Windows 10: win10 upgrade when owning multiple computers

Discus and support win10 upgrade when owning multiple computers in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'd like to try 10 on one of my computers. If I sign up for it on one of my computers, does it automatically download to all my computers? Programs I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mg8t7gn, Aug 28, 2015.

1. mg8t7gn Win User

win10 upgrade when owning multiple computers

I'd like to try 10 on one of my computers. If I sign up for it on one of my computers, does it automatically download to all my computers? Programs I use from GM are not supported for 10, so i need to keep all my laptops on 7. I'm willing to gamble with 10 one my garage computer. Thanks.

:)

mg8t7gn, Aug 28, 2015

2. Windows Defender Offline

1a. Did you manually upgrade from Win8.1 to Win10 "when it first came out" or did you format the HDD and then install Win10 from scratch?

1b. Was the upgrade to Win10 ever offered via Windows Update by the time you did a "clean install of WIN10 when if first came out?"

2. Can you restart the computer in Safe Mode? ...and if so, lemme know what Win10 Version & OS Build you're running (e.g., Win10 1703 OS Build 15063.456)?

[Between you & me, this is the first time I've ever seen a Win10 user state that Defender Offline started scanning on its own.]

PA Bear - MS MVP, Aug 28, 2015
  3. Torikiro Win User
    Flashing screen after upgrading to Windows 10

I upgraded from Win 7 to Win10 and my computer is hung.

My computer reaches the Win10 welcome screen (looking at ocean from a cove) normally.

When I log in, it reaches my home screen which blinks with mouse pointer a 'busy' blue circle.

Task manager does not allow me to end processes (at my own risk) like Win7.

How do I repair Win10?

How do I revert to Win7?

Torikiro, Aug 28, 2015
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

You have to upgrade each computer individually. Windows 10 won't just spread from computer to computer......yet.

NavyLCDR, Aug 28, 2015
  5. mg8t7gn Win User
    Thanks. Dealing with General Motors is a PITA. Seems every week I need to update java so their programs run.

mg8t7gn, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. win10 upgrade when owning multiple computers - Similar Threads - win10 upgrade owning

2. Upgrading old Windows computer to Win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrading old Windows computer to Win10: When I thought my ASUS laptop began having problem after problem, I purchased a new Dell laptop on QVC. Then my brother-in-law repaired my ASUS so I stuck with it totally forgetting about the Dell. Crazy, I know. Then a month ago the ASUS finally died, and I dug out the QVC...
  3. upgraded my computer to win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgraded my computer to win10: upgraded my computer to win10 now it so lags it sucks wont load drivers for 5 min. after a restart so slow hardware 32gig ram and 1t harddrive, amd processor of 4600hz why is this loading so slow?...
  4. Multiple issues after upgrading from win10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple issues after upgrading from win10: Some installed programs only open a black window, start menu doesn't open, windows defender instacrashes, I can't give administrator permission to actions that require it, restore windows doesn't work, the settings program crashes easily, when I switch on the pc a blue and...
  5. After Win10 upgrade now the computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    After Win10 upgrade now the computer: After upgrading my Desktop PC to Windows 10 Pro I decided to upgrade a few things on my self build desktop box. I had an old GSkull SSD 120GB as C: running just OS and some programs.I bought a new Samsung EVO 860 SSD 250GB drive for $49. The Samsung Migration software worked...
  6. How to get multiple win10's for multiple computers?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to get multiple win10's for multiple computers?: I have reserved my copy of win10 for my main computer, I have 3 other computers that I want to upgrade as well, do I have to download win10 four different times for the four computers? Thanks TC 6578
  7. Multiple daily BSOD since Upgrade to Win10

Multiple daily BSOD since Upgrade to Win10: Hi, I am losing my mind and have run out of places to check for help, so hoping someone here can assist: I installed Win 10 on 8/8. Since then receiving the same 2 BSOD multiple times every day, but no indication as to the cause. I have updated every driver I can think...
  8. Multiple BSOD codes in a week; after Win10 upgrade

Multiple BSOD codes in a week; after Win10 upgrade: Hi, I have recently upgraded from Win8 to Win10 (clean install, kept only the non-system data partition). While running Win8 it may have crashed once or twice in the past year, but nothing major. Since installing Win10 about a week ago, I've had like 6 BSOD's of varying...
  9. can win10 settings be synced on multiple computers

in Windows 10 Support
    can win10 settings be synced on multiple computers: I have win10 running beautifully after hours of configuring on my main computer, now I want to put win10 on 2 of my 3 other computers, is there a way to sync win10 so I don't have to spend additional hours configuring the other two computers like the first one? Thanks TC...
  10. (clean) Win10 Free Upgrade: Multiple systems?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    (clean) Win10 Free Upgrade: Multiple systems?: We have ~40 Windows 8.1 Pro OEM workstations, which should qualify for the free upgrade to Windows 10. However, I do not wish to do an upgrade. I would much rather re-image their disks. (All user data is stored in roaming profiles, and we have software to automate...