Windows 10: Win10 Upgrade stuck for third time

Discus and support Win10 Upgrade stuck for third time in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Looks to be stuck in a loop, at 32% overall, 6% at Installing features and drivers. Second attempt was left for overnight and nothing changed. Toshiba... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by steveg, Aug 7, 2015.

1. steveg Win User

Win10 Upgrade stuck for third time

Looks to be stuck in a loop, at 32% overall, 6% at Installing features and drivers. Second attempt was left for overnight and nothing changed. Toshiba L305-S5921 Laptop. Upgrading from Win 7 home. Had no trouble on my desktop or HP laptop.
    Any Ideas???

:)

steveg, Aug 7, 2015

2. Windows 10 november Upgrade 10.0.10586.11 stuck at 25%

Original Title: Win10-Upgrade 10.0.10586.11 stuck at 25%

Win10 tech preview Upgrade 10.0.10586.11 is stuck at 25%.

harikrishnanhkcu, Aug 7, 2015
  3. Intermittent BSOD DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

1. How long was the Win7 (Home or Pro) computer connected to the internet by the time you upgraded to Win10 on or about 15 November 2015?

2. Have you formatted the HDD since 15 November 2015?

3. What is "MB Utilities?"

PA Bear - MS MVP, Aug 7, 2015
  4. ejrdnjs85 Win User

try to remove your graphic driver
    first, remove catalyst control someting
    then remove your Graphic driver

and try to reinstall Win 10

I did it with this way

ejrdnjs85, Aug 8, 2015
  5. Try the update in Safe Mode.

teachermark, Aug 8, 2015
  6. steveg Win User
    Tried that and got shot down immediately.

steveg, Aug 9, 2015
  7. Dally Win User
    When I had this issue I unplugged everything off of the back (USB mouse, keyboard, speakers) and it finally got past the 32% mark, however take this with a grain of salt because now I have the nasty Error code: 0xC004C003 so Windows 10 wont activate. And this wasn't a clean install it was the upgrade.

Dally, Aug 9, 2015
  8. steveg Win User

As I understand it, you cannot do a clean install until you do the upgrade, unless you have a code to enter. Perhaps MIcrosoft should bypass messing with so many drivers and let stuff run in compatability mode until they get them all figured out. It seems Windows is always struggling with drivers.

steveg, Aug 9, 2015
  9. chrismine Win User
    I had a problem with a Toshiba laptop too. Running upgrade from USB failed. Successful with DVD. Same downloaded image though...

chrismine, Aug 9, 2015
  10. steveg Win User
    I have tried download, usb, and dvd. I have disabled so much stuff I forget half of it and still will not upgrade. Got to 53% today and then locked up.

steveg, Aug 10, 2015
  11. chrismine Win User
    Have you disconnected Internet connection?

chrismine, Aug 10, 2015
  12. If you upgrade using a USB or DVD, you don't need an Internet connection as the stuff you need is on the local media.

Mark Phelps, Aug 11, 2015
  13. steveg Win User

Yes, I have disconnected wireless and ethernet devices. Into about the 10th attempt now, still nothing seems to help. How do I unplug hardware on a laptop and not end up with extra parts. Getting very exasperating.

steveg, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Win10 Upgrade stuck for third time - Similar Threads - Win10 Upgrade stuck

2. Error 0x800703e6 - For the third time.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 0x800703e6 - For the third time.: So I've had my PC for 3 years now and in those 3 years I've had to fully reset/reinstall windows twice due to issues involving windows not updating. its the same issue every single time but I seriously refuse to have to reinstall windows for the third time because of this...
  3. Error 0x800703e6 - For the third time.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error 0x800703e6 - For the third time.: So I've had my PC for 3 years now and in those 3 years I've had to fully reset/reinstall windows twice due to issues involving windows not updating. its the same issue every single time but I seriously refuse to have to reinstall windows for the third time because of this...
  4. Error 0x800703e6 - For the third time.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Upgrade win7 to win10 stuck at loading updates at 46%

Upgrade win7 to win10 stuck at loading updates at 46%: When i started updating it goes well until it came to loading updates. It goes to 46% and it stuck. Help pls ASAP. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-win7-to-win10-stuck-at-loading-updates-at/7dc52354-1683-4beb-a331-039c50a9a4d7
  6. Problem logging-in - THIRD TIME.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Problem logging-in - THIRD TIME.: Yet more problems logging in just now. I first reported it on the 25th November in my thread https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problems-logging-in-just-now-windows-10/9dfad562-1691-4c9a-96fb-080ca4e108a0. That was resolved by a message in notifications...
  7. Win10 Upgrade to Pro Stuck at Getting things ready...

Win10 Upgrade to Pro Stuck at Getting things ready...: I purchased my laptop with Windows 10 Home already installed. I recently purchased the upgrade to Pro through the Microsoft Store App. The install process has now been running for at least ten days straight (I removed all power settings to put the computer to sleep so that...
  8. Time: Upgrade to Win10

Time: Upgrade to Win10: How long generally does it take to upgrade to Win10 from Win7. Does it depend on HD & Processor? I have an SSD and AMD Triple core 3.10GHz. Win7 is pretty new clean install about 1&1/2 weeks old. 40961
  9. win10 upgrade stuck at key request

win10 upgrade stuck at key request: I have three computers in family that were given upgrades on the win7 family plan. One was just informed it was eligible for win10 upgrade. I think I made the mistake of custom install (for a clean install) instead of an upgrade and, related to other problems with windows...
  10. Win10 upgrade keeps getting stuck at 86%

Win10 upgrade keeps getting stuck at 86%: Hi all, trying to upgrade my desktop (self-built) from Win7 to Win10 but it keeps getting stuck at 86% (configuring settings 46%). Since at that point there is no task manager or anything and my system has no hdd activity light it's hard to tell if anything is still...