Windows 10: win32kbase BSOD

Discus and support win32kbase BSOD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Had a random crash yesterday, first in I don't know how long. OSR says it's related to hardware, WhoCrashed says it isn't, and Windbg says memory... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Tedjones1337, Dec 3, 2017.

1. win32kbase BSOD

Had a random crash yesterday, first in I don't know how long. OSR says it's related to hardware, WhoCrashed says it isn't, and Windbg says memory corruption. I can't find anything more helpful or specific so I'm asking here.
    Supposedly the minidump should be in the zip folder
    DESKTOP-BA2K18G-Sun_12_03_2017_212829_91.zip

I'm really just looking for someone to take a look at the dump file, it's a bit strange since OSR says it has to do with the desktop window manager and something called, "IsPointerPromotedMouseMessage".

I've just updated and clean installed my video drivers, temperatures are beyond fine, did the /sfc scannow /restorehealth troubleshooting with no errors.
    Thanks in advance.

- forgot to mention it happened while I was playing a video game, the screen froze and the sound was looping as a " buzz " in my headphones, then the computer restarted. -

:)

Tedjones1337, Dec 3, 2017

2. Windows 10 win32kbase bsod

I have used the "Intel® Driver Update Utility" on the laptop.

Hopefully this will solve the bsod's.

Stefan Fokkens, Dec 3, 2017
  3. auggy Win User
    Windows 10 win32kbase bsod

OK, post back if the BSODs persist.

auggy, Dec 3, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

win32kbase BSOD

Hello and welcome to TenForums *Smile

I'd tend to agree it might be hardware so please provide all the information you can in your "My Computer" section. Include details of all hardware attached to your PC.

System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums

philc43, Dec 3, 2017
  5. Okay done. I've also done a memtest overnight with no errors. Mind you this hasn't been recurring so far but I want to know why it happened so I don't need to worry about it in the future.

thanks

Tedjones1337, Dec 3, 2017
  6. zbook New Member
    For all tests please post images into the thread:
    Take Screenshot in Windows 10 General Tips Tutorials
    For Memtest 86+ version 5.01 please use a camera or smart phone camera to take a picture and post an image into the thread.
    In case there are problems posting images please use one drive or drop box share links.

zbook, Dec 4, 2017
  7. win32kbase BSOD [​IMG]

And now?

Tedjones1337, Dec 4, 2017
  8. zbook New Member

win32kbase BSOD

That image does not appear to be Memtest86+ version 5.01.
    Please run Memtest86+ version 5.01 for 8 or more passes.
    Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool
    When the testing has completed please take a picture with a camera or smart phone camera and post an image into the thread.

zbook, Dec 4, 2017
  9. Why would I want to use memtest86+ versus memtest86, friend? All I've been asking is to interpret the dump file, and why philc43 thinks it's a hardware problem.

Tedjones1337, Dec 5, 2017
  10. philc43 Win User
    At this stage with only one mini-dump file in the logs to analyse there is not much to go on. The WinDBG analysis identifies the following reasons:

Code: BugCheck 3B, {c000001d, ffff84951f9bea5c, ffffdd83c6456bc0, 0} Probably caused by : hardware ( win32kbase!IsPointerPromotedMouseMessage+c ) EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc000001d - {EXCEPTION} Illegal Instruction An attempt was made to execute an illegal instruction. FAULTING_IP: win32kbase!IsPointerPromotedMouseMessage+c[/quote] Have you changed mouse or keyboard recently?

We always insist on Memtest86+ in these forums when testing memory, this is based on experience of false and misleading results from the other versions of Memtest.

philc43, Dec 5, 2017
  11. zbook New Member
    1) Please modify C: so that there is at least 25 GB free space:

Drive: C:Free Space: 12.1 GBTotal Space: 113.7 GBFile System: NTFSModel: Samsung SSD 840 EVO 120GB

2) Turn off Windows fast startup:
    Turn On or Off Fast Startup in Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials

3) The BIOS: BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 1.50, 2/6/2017 SMBIOS Version 3.0
    Check for an updated version on the MSI website.
    Post the URL or hyperlink into the thread for the drivers.

