Windows 10: Winamp Pro STILL working !!!

Discus and support Winamp Pro STILL working !!! in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi folks Winamp PRO is still working perfectly on W10 release 1511 (I went back from 1607 because of other issues). This program wouldn't work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jimbo45, Aug 3, 2016.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Winamp Pro STILL working !!!

Hi folks

Winamp PRO is still working perfectly on W10 release 1511 (I went back from 1607 because of other issues).
    This program wouldn't work properly on Win 8.1

Winamp Pro STILL working !!! [​IMG]

I like it especially for ripping Music as it connects to Gracenote - which for Classical music CD's is far superior to various Free databases which are more geared to other genres of what be loosely described as "Music".

Saves tagging Cd's etc after ripping - although for manual tagging / retagging of music Mp3tag does a great job (and it's still free).

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Aug 3, 2016

2. N80 won't play aac (128kbps) files from Music Manager ????

Use MP3 or if you must use AAC use WINAMP Pro or iTunes to convert them.

I prefer to use WMA VBR and I use Windows Media Player 11 to convert them. They work in Music Editions and N91

Cheers!

el_loco---01, Aug 3, 2016
  3. Unknown Artist- N73

OK, I have a solution for you. If you use Windows, you can use Winamp Pro (has to be the Pro version):

In Winamp, set your Ripping settings to the following:

encoder: aacPlus (HE-AAC) Encoder 1.23

bitrate: 48kps

channel: stereo

bitstream: mp4

then, in your Input > Nullsoft MPEG Audio Decoder 4.03 preferences:

uncheck "write ID3v2" and uncheck ID3v2 from the "tag writing from media library" which is underneath it - no point writing ID3v2, the Nokia can't read it.

---

now, when you insert a cd, you should be able to rip it to a straight AAC file, correctly tagged with an ID3v1 tag, which the Nokia can read. Winamp will also let you transfer your tracks to your Nokia card, if you insert it into a cardreader (don't know about
    if you use PCsuite usb).

Alternatively, set winamp to put your ripped music into your Nokia Music Manager folder - NMM will automatically find it, and let you transfer to phone.

(also, you can use Winamp Pro to convert any MP3s/Flacs etc you already have using the same settings. I converted 30 FLAC albums into Nokia-ready AAC with one select-click... fantastic!)

iggy23---01, Aug 3, 2016
  4. swarfega Win User

It's a pity that company bought Winamp then just sat on it.

swarfega, Aug 3, 2016
Thema:

1. Winamp Pro STILL working !!! - Similar Threads - Winamp Pro STILL

2. probleem met winamp

in Windows 10 Gaming
    probleem met winamp: besteik kan geen songs slepen van mijn songlijst naar mijn playlist dan krijg ik de volgende fout melding.mvgWinamp client version: 5.9.1 Build 10029 winamp caused an Access Violation 0xc0000005 in module winamp.exe at 0023:004adaa2. Exception handler called in Winamp. Error...
  3. probleem met winamp

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    probleem met winamp: besteik kan geen songs slepen van mijn songlijst naar mijn playlist dan krijg ik de volgende fout melding.mvgWinamp client version: 5.9.1 Build 10029 winamp caused an Access Violation 0xc0000005 in module winamp.exe at 0023:004adaa2. Exception handler called in Winamp. Error...
  4. Winamp still working on skip ahead build

Winamp still working on skip ahead build: Hi folks I still think this is one of the best programs for CD ripping and automatic tagging -- especially if you like Classical music as it has Gracenote DB api built in so in most cases can easily tag your CD rip --good if you are digitising / ripping a load of CD's with...
  5. New Winamp!

New Winamp!: New WINAMP released version 5.8 *ArrowWinamp Enyoj! *Party 120138
  6. Winamp

Winamp: Digging through my other data drive, I found my Winamp installer. Always loved kickin the Llamas ^%# *Cool [img] 5974
  7. Winamp working again !!!!

Winamp working again !!!!: Hi there I used to love this program --it failed on W8.1 with some sort of script error. Works on W10 build 10041 perfectly again. I know it's an OLD program but I really liked it and I haven't found anything nearly as good on modern apps (although VLC plays audio)....
  8. Audio CD Autoplay not working with Winamp

Audio CD Autoplay not working with Winamp: For some reason, audio CD autoplay is not working with Winamp. I checked the "Launch Winamp for Audio CDs" box, but when I open it again, it's unchecked. I've checked the registry, and Winamp is already listed as an audio CD or enhanced audio CD handler, as you can see on the...
  9. How to uninstall Winamp

How to uninstall Winamp: How do I uninstall Winamp v5.666? Win 10 It is not listed In Control Panel - Programs and Features nor in Revo Uninstaller. I tried "Best Uninstaller" software I found in a Google search but it didn't find it. I found a web site "Advanced Uninstaller.com" That states:...
  10. Winamp

in Windows 10 News
    Winamp: Winamp site is now closed. . .Good by old friend. . .*Thumbs 1418