Windows 10: win7 profile to win10 a journey ..

Discus and support win7 profile to win10 a journey .. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I've had a fun week, amusing a upgrade off a 3 year old sluggish win7 I thought a clean install of win 10 would be better. So I made a new profile,... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by ZippyDSMlee, Jan 16, 2017.

1. win7 profile to win10 a journey ..

I've had a fun week, amusing a upgrade off a 3 year old sluggish win7 I thought a clean install of win 10 would be better. So I made a new profile, copied the old profile over into a temp folder ran a take ownership thing over the old profile, made a temp admin profile copied the main win10 profile over the old win10 data stack it all back into the main profile folder restart the profile and got nothing but file permission hell , even ran tweaking.com repairs in safemode no changes, tried taking ownership in safemode,ect no changes.

I gave up, copied the partition upgraded it to win10 and its working fine.... I hate you MS....

are there any programs to migrate a profile/registry/program/shortcuts between windose's? I swear this is maddness....(this is windose!)

:)

ZippyDSMlee, Jan 16, 2017

2. Profile on start up not mine

Did you upgrade a Win7 or Win8.1 computer to Win10 or did the computer come with Win10 preinstalled?

What's the name of the Local profile (e.g., Guest)?

PA Bear - MS MVP, Jan 16, 2017
  3. EugBer Win User
    Jabra Stone2

My buddy has the Jabra Journey and it announces Caller Name using the Windows Phone Voice just fine.

Specs for the Journey are:

Journey

Bluetooth compliance Bluetooth® 3.0 Supported Bluetooth profiles Bluetooth® Headset and hands-free, A2DP, PBAP profile Compatibility Jabra JOURNEY is compatible with other Bluetooth devices with Bluetooth 3.0 (or higher) specifications

http://www.jabra.com/support/jabra-journey_100-47300000-15

Specs for the Tour are:

Supported Bluetooth profiles: Hands Free profile (v . 1 .6), Headset profile (v . 1 .2), A2Dp (v . 1 .2), pBAp profile

You can see my frustration trying to compare specs and trying to figure out what we need to look for to get the Caller Name Announcement to work!

I'm going to return the Tour and try to find the Journey somewhere.

EugBer, Jan 16, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

win7 profile to win10 a journey ..

Copying a user profile is an extremely complex and involved matter. Many folders in different areas and registry entries are involved. Probability of success: extremely low. It's simply not something you should attempt manually- don't blame Windows or MS - this time.

Out of curiosity, I did a quick search for you for
    transfer user profile

and found this:
    How To Transfer User Profiles In Windows 10
    and
    ForensiT Move Computer

Note too that Laplink's products transfer user profiles as part of the whole transfer of installed programs and data from one PC or build to another which they perform.

dalchina, Jan 16, 2017
  5. Well its a start, I'll look into it.

I've not had much issue with win8 profiles and win10 profiles seem fine its just was so odd win7 was a nightmare. When I move the win10 profile files over the old profile then move them back via a temp admin profile they tend to work with only a few slight oddities which seem to work out after a couple reboots.

ZippyDSMlee, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

win7 profile to win10 a journey ..

1. win7 profile to win10 a journey .. - Similar Threads - win7 profile win10

2. w10 and the Journey

in Windows 10 Gaming
    w10 and the Journey: Journey to the Wild Divine game, I want to work with Windows 10If anyone here has any experience with this software that runs with Windows 10, I'd be interested in any ideas....
  3. w10 and the Journey

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    w10 and the Journey: Journey to the Wild Divine game, I want to work with Windows 10If anyone here has any experience with this software that runs with Windows 10, I'd be interested in any ideas....
  4. w10 and the Journey

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Win7 on Win10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win7 on Win10?: Hey, When i boot up my windows 10 machine i get a classic windows 7 start up menu i believe it is when i made a win7 bootable but now i have this permanently. i went so far as to reset my pc nothing works. Please help! Link to video of what happens:...
  6. Upgrade Win7 to Win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade Win7 to Win10: Received the following error after trying to upgrade Windows from 7 to 10. "This PC can't be upgraded to Windows 10. Your PC isn't supported yet on this version of Windows 10. No action is needed. Windows Update will offer this version of Windows 10 automatically once...
  7. Networking Win10 with Win7

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Networking Win10 with Win7: how to connect a win 10 pc with a win 7 pc in a local network via wifi ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/networking-win10-with-win7/31128bd4-e0ca-434b-9f02-73990826111c
  8. Downgrade Win10 to Win7

Downgrade Win10 to Win7: Hi.... I want to back to use Win7, I bought a new notebook with Win10 installed, Can I downgrade it to Win7? Thanks... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downgrade-win10-to-win7/2e9a1762-030d-48ad-ad2c-d0513a2b9f58
  9. after the win7 to win10

after the win7 to win10: I see where everyone is talking about the oldwindows.folder, I don't have or have never seen it but I do have this "windowss7_os(C:)" that is part of my index under this pc. I had for the longest time 2 document folders. I did a search for the oldwindows.folder and the...
  10. Win7 games on Win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win7 games on Win10: A while ago I installed Win7 games on Win10 using msgames_win8_x64.msi as mentioned in thread Hearts and Solitaire Games in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums I wondered if this was legal but did it anyway. Installing the TH2 update removed the games. I installed them again, but...