Windows 10: Win7 USB install of W10 boots to 'choose an option' menu > no Win 10

Discus and support Win7 USB install of W10 boots to 'choose an option' menu > no Win 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have installed from the download and then created the usb from the media creation tool. When it reboots from the setup I get the below screen:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Zipstar, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Zipstar Win User

Win7 USB install of W10 boots to 'choose an option' menu > no Win 10

I have installed from the download and then created the usb from the media creation tool.

When it reboots from the setup I get the below screen:

I have tried the options but cant get to Win 10 - what is going wrong here?

Win7 USB install of W10 boots to 'choose an option' menu > no Win 10 [​IMG]

:)

Zipstar, Aug 1, 2015

2. Windows 10 Update, error 80070003, failed 4 TIMES now.

Hello

I found a solution, a bit brutal:

1. backup everything

2. create a usb key to install win 10

3. go in the Advanced restart menu to restart from the USB key

4. And during the boot the install should start

5 there choose the "keep Nothing" option (any other choice fails, or lead you back to a previous process)

best

adrien courdavault, Aug 1, 2015
  3. WayneRupp Win User
    Computer only boots into Startup Repair, then fails

Hey Efureie,

I have read your post several times.

I would further explore the Advanced Startup Options menu (ASO)..... but this time with one big difference.

I would boot from the USB installation media that you said you made. You are not going to lose anything by booting from this media if you choose "Repair this computer" in the second screen
    bottom left that opens.

Many computers have a boot menu key that is tapped continuously during the boot process. This triggers the boot options menu.....you would then choose to boot to the USB installation media.

In the second screen that opens,

at the bottom left corner is "Repair this computer" option. Select this...it will take you back into the ASO menu......but this time you have booted installation media plugged into a port and that should make a difference with choices available there.

You have previously worked through these options earlier, but you must do it again because you booted from the installation media, and that makes a difference in functionality of the options. Try options in this order.

1. Continue exit to Win 10

2. System Restore Points

3. Startup Repair

4. Reset....keep files but lose apps

In summary, the Advanced Startup Options menu can work better with installation media connected and booted from.

Regards,

Wayne

WayneRupp, Aug 1, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

Remove the flash drive.
    Boot Windows 7.
    Insert the flash drive.
    Run setup.exe from the flash drive.

Ztruker, Aug 1, 2015
  5. Zipstar Win User
    thanks for the reply.

thats what i have done, rebooted win 7, inserted the usb, run setup.exe from the usb. then after the install it reboots the laptop and then i get this screen above...
    will try it again and report back

Zipstar, Aug 1, 2015
  6. Ztruker Win User
    Do you have USB set as the first boot device in BIOS? Have you removed the flash drive and rebooted?

Ztruker, Aug 1, 2015
  7. Zipstar Win User
    tried booting from usb, it works but asks for product key (which i have). unsure if the boot from usb will create a new clean install?

i need to run an update so i can keep all my settings, installed programs, etc.

i also unencrypted the system drive in case that was causing an issue, will try the update again...

Zipstar, Aug 1, 2015
  8. Zipstar Win User

solved it - had to unencrypt system drive truecrypt

Zipstar, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Win7 USB install of W10 boots to 'choose an option' menu > no Win 10 - Similar Threads - Win7 USB install

2. Why is there no USB option in my BIOS boot menu?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is there no USB option in my BIOS boot menu?: How do I fix this? So far, but without success, I have tried:Resetting BIOS to default settings Activated F12 & restarted pressing F12 the USB does not appear Checked so that my ports and the USB version is compatible YES & so that the USB works to boot from, on another...
  3. Why is there no USB option in my BIOS boot menu?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is there no USB option in my BIOS boot menu?: How do I fix this? So far, but without success, I have tried:Resetting BIOS to default settings Activated F12 & restarted pressing F12 the USB does not appear Checked so that my ports and the USB version is compatible YES & so that the USB works to boot from, on another...
  4. laptop showing option to choose win 10 os

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    laptop showing option to choose win 10 os: multiple laptops in my company suddenly showing option to choose OS during startup. this happened after windows update. the os updated from 1909 to 20h2 version. i already know how to bypass the process. my queries as below.1. why is this happening. is it due unclean...
  5. "CHOOSE AN OPTION" BOOT LOOP

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "CHOOSE AN OPTION" BOOT LOOP: BEFORE IF APPEARS. AFTER I UPDATE SOME FEATURES IN MY LAPTOP, I THEN RESTART IT. MY SCREEN ONLY SHOWS "CHOOSE AN OPTION" . None of the options available work, as it reverts back to the "choose an option" screen....
  6. Boot option menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Boot option menu: ⬆️ and⬇️ to change option, ENTER to select an option What should I will do to solve this , https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/boot-option-menu/eb0bea46-d857-4318-b553-af9b3e706ce3
  7. win 10 to win7

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    win 10 to win7: I downloaded win10, didn't care for it and went back to 7. Now my wifi doesn't work, laptop shows that it's connected; but it wont connect to any web page. 13264
  8. "Choose an option" menu appears on clicking restart

in Windows 10 Support
    "Choose an option" menu appears on clicking restart: Hi there, It used to be when I press the power button, followed by the restart option, my PC will immediately perform the restart action. However, not sure when it began, now when I click the power button, followed by the restart option, the "Choose an option" menu...
  9. Re-install Windows from USB stick - UEFI option on boot menu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Re-install Windows from USB stick - UEFI option on boot menu: Hi all, I'm going to do a clean install of Windows 10 on my desktop system as I want to give it a good clear-out. I've created the Windows 10 boot media on a USB stick, and this is what I see on the UEFI BIOS F8 boot menu: [img] Previously on this system when...
  10. Advanced Boot Options Menu (Choose an option)

in Windows 10 Support
    Advanced Boot Options Menu (Choose an option): The same trick from Windows 8/8.1 still works in 10. https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html Click on Start, click the power icon at the top of the Start Menu. Hold down Shift and click on Restart. [img] You will boot to the Choose an option...