Windows 10: win10 will not load

Discus and support win10 will not load in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have had no problems with win10 for 3 months, then 3 days ago I could not get to the start page, I can only go to "desktop" I can use some of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by photoace1, Nov 26, 2015.

1. photoace1 Win User

win10 will not load

I have had no problems with win10 for 3 months, then 3 days ago I could not get to the start page, I can only go to "desktop"
    I can use some of the apps on the taskbar, but the internet is disconnected, but under "wifi" I am connected to the router?
    I was on the chat line at Microsoft support for 2 hrs, they could not cure it. so I downloaded win10 to a dvd and did a clean install, but its the same??????HELP

:)

photoace1, Nov 26, 2015
  2. Funkyecat Win User

In Win10 the Windows Update will not load

No longer need, I found a program 'tweaking.com_windows_repair_aio_setup' which fixed the problem.

Thanx

Funkyecat, Nov 26, 2015
  3. Funkyecat Win User
    In Win10 the Windows Update will not load

In Win10 when I go to settings and select Windows Update, all I see is a series of grey dots going across the top.

I tried rebooting and using the troubleshooter.

Funkyecat, Nov 26, 2015
  4. dalchina New Member

win10 will not load

Hi, it sounds like you have a problem with ethernet, but your WiFi works.
    Not sure quite what you mean by "I could not get to the start page" - do you mean you could not launch the Win 10 start menu?

Noted you have done a clean install.

Ethernet:
    - hardware problem?
    - I might have suggested a driver issue in an update- which would probably be unusual for such a driver (usually graphics or sound drivers present problems e.g.) but you've tried a clean install.
    Have you tried right clicking the internet icon in the system tray (task bar) and 'Troubleshoot Problems'?

Start menu etc
    When you did the clean install, did you accept updates or did you install exactly what was on your installation medium?

If you accepted updates to be applied during the installation, that might explain what what you see now is what you had- problem.
    If your installation medium is build 10240 (the 'RTM' build), try again, but without updates.

And before trying, run chkdsk on your C drive/partition just to be sure.

dalchina, Nov 28, 2015
  5. photoace1 Win User
    Hi. Thanks I cannot get to START window, on thursday I contacted MS support, 90 min with techie, nothing worked, on Friday I had 60 minx with techie,he told me to download win 10 again, no good. On Saturday I went onto MS SUPPORT at 7 am, I had 8 techies try to solve it over 9 hours, during that time the did 3 remote sessions on the PC and 2 clean installs, I then gave anther go this time with USA techies, he did find out what he thought had happened but did not get chance to do anything as a voice on telephone that the session had to end as they close at 3pm, that left me high & dry, I am really getting angry that MS cannot sort out a product they make, thanks for replying

photoace1, Nov 28, 2015
  6. dalchina New Member
    Please describe exactly what happens and post a screenshot of your desktop.
    What happens if you press Win key + X? (you should get a popup menu including Disk Management, Control Panel etc etc)

What happens if you press Win key + S? (you should get a Cortana popup. Please post a screenshot of that.

Is Location on? Please open the action centre (icon in the system tray) - a side bar should appear on the right- Location at the bottom. The tile will be coloured if it is on.

Please read thru this and see if anything helps.
    Start Menu is not working - Windows 10 Forums

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

win10 will not load

1. win10 will not load - Similar Threads - win10 load

2. Win10, v22H2 Update, Oct 2023, KB5031356, failed load: KERNELBASE.dll exception error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10, v22H2 Update, Oct 2023, KB5031356, failed load: KERNELBASE.dll exception error: Recent KB5031356 update attempted, but Blue Screen. Win10, v22H2 is on my PC laptop. Win Event Viewer Log shows: Faulting application name: DllHost.exe, version: 10.0.19041.546, time stamp: 0xf25621f0Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.3324, time stamp:...
  3. Win10, v22H2 Update, Oct 2023, KB5031356, failed load: KERNELBASE.dll exception error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10, v22H2 Update, Oct 2023, KB5031356, failed load: KERNELBASE.dll exception error: Recent KB5031356 update attempted, but Blue Screen. Win10, v22H2 is on my PC laptop. Win Event Viewer Log shows: Faulting application name: DllHost.exe, version: 10.0.19041.546, time stamp: 0xf25621f0Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.3324, time stamp:...
  4. Win10, v22H2 Update, Oct 2023, KB5031356, failed load: KERNELBASE.dll exception error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Win10: Is it normal for a browser not to load if you started it but continued on in another...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10: Is it normal for a browser not to load if you started it but continued on in another...: I notice that in Win10 when I load a browser sometimes the page isn't loaded when I first go to it. It's had plenty of time to load. As soon as I got to it it loads. Is there some way of controlling this? Obviously we want pages to load in browsers when the browser starts and...
  6. Win10: Is it normal for a browser not to load if you started it but continued on in another...

Win10: Is it normal for a browser not to load if you started it but continued on in another...: I notice that in Win10 when I load a browser sometimes the page isn't loaded when I first go to it. It's had plenty of time to load. As soon as I got to it it loads. Is there some way of controlling this? Obviously we want pages to load in browsers when the browser starts and...
  7. Win10: Is it normal for a browser not to load if you started it but continued on in another...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. My win10 somehow freeze after network reset, but still load into the desktop and everything...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My win10 somehow freeze after network reset, but still load into the desktop and everything...: Sol, since few days ago my laptop somehow would lose connection and when i try to find anything on the internet it would say DNS not responding. And i did find how to fix those with network reset, but unfortunately its not like a permanent fix and the problem would occur...
  9. My win10 somehow freeze after network reset, but still load into the desktop and everything...

My win10 somehow freeze after network reset, but still load into the desktop and everything...: Sol, since few days ago my laptop somehow would lose connection and when i try to find anything on the internet it would say DNS not responding. And i did find how to fix those with network reset, but unfortunately its not like a permanent fix and the problem would occur...
  10. My win10 somehow freeze after network reset, but still load into the desktop and everything...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging