Windows 10: Win7 to Win10 Possibilities?

Discus and support Win7 to Win10 Possibilities? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Anyone exploring the possibilities of moving from Win7 to Win10 upon release. Anyone with experience with Win10 can share insights for Win7 users -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gumboman, Jan 20, 2015.

1. gumboman Win User

Win7 to Win10 Possibilities?

Anyone exploring the possibilities of moving from Win7 to Win10 upon release.
    Anyone with experience with Win10 can share insights for Win7 users - probably
    done before, but haven't seen much lately (mainly just Win8 to Win10).

Thanks

:)

gumboman, Jan 20, 2015
  2. linmaxyc Win User

ual boot system upgrade to windows 10

Thanks Jessen for the hint. I was expecting a yes or no answer, since I already have a dual boot system(xp+win7), and if I upgrade win10 from win7 boot, would win7 be replaced by win10 and becomes a (xp+win10) dual boot system?

But it looks more complicated than I thought, should I check current system has xp and win7 are installed in DIFFERENT partitions, otherwise xp would be gone after win7 is upgraded to win10 if xp and win7 are in SAME partition?

linmaxyc, Jan 20, 2015
  3. tonistein Win User
    Sharing drives with Win7 & Win10

My system is running both Win7 & Win10 on different SSD. There are 2 more HDDs of 2TB each in the PC. After using them in Win10 & then switch back to Win7 the 2HDDs will be scanned at bootup over & over again. Those data created in Win10 are not accessible
    in Win7.

Then I got an USB flashdrive 64Gb created in Win7 & then used in Win10. After that it can't be accessed in Win7 anymore. Message say to format the drive before usage

tonistein, Jan 20, 2015
  4. Kari Win User

Hi Gumboman, welcome to the Ten Forums.

Upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 is easy, allowing you to decide if you want to perform a clean install, keep your personal files only, or keep both personal files and installed software. Here's one in-place upgrade test I made: https://www.tenforums.com/installatio...sing-apps.html.

5. gumboman Win User
    Thanks for the reply and the information link.

gumboman, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Win7 to Win10 Possibilities? - Similar Threads - Win7 Win10 Possibilities

2. Win7 on Win10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win7 on Win10?: Hey, When i boot up my windows 10 machine i get a classic windows 7 start up menu i believe it is when i made a win7 bootable but now i have this permanently. i went so far as to reset my pc nothing works. Please help! Link to video of what happens:...
  3. Possible to physically swap betw Win7 & Win10 SSDs?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Possible to physically swap betw Win7 & Win10 SSDs?: I have a standalone offline homemade system with a dual-socket mobo with two 16-core Xeons, and a dozen SSDs internally. It has been running Windows 7 Pro 64 flawlessly since W7 came out. My Adobe CS6 Production Suite is installed on this Win7 system (and won't run on Win10),...
  4. Is Win7-style taskbar popup possible on Win10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is Win7-style taskbar popup possible on Win10?: I've read a lot ... and made attempts ... to get the same nice taskbar preview on Win10 that I've had for years on Win7. These two captures show my progress, thus far (left) and what I'd like to have (right). I such a presentation possible? Thanks in advance for any help...
  5. Upgrade Win7 to Win10

Upgrade Win7 to Win10: Received the following error after trying to upgrade Windows from 7 to 10. "This PC can't be upgraded to Windows 10. Your PC isn't supported yet on this version of Windows 10. No action is needed. Windows Update will offer this version of Windows 10 automatically once...
  6. Networking Win10 with Win7

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Networking Win10 with Win7: how to connect a win 10 pc with a win 7 pc in a local network via wifi ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/networking-win10-with-win7/31128bd4-e0ca-434b-9f02-73990826111c
  7. Downgrade Win10 to Win7

Downgrade Win10 to Win7: Hi.... I want to back to use Win7, I bought a new notebook with Win10 installed, Can I downgrade it to Win7? Thanks... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downgrade-win10-to-win7/2e9a1762-030d-48ad-ad2c-d0513a2b9f58
  8. Win7 games on Win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win7 games on Win10: A while ago I installed Win7 games on Win10 using msgames_win8_x64.msi as mentioned in thread Hearts and Solitaire Games in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums I wondered if this was legal but did it anyway. Installing the TH2 update removed the games. I installed them again, but...
  9. HP desktop win7 32bit to win10 64bit Possible?

HP desktop win7 32bit to win10 64bit Possible?: hello i have a old hp pavilion a6207c running win7 32bit. Its pretty slow and i wanted to upgrade the OS. Would it be possible to do windows 10? 69166
  10. Possible to install Win10 along with Win7 for first time?

Possible to install Win10 along with Win7 for first time?: Hello, I haven't installed Win 10 since it was introduced and from reading and hearing from others who have done it, it seems that there are still some issues that people are facing with this new OS, and I currently only want to install Win 10 so my laptop gets registered...