Windows 10: win7 update to 10 -> sleep issues, must i clean install??

Discus and support win7 update to 10 -> sleep issues, must i clean install?? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello my problem is i have a laptop. configured to sleep when button or lid is pressed. i can now close the lid... and my baby lil fan still runs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bananapeal, Oct 27, 2016.

1. win7 update to 10 -> sleep issues, must i clean install??

Hello

my problem is i have a laptop. configured to sleep when button or lid is pressed. i can now close the lid... and my baby lil fan still runs like nothing happened. overnight even! when i open the lid, i am presented with logon screen so windows KNOWS it was closed... it just doesn't actually sleep. it doesn't ever stop its fan. it doesnt sleep then wake up it just DOESNT SLEEP!

I've been reading some threads here about the issue. i don't have misbehaving drivers ... /lastwake shows some random scheduled update that reboots the computer. nothing suspicious, no mouse or network card (none are allowed to wake).

The only solution seems to be clean install. IS this correct?? How does M$ force us to update then do such a piss poor job of it?? how is this acceptable?? cuz it's 'free'???

Just grasping at straws, any other options? i might have to wait many months before clean install because i have many programs.

thanks for ideas.

:)

bananapeal, Oct 27, 2016
  2. kaupz Win User

Black Hang screen after windows 10 updates

Had similar issue with win7 -> win10 upgrade Lenovo T410.

Coming out from Sleep it said "graphic not responding".

Graphic driver update fixed it. now all OK.

kaupz, Oct 27, 2016
  3. Sleep Mode running Windows 10

The problem with getting your computer to go into sleep mode must be an issue with the operating systems. I have read through many posts regarding this problem and there has been no clear solution offered up. Getting computer to go to sleep automatically
    after the designated period in Settings > Power and Sleep > Sleep does not work. We should have received some communication by now from the Microsoft development team for Windows 10. They must be asleep.

Misterdavie, Oct 27, 2016
  4. AddRAM Win User

win7 update to 10 -> sleep issues, must i clean install??

You are correct, having a laptop is a problem *chuckle

But seriously, Why do you think a clean install would fix it ?

Have you tried hibernation instead of sleep ?

Go over your power options again, make sure you aren`t missing something.

AddRAM, Oct 27, 2016
  5. the google saved me!

ok so i had a desktop taht i also updated and was doing the same thing until i clean installed. actually, the interns that wrote the update program did such a bad job that even though they removed windows media center in 10, my win10 was still waking up in middle of night to do mceupdate.exe ... effing retards. anyhoo. once i fixed that, it still wouldn't sleep until i fresh insatalled out of frustration.

so perhaps a slightly more competent group of interns did the fresh install program.

SOLUTION: open elevated command prompt, type powercfg requestsoverride srvnet ... then i went into the powerconfig and disabled wake timers for every plan setting because M$.

now i can close the lid and have the thing stop like normal. i will do the updates manually i guess.

thanks for listening. so bad. so bad their upgrade and install programs. i'd be ashamed if i worked at M$ and shipped this garbage.

bananapeal, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

win7 update to 10 -> sleep issues, must i clean install??

1. win7 update to 10 -> sleep issues, must i clean install?? - Similar Threads - win7 update sleep

2. Clean Windows 10 install issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Clean Windows 10 install issues: Hello all, I just finished my first PC build: https://newegg.io/056075b As a professional software engineer, I thought for sure that installing the operating system would be the easiest part of the build for me. However, I have spent nearly 20 unbelievably frustrating hours...
  3. Issues with clean install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Issues with clean install: So I tried to clean install windows the resetting windows got stuck at 99%, eventually restarted but said could not delete everything. windowes install started but bugged out halfway through. now when I boot I gett windows installationj failed to start. My bios settign seem...
  4. Clean Windows 10 installation issues.

Clean Windows 10 installation issues.: I am attempting to do a reformat and clean install booting fromW10 USB. When its all done and Windows is ready I still have my old desktop wallpaper and a bunch of desktop files showing. I have gone through the process twice and used the Custom installation option and...
  5. Windows 10 feature set updates never install - I must clean install every time to update

Windows 10 feature set updates never install - I must clean install every time to update: I have been unable to update my install of Windows 10 to the latest feature set update. I am currently on 1709 which I had to clean install. I've never been able to run windows updates to install the latest feature set updates since as long as I can remember. I am now having...
  6. Must a clean install be on the same machine to Activate with a Win 7

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Must a clean install be on the same machine to Activate with a Win 7: Must a clean install be on the same machine to Activate with a Win 7 or 8 key? 29846
  7. Issue with Clean Install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Issue with Clean Install: Today i upgraded my mother board, cpu and ram to an asrock z170 K6, an i7 6700k, and 2x8n ddr4 ram and i am trying to do a clean install from a usb created with the media creation tool. I have made 3 usb's and have gotten multiple BSOD's and now i am at the point where the...
  8. Clean install BSOD during sleep?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Clean install BSOD during sleep?: Just did a clean install of Windows 10 pro x64 last night. Everything was going well it seemed. Installed all my essentials and drivers. I put my PC to sleep last night. Woke up this morning and my PC was turned on for some reason, checked event viewer and saw a "bugcheck"....
  9. How to Do Clean Install After Problematical Win7 - Win 10 Upgrade?

How to Do Clean Install After Problematical Win7 - Win 10 Upgrade?: I think it best to do a clean install of Windows 10 on my computer because of previous problems with a Win XP to 7 upgrade and the problems with this Win 7 to Win10 upgrade. Blinking screen, no sound, "Critical Error" and Start Menu not working, on this Win7 > Win10 upgrade....
  10. Dual Boot win7/10 questions...with clean install

Dual Boot win7/10 questions...with clean install: Hello, I recently upgraded my one laptop to windows 10 and thought I was doing a clean install but did not and wound up doing a restore that deleted everything. I downloaded windows 10 via the media creation tool in hopes of doing a clean install to my other laptop. I have...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no wake up win7 win 10 how to fix