4) Find the memory dump and post a share link into the thread:
    memory dump file: %SystemRoot%\MEMORY.DMP or C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP
    Use file explorer > this PC > local C: drive > right upper corner search enter each of the above to find results.

Code: Event[3102]: Log Name: System Source: volmgr Date: 2017-12-02T22:08:51.339 Event ID: 49 Task: N/A Level: Error Opcode: N/A Keyword: Classic User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: DESKTOP-BA2K18G Description: Configuring the Page file for crash dump failed. Make sure there is a page file on the boot partition and that is large enough to contain all physical memory.[/quote] Code: Event[2627]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Boot Date: 2017-12-02T13:57:09.594 Event ID: 29 Task: N/A Level: Error Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: DESKTOP-BA2K18G Description: Windows failed fast startup with error status 0xC00000D4.[/quote] Code: Event[50]: Log Name: System Source: Display Date: 2017-11-02T13:33:03.384 Event ID: 4115 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: Info Keyword: Classic User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: DESKTOP-BA2K18G Description: Display driver failed to start; using Microsoft Basic Display Driver instead. Check Windows Update for a newer display driver.[/quote]

zbook, Dec 5, 2017
  12. I'm going to mark this as solved for now as it doesn't seem likely to happen again, who knows. Thank you for your help

Tedjones1337, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

win32kbase BSOD

1. win32kbase BSOD - Similar Threads - win32kbase BSOD

2. BSOD win32kbase , hidclass,thread exception not handled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD win32kbase , hidclass,thread exception not handled: Hola buenas , llevo semanas con muchos BSOD casi diariamentes y he hecho 3 preguntas en la comunidad de microsoft pero todavia no logro resolver el problema o identificar que es , recientemente pobre el driver verifier y me solto 2 archivos dump el primer error fue el driver...
  3. BSOD win32kbase , hidclass,thread exception not handled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD win32kbase , hidclass,thread exception not handled: Hola buenas , llevo semanas con muchos BSOD casi diariamentes y he hecho 3 preguntas en la comunidad de microsoft pero todavia no logro resolver el problema o identificar que es , recientemente pobre el driver verifier y me solto 2 archivos dump el primer error fue el driver...
  4. BSOD win32kbase , hidclass,thread exception not handled

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows 10 keeps giving me random BSODs mostly related to win32kfull and win32kbase

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 keeps giving me random BSODs mostly related to win32kfull and win32kbase: hello everyone I have been having random blue screens of death with my pc both while being under load or idle I cheeked the ram with memtest86 and windows memory diagnostics with no errors. reinstalled windows a few times, updated all drivers and yet i keep getting random...
  6. Windows 10 keeps giving me random BSODs mostly related to win32kfull and win32kbase

Windows 10 keeps giving me random BSODs mostly related to win32kfull and win32kbase: hello everyone I have been having random blue screens of death with my pc both while being under load or idle I cheeked the ram with memtest86 and windows memory diagnostics with no errors. reinstalled windows a few times, updated all drivers and yet i keep getting random...
  7. Windows 10 keeps giving me random BSODs mostly related to win32kfull and win32kbase

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. How to fix some BSOD ntoskrnl, win32kbase, nvlddmkm issues?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix some BSOD ntoskrnl, win32kbase, nvlddmkm issues?: Hello everyone,I dont know it this is the right place but i hope so.I have several issues with BSOD´s like ntoskrnl, win32kbase, nvlddmkm.How can i fix those? I run out some researches around the web but didnt find anything that could really helped.Hope to get some news...
  9. How to fix some BSOD ntoskrnl, win32kbase, nvlddmkm issues?

How to fix some BSOD ntoskrnl, win32kbase, nvlddmkm issues?: Hello everyone,I dont know it this is the right place but i hope so.I have several issues with BSOD´s like ntoskrnl, win32kbase, nvlddmkm.How can i fix those? I run out some researches around the web but didnt find anything that could really helped.Hope to get some news...
  10. How to fix some BSOD ntoskrnl, win32kbase, nvlddmkm issues?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win32kbase.sys bsod windows 10 ryzen asrock