Windows 10: Win10 upgrade problem vs. graphics card

Discus and support Win10 upgrade problem vs. graphics card in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; About two years ago I built a Win10 computer, using an Asus M5A78L-MLE MB (I usually use ASRock MB). To my dismay, the on-board graphics weren't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by astronomer, Jan 23, 2018.

1. Win10 upgrade problem vs. graphics card

About two years ago I built a Win10 computer, using an Asus M5A78L-MLE MB (I usually use ASRock MB). To my dismay, the on-board graphics weren't working. I remembered I had an old (8-9 years?) XFX GeFORCE graphics card and I plugged it in and all seemed well.

Now suddenly I'm having a problem with a Win10 upgrade. For the past 5-6 days it's been downloading, installing, and then "attempting to reinstall previous version". I'm assuming the same upgrade is downloading over and over. And I'm really chewing up my Verizon data allotment. Could it be the graphics card?? I conclude I either have to rebuild completely, or buy a relatively low-end graphics card as an inexpensive experiment. Anyone have any ideas? The Update History doesn't show any failed upgrades over the past few days, which really puzzles me. Many thanks, David

:)

astronomer, Jan 23, 2018
  2. mueed98 Win User

Windows 10 black screen

I was upgrading from win8.1 to win10.During upgrade screen went black.Now i am again on win8.1.If i set Intel Hd graphics as default graphic card besides nvidia than the problem will be solved?????

mueed98, Jan 23, 2018
  3. code43 shown on the nvidia graphic card

i am using a nvidia gt630 graphic card, i upgrade all driver from nvidia website and try upgrade using windows 10, but it still show code 43 for my graphic card, my graphic work perfectly fine on win7 before i upgrade win10, i had no problem running win
    10 system, which is very fast and it is great, but this graphic card problem prevent me using many other app on the computer , how can i fix this?

SettingBreaker, Jan 23, 2018
  4. zbook New Member

Win10 upgrade problem vs. graphics card

Please upgrade the system specs in the "My Computer" section:

System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums:
    System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums Site Use Tutorials
    In the left corner below in your post you find 'My System Specs'.
    After clicking it you can find a link a little below that says 'Update your System Spec', click on this link to get to the page where you can fill in your system specs.
    System Info - See Your System Specs - Windows 7 Help Forums

Include PSU. cooler, case, peripherals and anything attached to the computer by wired or wireless (mouse, keyboard, headset, printer, xbox, etc.)

Run this version of the log collector and post a zip into this thread:
    log collector v2-beta08.zip

zbook, Jan 23, 2018
  5. zbook, thanks for the reminder to edit and update my system specs.... did that. I downloaded the log collector, and ran it, but don't really see how to get to it. I'll look into it. David

astronomer, Jan 23, 2018
  6. zbook New Member
    On this link are the main DM log collector and on the bottom is the beta log collector. The beta version is preferred if you can post a zip into the thread for troubleshooting. Depending on the computer environment one should place a folder on the desktop. Then zip it and post it into this thread.

Sometimes this commands fix problems and sometimes windows defender settings may need to be modified.
    1) Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste:
    2) sfc /scannow
    3) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    4) chkdsk /scan
    5) When these have completed > right click on the top bar or title bar of the administrative command prompt box > left click on edit then select all > right click on the top bar again > left click on edit then copy > paste into the thread

zbook, Jan 23, 2018
  7. I did install a new Asus PCI-Express graphics card, hoping to match up with the Asus motherboard. And this appears to have solved the update problem. The update that has been downloading over and over (!) downloaded again, but this time it appears to have installed properly. I should never have used an 'old' graphics card! David

astronomer, Jan 25, 2018
  8. zbook New Member

Nice work.
    If there are any future problems let us know.

zbook, Jan 25, 2018
  9. AddRAM Win User
    I think the Upgrade Adviser would have said something about the graphics card.

Next time you want to upgrade W10, just download the Iso file and run it from within windows, that way you don`t have to keep doing the download.

Change your specs *Wink

AddRAM, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Win10 upgrade problem vs. graphics card - Similar Threads - Win10 upgrade problem

2. Graphic card problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphic card problem: performed a new windows 10 install, now graphic card won't connect to smart tv or visa versa? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/graphic-card-problem/61eeab8f-eb6b-4581-8205-a1e379bc6c69
  3. problem on graphics card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    problem on graphics card: hello i hav a problem called "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. Code 39" and in my grapics card called "IntelR UHD Graphics" in windows 11 leaked...
  4. Graphic Card problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Graphic Card problems: I have been having problems in the past week making me unable to use my graphic card. I have been looking throughout posts and other websites and haven't been able to solve the issue. I'm very confused because I haven't had any problems with my GPU since I got 6 months ago. I...
  5. Win10 upgrade graphics problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 upgrade graphics problem: Hi, I started upgrade to win10 but at one moment I saw on monitor message: Not Optimum mode, recommended mode 1920x1200 60Hz, it is Samsung SyncMaster sa850. I thing this message is from monitor, so there are wrong settings on pc. I made restart, bios works, i can se part of...
  6. Win10 AMD Graphic Card Problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win10 AMD Graphic Card Problem: Hi, Last week, I wanted to enter some applications on my computer, I noticed that my graphic card driver is out of date. I tried to update AMD 's Radeon HD 3850 for but I saw that there is not a driver for Win 10. When I searched on the internet, I downloaded the following...
  7. Graphic Card problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Graphic Card problem: My problem is that update my graphics card in a fairly old computer, approximately 2010, then the screen went black, when the screen returned to show images the resolution changed to 1024 x 768, (I must clarify that my resolution was the most high left in windows 10), and I...
  8. Upgrade Graphic Card

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Upgrade Graphic Card: I'd like to upgrade my video card but am not to informed on which card to use. I have a Nvidia GeForce GT 610 and my power supply is 460 watts, any suggestions on what I could use would be greatly appreciated. Windows 10 Pro latest updates installed.*Smile 87549
  9. Upgraded Graphics card - Win10 Upgrade does not see it

Upgraded Graphics card - Win10 Upgrade does not see it: My old XPS700 could not be updated due to my old GeForce 7900 GT. I upgraded to a GeForce 8500 GT which Win 10 supports, but I cannot upgrade as the Win10 program still says I have the old graphics card. Anyone know how to get that program to recheck your system for the...
  10. Upgrading Graphics Card?

Upgrading Graphics Card?: So I just wanted to know if I could upgrade my graphics card without changing/upgrading anything else as well. I have a GeForce GT 610 currently, and switching it out for the GeForce gtx 750 ti or the 950. PROCESSOR: AMD Fx(tm)-4300 Quad-Core processor 3.8 GHz RAM: 16gb...