Windows 10: Win10 won't connect to 2012 server with rdp

Discus and support Win10 won't connect to 2012 server with rdp in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; One of the office computers I have running windows 10 Pro stopped connecting to 1 of our 2012Server using remote desktop connection (RDP). It will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Alscomp, Oct 7, 2016.

1. Alscomp Win User

Win10 won't connect to 2012 server with rdp

One of the office computers I have running windows 10 Pro stopped connecting to 1 of our 2012Server using remote desktop connection (RDP). It will connect or other 2012 servers at different locations using different IP Addresses I have disabled the Firewall, Turned off Antivirus, and yes, I have rebooted the PC. Also the User account and password do work if I login to the Remote Server from another PC in the Same office, So it is a Problem with the Win10 PC. I Changed the Network group from Public to Private, still no go. It acts like it just wont connect just that one remote IP server address, all the other remote server I try to connect to work just fine. Is there a file that needed to be Updated, or cache that needs flushed? This happened after the w10 update, but again I dont want to remove all updates, as this connection problem is only giving me trouble on 1 server connection.*Think

:)

Alscomp, Oct 7, 2016
  2. Rudolfos0 Win User

Slow remote desktop after windows 10 updates

I can't even use UDP.. I have enabled all settings but it doesn't show that UDP is enabled in conn. info box...

I have win10 anniversary update

RDP computer has windows server 2012 r2

Rudolfos0, Oct 7, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Remote Connection: Remote taskbar not visible - new quirk

Actually SilvertonOregon's issue was very accurately described.

When a remote desktop connection is made from a Windows 10 computer, the resulting RDP screen shows the remote but with the local taskbar.

For instance, when I connect to one of our Windows 2012 servers, I see the server screen but with my Win10 taskbar.

The issue is new and probably caused by some Win10 update that 'came in' lately.

The following screenshot show the IIS manager of the server and the taskbar of my local Win10 workstation.

T
    Win10 won't connect to 2012 server with rdp [​IMG]

Michael Kaz, Oct 7, 2016
  4. EdTittel Win User

When RDP gets flaky like this, I find that going into System, Remote Settings, and then toggling the radio button for Remote Desktop often helps. That is, you'll click the radio button to "don't allow" then click apply, then click the radio button to "allow remote connections," then click apply again.

Win10 won't connect to 2012 server with rdp [​IMG]

Don't ask me why, but it has restored RDP capability to me several times recently on both the Current Branch and on Insider Preview editions of Windows 10. Perhaps it might help you as well?

Here's hoping so!
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Oct 7, 2016
  5. Alscomp Win User
    Ok so after trying about every fix and patch, it ended up being a problem with the CISCO E1500 WLS Routers, I reset it back to factory defaults and then re-connected all the computers in the office and the problem with connecting to the Problem 2012 Server's IP went through just fine.

Alscomp, Oct 11, 2016
  6. EdTittel Win User
    Glad you not only found a fix, but shared it with the rest of us. Good work!
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Win10 won't connect to 2012 server with rdp - Similar Threads - Win10 won't connect

2. RDP connection win10 -> win11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RDP connection win10 -> win11: Hello,I am trying to connect from one laptop win10 to another one win11 in the same wi-fi, over RDP, but I'm keep getting the "Your credentials did not work" message.1. I enabled Remote Desktop connection on my target laptop the one with win 11 and allowed remote connection...
  3. RDP connection win10 -> win11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RDP connection win10 -> win11: Hello,I am trying to connect from one laptop win10 to another one win11 in the same wi-fi, over RDP, but I'm keep getting the "Your credentials did not work" message.1. I enabled Remote Desktop connection on my target laptop the one with win 11 and allowed remote connection...
  4. Find computernames connected to a RDP server

Find computernames connected to a RDP server: Hello,On a Windows Server 2019 i'm looking for solution to export or display the computer name of every RDP connexions.The aim is to revoke some TSE licence by host.Thanks Thom...
  5. Unable to connect Server With RDP connection

Unable to connect Server With RDP connection: Hi, I am using windows 11, and Sever is Server 2008 R2. From day before yesterday everything was working fine. Yesterday I take remote of that server it Show Error and even ping was stopped too. So I Just restart My PC and issue resolved.Now again today is same scenario, but...
  6. Unable to connect Server With RDP connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to connect Server With RDP connection: Hi, I am using windows 11, and Sever is Server 2008 R2. From day before yesterday everything was working fine. Yesterday I take remote of that server it Show Error and even ping was stopped too. So I Just restart My PC and issue resolved.Now again today is same scenario, but...
  7. RDP Won't Connect

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    RDP Won't Connect: Hi, I'm trying to RDP into my office computer from the other room, and like most other Microsoft tech, it doesn't work. RDP is enabled on the target computer. My account is a local account, and the only one I listed on that computer, thus an admin. I did connect my Microsoft...
  8. Windows Server 2012 - RDP Login Stuck at Please Wait

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Server 2012 - RDP Login Stuck at Please Wait: I have search the internet and this has hits over and over and over for years. Is there no solution to this. How the **** is windows still this shittty and unreliabile. HOW....
  9. Windows Server 2012 - RDP Login Stuck at Please Wait

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Server 2012 - RDP Login Stuck at Please Wait: I have search the internet and this has hits over and over and over for years. Is there no solution to this. How the **** is windows still this shittty and unreliabile. HOW....
  10. printing issue in Redircted printer in RDP server 2012 r2

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    printing issue in Redircted printer in RDP server 2012 r2: host os -windows 10 printer-hp laserjet 1020 printing issue in Redircted printer in RDP server 2012 r2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printing-issue-in-redircted-printer-in-rdp-server/f636f84d-ceab-41c2-bcd0-8dc3acbdeb43