Windows 10: Win10 upgrade on small SSD now problems with MS-programs and only MS.

Discus and support Win10 upgrade on small SSD now problems with MS-programs and only MS. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I already had some problems on my Windows 7 64-bit machine due to Windows being installed on a small SSD (128GB) - mainly that IE wasn't working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by tsjorgensen, Aug 22, 2016.

1. Win10 upgrade on small SSD now problems with MS-programs and only MS.

Hi,

I already had some problems on my Windows 7 64-bit machine due to Windows being installed on a small SSD (128GB) - mainly that IE wasn't working - but now after upgrading to Windows 10 it has expanded to a lot more MS-programs. (I have a second SSD drive of 512GB installed too.)

Excel takes a long time to start from the menu. If I start it by double-clicking an Excel-file after a long time it says "There was a problem sending the command to the program". If Excel is already open there's no problem, it opens the file fast. Word hasn't got the same problem and opens files quickly. Enabling or disabling HW acceleration had no effect.

Edge I can start but not get to open any webpage. Nothing happens when entering an address. And IE doens't start at all. (Firefox works fine). Edge dies if I try to open IE through it.

Outlook says "Could not install the custom actions. The form cache file "C:\....\FRMCACHE.DAT" is not valid. Contact your administrator" when I try to create a new email, but the forms file is present at the location and security good. Outlook otherwise it works though I did have security problems with not being allowed to send and receive emails.

The Store doesn't open. Just shows a blank page.

OneDrive doesn't work at all.

All my non-MS apps and programs works ironically fine without any problems with the upgrade.

:)

tsjorgensen, Aug 22, 2016
  2. Henry2015 Win User

Windows 10 Apps default location

I just noticed this issue on my PC that was upgraded from Win7 to Win10. Downloaded an app from the store and it loaded onto my small SSD boot drive. It is unacceptable that location of app download storage cannot be changed and I hope MS fixes this problem
    in the Win10 code or comes up with a work around solution. In the meantime, no more MS store apps. Disappointing.

Henry2015, Aug 22, 2016
  3. IrvS Win User
    unable to install windows 10, error code C1900101

My problem, same error installing to an SSD, has been 'traced' to the program I used to clone the SSD from W8.1 installation on a hard drive. Program is Paragon's Migrate OS to SSD 4.0. Paragon is now aware of the problem. I assume MS is as well. I can
    install W10 to the original hard drive that was cloned (I can boot either drive partition) to the SSD. Only problem I have is that the original C: on the hard drive is way out of date compared to the contents on the SSD. About the same as a clean install would
    be.

4. PiKo Win User

Win10 upgrade on small SSD now problems with MS-programs and only MS.

I already had some problems on my Windows 7 64-bit machine due to Windows being installed on a small SSD (128GB)

Assuming that your data are on a D drive, a 128 Gb SSD for Windows and programmes is more than enough.
    The volume needed for W10 plus programmes is around 30-35 Gb, which fits perfectly on a 128 Gb SSD.
    Your problems are of a different nature.

Thema:

Win10 upgrade on small SSD now problems with MS-programs and only MS.

1. Win10 upgrade on small SSD now problems with MS-programs and only MS. - Similar Threads - Win10 upgrade small

2. MS Store "OneDrive" now has Micro small Icons and text.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Store "OneDrive" now has Micro small Icons and text.: Icons and font in the version of OneDrive that was downloaded from MS Store were ok the day I installed it and for several weeks. Today the font and Icons are so small it is USELESS. How do I fix it?...
  3. MS Store "OneDrive" now has Micro small Icons and text.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Store "OneDrive" now has Micro small Icons and text.: Icons and font in the version of OneDrive that was downloaded from MS Store were ok the day I installed it and for several weeks. Today the font and Icons are so small it is USELESS. How do I fix it?...
  4. MS Licenses SKU for Win10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    MS Licenses SKU for Win10: Dear Sir,Please help me to suggest correct MS SKU if Customer wants to run Win10 Pro on VMware environment notVDI. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-licenses-sku-for-win10/adea875c-1478-4bfe-93dd-762bec946027
  5. Puzzles are too small in MS jigsaw

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Puzzles are too small in MS jigsaw: I really enjoy working puzzles on Microsoft Jigsaw. However - the puzzle it's self is tiny. I can enlarge the pieces, but the puzzle is always too small. I do NOT want to enlarge everything else on my screen so there needs to be a way just to enlarge theses puzzles. Carol...
  6. MS Store Error for Upgrading Win10 Home to Pro.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    MS Store Error for Upgrading Win10 Home to Pro.: [ATTACH] Microsoft Windows - what cause this error message? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-store-error-for-upgrading-win10-home-to-pro/3676f8f5-3f88-4230-a3cc-9ea34d225fec
  7. MS upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    MS upgrade: Hey gang anyone heard about this ?? Microsoft Confirms Massive Windows 10 Upgrade Changes Chuck 152617
  8. MS OneDrive Program necessary to run Win10? De-installation?

MS OneDrive Program necessary to run Win10? De-installation?: As far as I can see MS OneDrive is (oftentimes) pre-installed on Win10 systems. Can I uninstall this "Feature"/Program without affecting Win10? When I setup my Win10 computer I did NOT specify a MS account. I use just local accounts. Peter 136918
  9. MS Money 99 and Win10

MS Money 99 and Win10: Greetings, New to Win10 and this forum. I have read about some difficulty installing MS Money in Win10. Today I downloaded and installed Win10 (64 bit) and then tried to install MS Money 99 (basic). I assumed it would not install, but it did, easily, without any changes...
  10. Small SSD for large SSD for win10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Small SSD for large SSD for win10: So im selling one of my smaller ssd's 240GB and picking up a 1TB. Which drive would be better to install windows on? Not worried about drive speeds or anything like that. ive been told to keep it on a smaller SSD over a larger 1TB ssd. 82033