Windows 10: Winamp

Discus and support Winamp in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Digging through my other data drive, I found my Winamp installer. Always loved kickin the Llamas ^%# *Cool [img] 5974 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Dude, May 9, 2015.

1. Dude Win User

Winamp

Digging through my other data drive, I found my Winamp installer. Always loved kickin the Llamas ^%# *Cool

Winamp [​IMG]

:)

Dude, May 9, 2015
  2. john8400 Win User

WINAMP for 5700

Nice. Nokia does Winamp.

(Check it out on the 5700 pages under "software" and "music")

Can you do an update to the Installer?

The first thing you see when starting is a nice red window saying:

"WINAMP UPDATE"

"Free Winamp Upgrade Available"

"Important Upgrade: This upgrade fixes a security vulnerability present in previous Winamp versions."

"Upgrading is strongly recommended."

"DOWNLOAD" BUTTON

Its pretty tedious to download Winamp from Nokia, install, oops...download *again* from Winamp, install again....

Why not just point straight to the Winamp download image? Its not like there's any co-branding...

john8400, May 9, 2015
  3. KoGreg Win User
    Problem with playback in Winamp.

Try this version, it may help
    Winamp

KoGreg, May 9, 2015
  4. jimbo45 Win User

Winamp

Hi there

It actually WORKS in W10 properly --- it was "partially" broken in W8.1 - some .NET / VBS feature didn't work -- works 10o% in W10.

I like it for RIPPING CD's to FLAC (as well as other codecs) and what's more it tags quite accurately the tracks using GRACENOTE DB which IMO especially for classical music is far better than freedb which is more geared to more "alternative" type music.

I like the equaliser too -- works better than the standard windows media player. What is also good is that it plays via FOLDERS if you like that type of approach. Most music players want you to create and maintain PLAYLISTS - normally I can't be bothered with that type of stuff as most of my music was ripped from CD's.

An easy way to create the FLAC / other codec music with the proper tags is to create an Audio CD on HDD (you'll see track1.cda etc). Mount the "Virtual CD" in Windows and then rip it in WINAMP.

(It's quicker doing this than ripping directly from the CD -- you can run two or more instances of Winamp while you are creating the next "Virtual audio" CD.

Cheers
    jimbo

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, May 9, 2015
  5. Dude Win User
    Thanks @jimbo45 I never used it to it's full capability but that is good to know

Dude, May 9, 2015
  6. AlanWade Win User
    Interesting, wonder if my old Media Monkey v4 would work?? Will have to give it a shot and see.

AlanWade, May 10, 2015
  7. jc836 Win User
    Media Monkey 3.2 and 4.1 both work just fine for me. The skins for 3.2 will load, tho they no longer have the rounded edges like in Windows 7.

jc836, May 10, 2015
  8. Winamp

I have been using WinAmp since 2000.......I have no issues with the way I use it on Windows 8.1 or 7.....or NT4 actually.....*chuckle

Indianatone, May 10, 2015
  9. Gary Win User
    I used it for a long time but when they ended the support of it I moved to AIMP.

10. I've used Winamp as my music player ever since I installed the W7 betas and WMP12 screwed up ~25% of my mp3s (2009).

I thought that I read that some company/group "adopted" Winamp, but I haven't heard anything about it since then.

lehnerus2000, May 11, 2015
  11. Dude Win User
  12. GregoryP Win User
    For Windows 10 I would recommend to use patched version Winamp Winamp for Windows 10 | Winamp for Windows, Mac, Android
    My favorite media player since I graduated from high school.

GregoryP, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Winamp

1. Winamp - Similar Threads - Winamp

2. bluetooth hoparlör ve Winamp

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bluetooth hoparlör ve Winamp: Winamp ile çalışmak için bluetooth hoparlörün sonraki parça düğmesi komutunu programlamak mümkün müdür? Örneğin, konuşmacının Sonraki parça düğmesinin komutunu Windows'ta klavyenin END tuşuna karşılık gelecek şekilde programlamaya ve bunu Winamp'a parça değiştirme Kısayolu...
  3. bluetooth hoparlör ve Winamp

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bluetooth hoparlör ve Winamp: Winamp ile çalışmak için bluetooth hoparlörün sonraki parça düğmesi komutunu programlamak mümkün müdür? Örneğin, konuşmacının Sonraki parça düğmesinin komutunu Windows'ta klavyenin END tuşuna karşılık gelecek şekilde programlamaya ve bunu Winamp'a parça değiştirme Kısayolu...
  4. bluetooth hoparlör ve Winamp

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. probleem met winamp

in Windows 10 Gaming
    probleem met winamp: besteik kan geen songs slepen van mijn songlijst naar mijn playlist dan krijg ik de volgende fout melding.mvgWinamp client version: 5.9.1 Build 10029 winamp caused an Access Violation 0xc0000005 in module winamp.exe at 0023:004adaa2. Exception handler called in Winamp. Error...
  6. probleem met winamp

probleem met winamp: besteik kan geen songs slepen van mijn songlijst naar mijn playlist dan krijg ik de volgende fout melding.mvgWinamp client version: 5.9.1 Build 10029 winamp caused an Access Violation 0xc0000005 in module winamp.exe at 0023:004adaa2. Exception handler called in Winamp. Error...
  7. why am i having trouble creating a play list on winamp in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why am i having trouble creating a play list on winamp in windows 11: Hi gang i need a lot of help here i am really not that computer smart so please be descriptive in your answers it will be a great help to me i got a new laptop for Christmas and i love it however it is windows 11 and i am having the worst time getting my winamp to play...
  8. why am i having trouble creating a play list on winamp in windows 11

why am i having trouble creating a play list on winamp in windows 11: Hi gang i need a lot of help here i am really not that computer smart so please be descriptive in your answers it will be a great help to me i got a new laptop for Christmas and i love it however it is windows 11 and i am having the worst time getting my winamp to play...
  9. Once-popular Windows media player Winamp is probably coming back

in Windows 10 News
    Once-popular Windows media player Winamp is probably coming back: The media streaming world is now all about YouTube, Apple, Spotify, and other paid or ad-supported free servicing services. However, this wasn’t the case in the early or mid-2000s. In the early 2000s, desktop users just wanted to maintain their own music libraries using apps...
  10. Loss of sound on winamp after Windows 10 update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Loss of sound on winamp after Windows 10 update?: I seem to have a problem others have had in past years. I've been using WINAMP to play sounds for decades. Now, when I use it to try to play an mp3, I get the error message: BadDirectSound driver. Please install proper drivers or select another device in configuration. I...