Windows 10: Win10_Pro_15031 won't boot with "UEFI" selected in Asus Bios

Discus and support Win10_Pro_15031 won't boot with "UEFI" selected in Asus Bios in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a home built desktop with an Asus Maximus V Gene mob with a Intel 3570k CPU running UEFI on Win 10 Pro 15031 preview. All updates have been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jm44jg39, Feb 20, 2017.

1. jm44jg39 Win User

Win10_Pro_15031 won't boot with "UEFI" selected in Asus Bios

I have a home built desktop with an Asus Maximus V Gene mob with a Intel 3570k CPU running UEFI on Win 10 Pro 15031 preview. All updates have been applied and I have the latest BIOS from Asus.
    I have 3 SSD's, each with a separate OS: (1) Win 7 HP 64 bit (2) Win 10 Pro (upgrade from Win 8.1 Pro) (3) Win 10 Pro 64 bit Insider Preview 15031. I recently reinstalled all 3 OS with the UEFI interface. SSD's are all GPT. All boot and run well.
    My concern is when running Win 10 15031 preview I can not boot if the "Secure Boot" (in the BIOS) is in the UEFI mode. When I change to "Other OS" the boot is ok. CSM is in the UEFI mode. When I do attempt to boot with "UEFI" selected in the BIOS I get a black/DOS screen with a message I need to repair my system. There is a message "Error code 0xc0000428" and "The digital sig for this file couldn't be found." I installed and ran the MS tool "Sigverif.exe" and it shows all files ok. Since I am running a beta/preview I do not have a DISM Restore Health available. SFC/ Scannow shows no faults.*Mad

:)

jm44jg39, Feb 20, 2017

2. Windows 10 install fail 0x80070020 - 0x2000A ... SAFE_OS phase ... PREPARE_FIRST_BOOT operation

Trying to install win 10 came out this error, "0x80071AA8 – 0x2000A .... prepare first boot". An expert suggested me to open BIOS for setting "UEFI BOOT" "ENABLED". Done, and all works right, no more error. My notebook: Asus X54H.

GianniPulito, Feb 20, 2017
  3. maxelcat Win User
    windows 10 wont start - checking media fail

I have a 'secure boot mode'

Not sure I can find 'boot order' - is this it?

I found:

Boot mode is set to UEFI Secure boot on

then

UEFI BOOT:

UEFI onboard LAN IPv4

UEFI onboard LAN IPv6

Other options

:

:

thanks

maxelcat, Feb 20, 2017
Thema:

Win10_Pro_15031 won't boot with "UEFI" selected in Asus Bios

1. Win10_Pro_15031 won't boot with "UEFI" selected in Asus Bios - Similar Threads - Win10_Pro_15031 won't boot

2. UEFI boot entry in BIOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UEFI boot entry in BIOS: Dell Inspiron 15 3515 Windows 10.In my Inspiron I have two internal SSDs, one came as standard and is 125 GB and I added my own 500 GB SSD. I cloned the smaller SSD to the larger one and by using BCDBOOT was able to chose which to boot from at startup. Both boot up just fine....
  3. UEFI boot entry in BIOS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UEFI boot entry in BIOS: Dell Inspiron 15 3515 Windows 10.In my Inspiron I have two internal SSDs, one came as standard and is 125 GB and I added my own 500 GB SSD. I cloned the smaller SSD to the larger one and by using BCDBOOT was able to chose which to boot from at startup. Both boot up just fine....
  4. UEFI boot entry in BIOS

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. uefi firmware settings won't boot to bios windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    uefi firmware settings won't boot to bios windows 11: I've used the advance option start up thing to select UEFI Firmware settings on windows 11 to try and boot to the bios, but it will not bring me to the bios. When it restarts it just boots up as normal. I need to access the bios but I can't.My motherboard is Gigabyte Z390...
  6. uefi firmware settings won't boot to bios windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    uefi firmware settings won't boot to bios windows 11: I've used the advance option start up thing to select UEFI Firmware settings on windows 11 to try and boot to the bios, but it will not bring me to the bios. When it restarts it just boots up as normal. I need to access the bios but I can't.My motherboard is Gigabyte Z390...
  7. ASUS UEFI Harddisk Boot Priority

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ASUS UEFI Harddisk Boot Priority: Windows 10 Pro 1909 was originally installed in a 500 GB hard disk.Since the hard disk was giving trouble recently a 1 TB disk got installed and shifted the os but retained the old one for storage..When some updates were not able to install did sfc scannow which returned that...
  8. ASUS UEFI Harddisk Boot Priority

in Windows 10 Support
    ASUS UEFI Harddisk Boot Priority: Windows 10 Pro 1909 was originally installed in a 500 GB hard disk.Since the hard disk was giving trouble recently a 1 TB disk got installed and shifted the os but retained the old one for storage..When some updates were not able to install did sfc scannow which returned that...
  9. Bios order of boot and UEFI

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bios order of boot and UEFI: Hi there, what is the optimum order of "boot" you need to set the bios at for a quicker start-up? And where do you place the UEFI component in relation to the actual firmware in the order of boot? Thank you, Robert....
  10. Cannot boot into UEFI BIOS or Boot Menu

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cannot boot into UEFI BIOS or Boot Menu: Belarc reports UEFI: American Megatrends Inc. P11-B2 Operating System: Windows 10 Home (x64) Version 1511 (build 10586.494) Installed: 4/27/2016 5:58:22 AM Servicing Branch: Current Branch (CB) Boot Mode: UEFI with successful Secure Boot. This is my brother’s computer:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. asus x54h uefi

2. asus rog bios uefi bios windows not booting

3. window wont run when uefi bios is selected