Windows 10: Win7 to Win10 Software Compatibility?

Discus and support Win7 to Win10 Software Compatibility? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have two PCs: a new Win8.1 desktop and an older Win7-64 desktop. I've have already experienced that several programs that have run great on my Win7... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Sgooter, Jul 19, 2015.

1. Sgooter Win User

Win7 to Win10 Software Compatibility?

I have two PCs: a new Win8.1 desktop and an older Win7-64 desktop. I've have already experienced that several programs that have run great on my Win7 PC will not even install on the new Win8.1 PC.
    So, if/when I decide to upgrade my Win7 PC with the free upgrade to Win10, what is the likelihood that all of my Win7 programs will continue to work OK on that PC after the upgrade to Win10?

:)

Sgooter, Jul 19, 2015
  2. rkfjr Win User

Will software and printer that work with WIndows 7 work on Windows 10?

will my win7 software work with win10 also my printer/scanner that I use on win7????

rkfjr, Jul 19, 2015
  3. e.gray Win User
    I have been requsted the Service pack 1 of Win 7 on Win 10 !!! Why?

Hummm... it appears that you have already upgraded from Win7 to Win10, correct?

So, the issues is NOT do you need Win7 SP1 to perform the upgrade to Win10...

What is GeneXpert? It appears that this software is coded to find Win7SP1 and doesn't understand Win10. I'd direct future inquires to the maker of the software. Perhaps they have a newer version?

e.gray, Jul 19, 2015
  4. swarfega Win User

It depends on the age of the software your using.

You could provide a list of the programs you're concerned about or you can just try them on Virtual box first. If you're unsure.

swarfega, Jul 19, 2015
  5. sgage Win User
    What are the several programs that run on Win7 and not 8.1? I'm trying to think, but I'm pretty sure I have never encountered such a beast, personally. Not saying it ain't so. Maybe there are updated versions that will work. Or maybe you can use the compatibility feature to get it to run.

Windows is pretty darned good at backward compatibility - heck, I'm still running the same version of Quicken 99 that came with my old HP Pavillion back in the day (running Win98) - I've run it on 7, 8, 8.1, and 10. I've run MS Office 2007 on everything from Vista on. It's actually been quite remarkable...

sgage, Jul 19, 2015
  6. Sgooter Win User
    Software that runs on Win7, but not on Win8.1:
    Memorex ExPressit CD LabelMaker
    Driver for Brother PT-1950 Label Printer (software installs, but doesn't run because printer driver is not compatible)
    H&R Block Tax Deluxe for each years 2009 thru 2012

Update:
    Found a fix for the Memorex CD Label Maker
    Found an alternate driver for the Brother Label Printer
    The H&R Block Tax programs listed above remain a problem

Sgooter, Jul 19, 2015
  7. jay969 Win User
    agreed with this

jay969, Jul 21, 2015
  8. Sgooter Win User

Well, I am embarrassed to admit it, but all of my vexing software installation issues were resolved simply by using the "Run As Administrator" command when first accessing the programs I wanted to install. Yet another lesson learned. *Rolleyes

Sgooter, Jul 21, 2015
  9. Molyy Win User
    Mark that. *Wink Thanks to you that I will know how to do if I enconter this.

Molyy, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Win7 to Win10 Software Compatibility? - Similar Threads - Win7 Win10 Software

2. Software compatibility

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Software compatibility: Is Adobe Creative Suites InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat, etc. affected in any way with Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/software-compatibility/497996fb-67e9-4c01-9aed-7ffa03a037fa
  3. Software compatibility

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Software compatibility: Is Adobe Creative Suites InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat, etc. affected in any way with Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/software-compatibility/497996fb-67e9-4c01-9aed-7ffa03a037fa
  4. Win7 games and compatibility

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win7 games and compatibility: I saved a chess game and a few other goodies from my 10 1/2 year old computer that just died. I transferred the files to my new Win10 machine using a thumb drive but clicking the .exe file won't play them or bring them up. I tried assigning them to the Win7 compatibility mode...
  5. Win7 games and compatibility

Win7 games and compatibility: I saved a chess game and a few other goodies from my 10 1/2 year old computer that just died. I transferred the files to my new Win10 machine using a thumb drive but clicking the .exe file won't play them or bring them up. I tried assigning them to the Win7 compatibility mode...
  6. Win7 games and compatibility

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Software compatibility

Software compatibility: I have recently found my old 'The Home Depot: Home Improvement 1-2-3' Interactive CD (pictured below) & I was wondering if anyone knows how to install the program onto a Windows 10 computer. 182922
  8. Win7 on Win10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win7 on Win10?: Hey, When i boot up my windows 10 machine i get a classic windows 7 start up menu i believe it is when i made a win7 bootable but now i have this permanently. i went so far as to reset my pc nothing works. Please help! Link to video of what happens:...
  9. software compatibility

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    software compatibility: how would I install internet explorer 4.01 sp2 on a win 10 os? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/software-compatibility/2d924788-1891-4a1d-912b-013bc0bb3b76
  10. Antivirus Software compatible with Xbox App (win10)?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Antivirus Software compatible with Xbox App (win10)?: Hey, I was using GDATA Antivirus but now I found out that it causes server connectivity issues since it deactivates Windows Defender. Does anyone know a proper antivirus software which wont disable Windows Defender and wont cause server connectivity issues? (dont wanna go...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. table of Compatibility Win7 win10

2. win10 software compatibility win7