Windows 10: Win10 will not Install due to Guest Account

Discus and support Win10 will not Install due to Guest Account in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Personally I HATE Win10 because at best it is just an advertising platform and at worst it is Spyware. I ended up creating a dual boot system with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by tenfan, Jul 10, 2016.

1. tenfan Win User

Win10 will not Install due to Guest Account

Personally I HATE Win10 because at best it is just an advertising platform and at worst it is Spyware.

I ended up creating a dual boot system with Win7 and Win10, but I hardly ever use Win10.

So, a friend asked me to upgrade their Laptop, at first I was amazed I mean most people complain because of the GFX nagware automatically installing it, so I took a look.

I clicked on the upgrade this PC nagware app and it said the Laptop could not be upgraded, it had a Report so I clicked it, everything was OK, memory, CPU, Hard Disk, all of it fine. The only thing there was a problem with was that there had been a Guest Account (I disabled it and deleted profile as part of a clean up before upgrading)

This is the error

Win10 will not Install due to Guest Account [​IMG]

I created a a Win10 ISO thinking I could do it offline but it would not fit on a DVD and I have no USB keys.

Any ideas on how to make the thing upgrade?

:)

tenfan, Jul 10, 2016
  2. LEEFH33 Win User

How to get files from guest user account in Windows 10.

Original Title: Guest Account Folders are Lost

Before update to WIN10, my pc other user saved some files and folders using Guest Account Log-in.

After WIN10 update, Guest Account could no longer be found.

Anyone knows how to retrieve all those files / folders under Guest Account ?

I believe they are still inside my pc, but I don't know to get them back.

WIN10 is now a pain........after update.

LEEFH33, Jul 10, 2016
  3. MGJ_048 Win User
    Query on Windows 10 and guest accounts

I have tried all three approaches and while I could enable the administrator account, I still can't see the Guest account in win10 Home. I have a new HP Notebook with an original install of Win10 Home (not an upgrade from Win 7or 8.)

There has to be a way to enable a guest account and I would appreciate any suggestions.

Michael

MGJ_048, Jul 10, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Download the ISO file onto the computer to be upgraded. Mount it, run setup.exe from inside the mounted ISO file.

NavyLCDR, Jul 10, 2016
Thema:

1. Win10 will not Install due to Guest Account - Similar Threads - Win10 Install due

2. Guest Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Guest Account: How do I create a solo "Guest Acct" where I have family or friends can use it openly? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/guest-account/4b142ba3-7cb0-4129-8118-55938015394d
  3. Guest account

Guest account: How do I add a guest account? The activate user command syntax given in a 2015 response is not correct. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/guest-account/53ac58a3-2342-4cd5-a6ea-391734922c21
  4. Deleting a guest account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Deleting a guest account: How do I delete a Guest account in Win10 when it doesn't appear on the account settings list? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-a-guest-account/f7516208-54fb-4f8c-bc0e-9127d90c6594"
  5. Guest account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Guest account: How so I add a Guest account to my PC? When I go through Settings/Accounts/Other People, I get the message that I can't use a "snapin" with this edition of Windows 10, and that I must use the User Accounts too in the Control Panel. When I try that, it simply opens the...
  6. Guest Account

Guest Account: Recently I did a reset of my computer. It activated an inbuilt Guest Account. The account is not working properly. The start and search buttons are not responsive. It works fine in my own admin account and another ordinary account I created. How do I disable the inbuilt...
  7. Guest account

Guest account: I asked this before but was unable to view any replies. My friend has a small business. He allows patrons to use his computer. Someone goes into settings and turns off the security and updates. How do I make an admin account for him with a password, and then make an open...
  8. Guest account

Guest account: My friend has a small business. He has a computer (Windows 10) that he often lets patrons use. Someone changes his settings and turns off security. I'd like to help stop this problem. Can I set him up an account as admin with a password, then set up a guest account with no...
  9. Guest account

Guest account: How do I enable the guest account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/guest-account/b9b128b8-31bb-4c65-99b7-77d4e23190f1"
  10. Add Guest Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Add Guest Account: How to add guest account that don't need password at startup, can somebody tell me?? 28594