this update has been attempted 4 times and has been as in my image for over 1 hour. Tried a restart after attempts 1-3 only to return to where it is now. - [img] 151522
  5. Win10 keeps on downloading update ?

Win10 keeps on downloading update ?: Was on 1903 for a while and had problems, went back to 1809. Now Win10 keeps on adding 3GB to my C drive . I assume it is 1903 update. I delayed feature updates in 1809 for 365 days I their a way I can delete the file that they loaded? Thanks Gary *Mad 138784
  6. Win10 keeps on downloading update ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 keeps on downloading update ?: Was on 1903 for a while and had problems, went back to 1809. Now Win10 keeps on adding 3GB to my C drive . I assume it is 1903 update. I delayed feature updates in 1809 for 365 days I their a way I can delete the file that they loaded? Thanks Gary *Mad 138784
  7. Choosing updates to download in Win10

Choosing updates to download in Win10: Is it possible to choose which updates to download and which to refuse? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/choosing-updates-to-download-in-win10/91642cab-f2d4-4536-8aad-d6fbc87c5599
  8. Stuck download update

Stuck download update: Windows 10 Insider Preview 18237.1000 Pre release stuck at downloading 41% for over 2 hrs. and 30 min. 117762
  9. Stuck in Windows Update during Win10 download

Stuck in Windows Update during Win10 download: When trying to download the Win10 upgrade, it first takes me to Windows Update. It says "Check your PC before upgrading. Before installing Windows 10 Insider Preview, something needs your attention." and presents a "Check your PC" button. When I click the button, it cranks...
  10. Problem downloading Win10 Updates

Problem downloading Win10 Updates: I am trying to update my Laptop which has Windows 7 Home Premium 32 Bit with SP1, to Windows 10. I have downloaded the Windows 10 ISO files and successfully burned a DVD. During the burning process the integrity of the burn process was checked and was confirmed as OK. I...