Windows 10: Winamp won't play .m4a files recorded on my phone

Discus and support Winamp won't play .m4a files recorded on my phone in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I recorded a bunch of audio on my phone and it came out as .m4a files. They play fine in other players, but winamp won't play them. I really need to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Dimitri, Jun 20, 2018.

1. Dimitri Win User

Winamp won't play .m4a files recorded on my phone

I recorded a bunch of audio on my phone and it came out as .m4a files. They play fine in other players, but winamp won't play them.

I really need to play them on Winamp, because I have hours of material to get through and I'm gonna need to skip back and forth a lot and that can be done very conveniently on Winamp.

Any ideas as to why it won't play them?

Dimitri, Jun 20, 2018
  2. flak4 Win User

N78 - Cannot play some M4A music files!

For some odd reason my N78-3 will play some of my M4A files but refuses to play others.

I have a mix of differently encoded music, most of which are M4A, WMA and MP3. All of the WMA and MP3 music files work fine. However, only about 40% of my M4A library will play. When the player comes across a track that it won't play, it skips it and moves
    on to the next track.

None of my music files are protected. I've done some testing and all of the files play fine on my PC and on my Sony Ericsson W960i.

I am able to re-encode the music in order for it to work on the phone, but I do not want to have to re-encode the music.

There is one small thing I've noticed: When using Winamp, when viewing the file details on a non-working M4A, under 'Format Type' it says "Audio Unknown"; whereas on a working M4A, it says "Audio MPEG-4 AAC LC". I've checked every one of my M4A music files
    and all of the 'Unknown' marked ones will not play. It just doesn't make sense because my Sony Ericsson phone and my PC have no problems playing it. Winamp plays them, iTunes plays them, no problems at all. My N78 just refuses to play them!

Anyone else have this problem or any suggestions? Please help.

flak4, Jun 21, 2018
  3. beau Win User
    Reset Folder for Recorder .m4a Files

How can you change the folder where .m4a files created with Recorder are saved?

4. theorb Win User

E72 cant play m4a files

I brought the issue up with the local Nokia customer service and they informed me that Nokia does not officially support m4a files, so they cannot comment on support for m4a files. If you read the specifications, you should notice that m4a files are not
    officially supported by E72. If you want to ensure that you can play m4a files on the E72, I would suggest that you do not upgrade to firmware 23.002. I didn't find too many problems with v21.024 firmware.

theorb, Jun 21, 2018
Thema:

1. Winamp won't play .m4a files recorded on my phone - Similar Threads - Winamp won't play

2. Problem with file m4a

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with file m4a: I need to copy past a file m4a but I cannot do it from my phone to my pc. A message appears saying that the canal is already used while trying to do it. Yesterday I did the copy paste with success, but the file was smaller. Can you help me please? Ty...
  3. Problem with file m4a

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem with file m4a: I need to copy past a file m4a but I cannot do it from my phone to my pc. A message appears saying that the canal is already used while trying to do it. Yesterday I did the copy paste with success, but the file was smaller. Can you help me please? Ty...
  4. Problem with file m4a

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Playback of m4a file

Playback of m4a file: When I click on the file in file manager, Groove music opens. But file does not play. it allows me to advance the time slider, but playback does not occur. No change in elapsed time occurs....
  6. playing and recording a video restarts my phone

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    playing and recording a video restarts my phone: 3 months after buying my Lumia 540 phone it stopped playing and recording videos. Every time I try to play or record a video it restarts and also, when I try to make a voice call or even answer one it restarts. Please help me...
  7. Issues playing .mp3 and .m4a files that are stored in my OneDrive folder with Windows Media...

Issues playing .mp3 and .m4a files that are stored in my OneDrive folder with Windows Media...: I used to store all of my .mp3 and .m4a files in my hard drive outside of my OneDrive folder, and they always played without issue in Windows Media Player (WMP). A few months ago I started paying for OneDrive and moved all of my music to my local OneDrive folder. All of the...
  8. Reset Folder for Recorder .m4a Files

in Windows 10 Support
    Reset Folder for Recorder .m4a Files: How can you change the folder where .m4a files created with Recorder are saved? 90883
  9. Winamp

in Windows 10 News
    Winamp: Winamp site is now closed. . .Good by old friend. . .*Thumbs 1418
  10. Thumbnails for M4a files?

in Windows 10 Support
    Thumbnails for M4a files?: Hi guys Should windows 10 (by default) be displaying thumbnails within explorer for m4a files? I'm browsing my iTunes media folder and I can see thumbnails only for .mp4, .mp3, .m4p but not for m4a. If I play an m4a file within media player or iTunes I can see the album...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. m4a file not playing on phone

2. winamp m4a windows 10