Windows 10: Win10 won´t install/update apps on Sdcard anymore (0x8007000b)

Discus and support Win10 won´t install/update apps on Sdcard anymore (0x8007000b) in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; EDIT: I uninstalled KB4025342 update and it works again I have a notebook with 32 GB SSD running Win10 creators update. Installing or updating any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by evildog1, Jul 12, 2017.

1. evildog1 Win User

Win10 won´t install/update apps on Sdcard anymore (0x8007000b)

EDIT: I uninstalled KB4025342 update and it works again

I have a notebook with 32 GB SSD running Win10 creators update. Installing or updating any apps and games to Sdcard was working perfectly until now. Store fails to install or update with an error code (0x8007000b). I searched the internet and few peoples already report this issue today. The only solution is install apps in internal storage (C drive). I dont have much space left so it is a no no for me.

Windows got updated yesterday (KB4025342). im really sure it breaks the Window store installation system

100%x​

:)

evildog1, Jul 12, 2017
  2. HelpWin10 Win User

KB4025342 update prevents Store from installing/updating apps on sdcard (0x8007000b)

Unfortunately, I already uninstalled the the security update and turned the wifi into metered connection to prevent updates.

I have steps that is easy to reproduce:

1. Update your PC to the latest version including KB4025342 and reboot again after update finished.

2. Have a SDcard or external disk. Format it to the filesystem you like.

3. Open PC Settings -> System -> Storage

4. There is a blue text that says "Change where new content is saved". Click on it

5. Change storage to SDcard or external disk for apps

6. Open Store and download any apps or games. Better download apps that you never downloaded before

Win10 won´t install/update apps on Sdcard anymore (0x8007000b) [​IMG]

HelpWin10, Jul 12, 2017
  3. HelpWin10 Win User
    KB4025342 update prevents Store from installing/updating apps on sdcard (0x8007000b)

I have a notebook with 32 GB SSD running Win10 creators update. Installing or updating any apps and games to Sdcard was working perfectly for 7 months until Windows installed KB4025342 update. Store fails to install or update apps on
    sdcard with an error code (0x8007000b). I can still install apps in internal storage (C drive) but I dont have much space left

The only way to fix is uninstall KB4025342 update from your PC

Some peoples reported same issue on their Windows Phone. Source,
    and Source

Please fix Microsoft

HelpWin10, Jul 12, 2017
  4. alexk207 Win User

How big is the SD card that your trying to update apps?

alexk207, Jul 25, 2017
  5. Berton Win User
    I've had problems with Tablets having only a 32GB drive but they have a slot for a MicroSDXC card like used in smartphones so I get a 64GB and just leave it plugged in, becomes drive D: and I save most downloads to it as well as installing programs using Custom and changing the drive location to D: and the programs name. The Internet browsers I use have a choice in Options or Preferences to point to that drive and a Folder for things. Win10 can even allow changing the location of such files as Documents, Downloads, Music, Videos, etc. I think I recall a Tutorial on this forum about doing it.

Dell Venue 8 8"
    Trio 10" 2-in-1
    Dell Inspiron 11 3000 2-in-1 11"

Berton, Jul 25, 2017
  6. thank you very much, I was this problem and can't fix long time. I follow you to uninstall KB4025342 is working. I can't understand why microsoft release rubbish patch to end user and not fix this ERROR over 2 week ago after report to them.

mephistsiu, Jul 27, 2017
  7. pjc123 Win User
    I was also having this problem, but it was fixed today with a subsequent Cumulative Update (KB4032188). Note I did not remove KB4025342 as I didn't want to create other problems and was just waiting for a fix. I rarely use the App Store anyway and wasn't in a rush.

pjc123, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Win10 won´t install/update apps on Sdcard anymore (0x8007000b) - Similar Threads - Win10 won´t install

2. PC Health Check app won´t open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Health Check app won´t open: Every time i want to start the app, it shows the windows on the pictures for one second but nothing happens. Yesterday it worked fine. Tried to uninstall and reinstall but nothing helps. Any ideas?My system:Windows 10 Pro 20H216 gb RamAMD Ryzen 5 2600A320M-S2H...
  3. Taskbar won´t hide

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar won´t hide: Hello, fellow Microsoft-Users,I've been a satisfied user of the platforms of Microsoft. Unfortunately something went wrong with my taskbar, cause if I moved the mouse on it, the cursor had a loading-circle, then the screen made a re-calibration-like sequence and it came back...
  4. Camera won´t work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera won´t work: Hi, I can´t get my camera to record or take pictures. It doesn´t work in the camera app nor in Google Meet - the light next to the camera is on, but the screen just shows a crossed out camera.. I´ve tried restarting the camera app, and uninstalling and reinstalling it +...
  5. Applications won`t maximize

Applications won`t maximize: Following a W10 update, applications only open as minimised on the taskbar and won`t maximize. I have tried closing them minimised but no good. Can anyone help ? thanks...
  6. minecraft launcher won`t launch

in Windows 10 Customization
    minecraft launcher won`t launch: when i launch minecraft launcer it comes up that it`s updating java runtime environment, and then it just says "Unable to update Minecraft Runtime Environment"....
  7. battery won"t charge

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    battery won"t charge: Lap top has been sitting a while and not used. When get got it out and started to charge everything seemed fine. However, I was hooked up to the charging cable. When I shut down the computer and later tried to turn on, there was no charge on lap top. I'm not sure what to...
  8. Facebook won`t load properly

Facebook won`t load properly: I switched off my laptop manually as it froze, was on Facebook at the time and now Facebook will not load properly, cannot access any games or comment on any posts - HELP...
  9. Laptop won`t sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop won`t sleep: Hi everyone, I´ve had a problem with my laptop over the last couple of weeks. When I select sleep on the start menu, the only thing the laptop does is turn the screen off. If I move the mouse or touch a key the screen turns back on as if nothing happened (even the start menu...
  10. WIN10 won´t install due to incompatible software

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WIN10 won´t install due to incompatible software: I have a HP desktop, Compaq 8200 Elite SFF. Tried to install WIN10, however, I get the message that I have to uninstall HP Protect Tools Security Manager first, before proceeding with WIN10 installation, because it is incompatible with WIN10. The problem is that the HP...