Windows 10: Win10 Upgrade failed - Black Screen, no backup image - What next?

Discus and support Win10 Upgrade failed - Black Screen, no backup image - What next? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I foolishly allowed Windows to upgrade to Win 10 without thinking of backout options. *Redface*Redface*Redface I have a Win7 repair disk for the PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by BadBad10, Oct 2, 2015.

1. BadBad10 Win User

Win10 Upgrade failed - Black Screen, no backup image - What next?

I foolishly allowed Windows to upgrade to Win 10 without thinking of backout options. *Redface*Redface*Redface I have a Win7 repair disk for the PC from a couple of years ago but now the PC is showing nothing on screen and Win 10 as the OS when booting from the repair disk, it seems I can't use it to solve the problem.

I think I have updated the video driver for the monitor, but to no avail.

Any ideas? *Sad

:)

BadBad10, Oct 2, 2015
  2. anvar1944 Win User

black lockscreen win 10

After win10 upgrade black lock-screen with no mouse pointer?????????? not good...whats the fix???????

anvar1944, Oct 2, 2015
  3. Win10 doesn't work after reseting to factory settings.

I upgraded from win8.1 to win10,but win10 worked to slow and I decided to reset it to factory settings with saving of my personal files. After this Win10 works wrong. It lets me to type my password from microsoft account, but after all I can see is a black
    screen and cursor. Ctrl+alt+dell buttons work,nothing else. Tried to restart,nothing...it looks like explorer.exe file failed to start.I don't have a windows image to reinstall it.

volodymyrmuzyka, Oct 2, 2015
  4. ally9960 Win User

i had this problem after trying to revert back to win 7,in the end i had a spare hd i put in then used my win 7 recovery disc to install on it , i also have a hd docking bay so i could still access the drive,hope this helps.

ally9960, Oct 3, 2015
Thema:

1. Win10 Upgrade failed - Black Screen, no backup image - What next? - Similar Threads - Win10 Upgrade failed

2. Image Backup Failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Image Backup Failed: Got a message that my regular image backup failed. The reason was stated as"Windows Backup failed to get an exclusive lock on the EFI system partition ESP.This may happen if another application is using files on the ESP. Please retry the operation.Details: Access is denied."I...
  3. Image Backup Failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Image Backup Failed: Got a message that my regular image backup failed. The reason was stated as"Windows Backup failed to get an exclusive lock on the EFI system partition ESP.This may happen if another application is using files on the ESP. Please retry the operation.Details: Access is denied."I...
  4. Image Backup Failed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. image backup failed

image backup failed: while going for image backup , it is automatically selecting ""unmanned drive system"" along with c:/ drive and the error says "" one of the volumes specified for backup is invalid because it is either not a fixed drive ,is not formatted NTFS/ReFS,or is read only . To...
  6. My HDD running Win10 has failed. What next?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My HDD running Win10 has failed. What next?: I realize to some this is a really basic issue and fix. Please forgive me if this is not the sub for this question. I was running an HP laptop with windows 10 home. The hard drive has failed. I have an odor HP running windows seven and I would like to use that hard drive in...
  7. win10 backup failed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    win10 backup failed: [ATTACH] I have a picture error when I back up the win10 system. Figure 1 Figure 2 How should I solve it? Please give some suggestions, thank you. submitted by /u/ahongzhijun [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dw8d3f/win10_backup_failed/
  8. Image Backup Fail Win10 1903

Image Backup Fail Win10 1903: Hello: I have HP Desktop i7 16GB 3TB HD. I Have updated to Win10 P64Bit and decided to back up full image. My hard is divided in C & D. C has Operation System and D has documentation. I am using 3TB USB backup drive. Never problem earlier. This time I suddenly see the...
  9. system image backup failed

system image backup failed: I had a successful image backup a year ago. However, recently, when I tried to do image backup, it failed. Please see the attached file. It happened on version 1809. I checked history service and volume shadow copy service and both of them were on automatic and had started. I...
  10. Windows Image Backup failing

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Windows Image Backup failing: My wife's Samsung laptop gets a failure whenever trying to do an image backup. Actually, this has been happening for quite a while - even before she installed Windows 10 when she had W7. I was hoping that the problem would go away with W10 but it hasn't. Backup runs almost to...