Windows 10: WINDBG Range Error While Trying To Dump The Stack

Discus and support WINDBG Range Error While Trying To Dump The Stack in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hopefully this is the correct subforum to post this in. If it is not could somebody point me to the correct one? I am using THIS guide here on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LACSTS, Jan 14, 2016.

1. LACSTS Win User

WINDBG Range Error While Trying To Dump The Stack

Hopefully this is the correct subforum to post this in. If it is not could somebody point me to the correct one?

I am using THIS guide here on tenforums.

When I try to dump the stack I input the command dps ffffd00026876000 ffffd00026870000. The two values are my base and limit values. I tripple checked them many times.

However everytime I input that command I get an error message saying

"^ Range error in 'dps ffffd00021787000 ffffd00021781000"

What is this about?

:)

LACSTS, Jan 14, 2016

2. BSOD - tcpip.sys failure - anybody smart enough to figure this out???

BugCheck D1, {3c, 2, 1, fffff80c51947705}

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for FortiFilter.sys

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ipeaklwf.sys

Probably caused by : FortiFilter.sys ( FortiFilter+1ceb )

I think the BSOD issues is resolved.

Here is some article how to configure and analyze with the WinDBG

Install and Configure WinDBG for BSOD Analysis Windows 10 BSOD Tutorials

WinDBG - The Basics for Debugging Crash Dumps in Windows 10 Windows 10 BSOD Tutorials

Regards.

IT Guy Viki, Jan 14, 2016
  3. auggy Win User
    auggy, Jan 14, 2016
  4. LACSTS Win User

Solved.

My fault.

Limit first, Base second

LACSTS, Jan 14, 2016
Thema:

1. WINDBG Range Error While Trying To Dump The Stack - Similar Threads - WINDBG Range Error

2. Having trouble understanding BSOD dump files in WinDbg

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having trouble understanding BSOD dump files in WinDbg: I have a set of 3 dump files created after a series of BSODs. All I can understand from them is the following error codes:SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 3b IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL a PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA 50 Seems to be something related to the improper addressing of memory,...
  3. Having trouble understanding BSOD dump files in WinDbg

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Having trouble understanding BSOD dump files in WinDbg: I have a set of 3 dump files created after a series of BSODs. All I can understand from them is the following error codes:SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 3b IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL a PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA 50 Seems to be something related to the improper addressing of memory,...
  4. What is the dump stack?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the dump stack?: Hello! I was wondering what the DumpStack is, and if I can delete it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-dump-stack/0c91b7c6-e06d-4f73-8e96-72aedb0686a5
  5. What is the dump stack?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is the dump stack?: Hello! I was wondering what the DumpStack is, and if I can delete it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-dump-stack/0c91b7c6-e06d-4f73-8e96-72aedb0686a5
  6. THe Dump Stack File

in Windows 10 Gaming
    THe Dump Stack File: Is the Dump Stack file needed for windows to operate properly? I am noticing on various backups my external drive is giving me notices that two files could not be backed up and the Dump Stack file is one of them.Kenneth...
  7. THe Dump Stack File

THe Dump Stack File: Is the Dump Stack file needed for windows to operate properly? I am noticing on various backups my external drive is giving me notices that two files could not be backed up and the Dump Stack file is one of them.Kenneth...
  8. WinDbg error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WinDbg error: For some reason, I can't debug using WinDbg. This error pops up whenever I debug my minidump files. Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 10.0.15063.400 AMD64 Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Loading Dump File [C:\Users\Daryll...
  9. WinDbg error.

WinDbg error.: Hi, I'm quite active on the BSOD subforum of Sevenforums and recently I've been having a small issue with WinDbg and I tried to fix it but it didn't work. It has something to do with symbols and its path has somehow gotten a bit messy. [img] Above is the error...
  10. WinDBG - The Basics for Debugging Crash Dumps in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    WinDBG - The Basics for Debugging Crash Dumps in Windows 10: How to: WinDBG - The Basics for Debugging Crash Dumps in Windows 10 WinDBG - The Basics for Debugging Crash Dumps in Windows 10 [img] Information WinDBG (Windows DeBuGger) is an analytic tool used for analysing and debugging Windows crash dumps, also known as BSODs...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. range error windbg

2. windbg range error