Windows 10: Win10 won't connect to 2012 server with rdp

Discus and support Win10 won't connect to 2012 server with rdp in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; One of the office computers I have running windows 10 Pro stopped connecting to 1 of our 2012Server using remote desktop connection (RDP). It will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Alscomp, Oct 7, 2016.

1. Alscomp Win User

Win10 won't connect to 2012 server with rdp

One of the office computers I have running windows 10 Pro stopped connecting to 1 of our 2012Server using remote desktop connection (RDP). It will connect or other 2012 servers at different locations using different IP Addresses I have disabled the Firewall, Turned off Antivirus, and yes, I have rebooted the PC. Also the User account and password do work if I login to the Remote Server from another PC in the Same office, So it is a Problem with the Win10 PC. I Changed the Network group from Public to Private, still no go. It acts like it just wont connect just that one remote IP server address, all the other remote server I try to connect to work just fine. Is there a file that needed to be Updated, or cache that needs flushed? This happened after the w10 update, but again I dont want to remove all updates, as this connection problem is only giving me trouble on 1 server connection.*Think

:)

Alscomp, Oct 7, 2016
  2. Rudolfos0 Win User

Slow remote desktop after windows 10 updates

I can't even use UDP.. I have enabled all settings but it doesn't show that UDP is enabled in conn. info box...

I have win10 anniversary update

RDP computer has windows server 2012 r2

Rudolfos0, Oct 7, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Remote Connection: Remote taskbar not visible - new quirk

Actually SilvertonOregon's issue was very accurately described.

When a remote desktop connection is made from a Windows 10 computer, the resulting RDP screen shows the remote but with the local taskbar.

For instance, when I connect to one of our Windows 2012 servers, I see the server screen but with my Win10 taskbar.

The issue is new and probably caused by some Win10 update that 'came in' lately.

The following screenshot show the IIS manager of the server and the taskbar of my local Win10 workstation.

T
    Win10 won't connect to 2012 server with rdp [​IMG]

Michael Kaz, Oct 7, 2016
  4. EdTittel Win User

When RDP gets flaky like this, I find that going into System, Remote Settings, and then toggling the radio button for Remote Desktop often helps. That is, you'll click the radio button to "don't allow" then click apply, then click the radio button to "allow remote connections," then click apply again.

Win10 won't connect to 2012 server with rdp [​IMG]

Don't ask me why, but it has restored RDP capability to me several times recently on both the Current Branch and on Insider Preview editions of Windows 10. Perhaps it might help you as well?

Here's hoping so!
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Oct 7, 2016
  5. Alscomp Win User
    Ok so after trying about every fix and patch, it ended up being a problem with the CISCO E1500 WLS Routers, I reset it back to factory defaults and then re-connected all the computers in the office and the problem with connecting to the Problem 2012 Server's IP went through just fine.

Alscomp, Oct 11, 2016
  6. EdTittel Win User
    Glad you not only found a fix, but shared it with the rest of us. Good work!
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Win10 won't connect to 2012 server with rdp - Similar Threads - Win10 won't connect

2. Unable to connect RDP for particular server

in Cortana
    Unable to connect RDP for particular server: Hi Support I'm getting following error while connecting to one particual server and not all server The remote session was disconnected because there are no remote desktop client access license available for this computer I tried to delete the Mslicense Dword from...
  3. Win10 Pro - Hyper-V hosting a Server 2012 R2 Server + Gaming on Host?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Win10 Pro - Hyper-V hosting a Server 2012 R2 Server + Gaming on Host?: Hi, I run a home server for Hosting file shares, a Plex server, an LMS Squeezebox server, and Ubiquiti management server. The hardware is about 8 years old and I`m looking to upgrade. One thing I would like to do is some VR gaming (Elite Dangerous specifically) and I`m...
  4. Win10 Pro - Hyper-V hosting a Server 2012 R2 Server + Gaming on Host?

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 Pro - Hyper-V hosting a Server 2012 R2 Server + Gaming on Host?: Hi, I run a home server for Hosting file shares, a Plex server, an LMS Squeezebox server, and Ubiquiti management server. The hardware is about 8 years old and I`m looking to upgrade. One thing I would like to do is some VR gaming (Elite Dangerous specifically) and I`m...
  5. printing issue in Redircted printer in RDP server 2012 r2

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    printing issue in Redircted printer in RDP server 2012 r2: host os -windows 10 printer-hp laserjet 1020 printing issue in Redircted printer in RDP server 2012 r2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printing-issue-in-redircted-printer-in-rdp-server/f636f84d-ceab-41c2-bcd0-8dc3acbdeb43
  6. Server 2012 question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Server 2012 question: I have a computer running windows 10, the upgraded version from 8. It has a windows server 2012 R2 running on it and I would like to do a reinstall for the windows 10 to clean up my system but how do I get the 2012 R2 back on there? As far as I know I do not have a disc for...
  7. Server 2012 & Remote Server Admin Tools

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Server 2012 & Remote Server Admin Tools: I'm trying to install RAST for Server 2012r2. The first time I ran it it installed KB2693643 but after that nothing happens. I restarted, went to Programs & Features, Turn Windows features on or off and RSAT is not there. I tried boot to safe mode with networking as this has...
  8. rdp license server

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    rdp license server: Hello , i would like to know how to reactive rdp license server for windows server 2012 R2. I just deleted : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSLicensing ) but with out result. 88985
  9. RDP to Headless Media Server

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RDP to Headless Media Server: Not sure which area of the forum to post this, and thought the networking was probably the most relevant. I've built a home media server using a little AMD 5350 on a mini ITX board. I installed Windows 10 on it this week as I couldn't get my head around Linux at all....
  10. Stuck on server 2012 screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Stuck on server 2012 screen: I purchases comp p.c. from flee market when startup, goes to windows sever 2012 screen and askes for admin ,userand password.in russian, ive set my info in bias screen,and can enter that way but cant get past or remove problem ,im green as far as computersgo and anyhelp...